X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What hat are you wearing to church this Sunday?

As we all know, we women are not allowed to pray or prophesy without our heads covered.

To do so is dishonorable. Paul tells us that it is so shameful for us women to pray without our heads covered, that we should shave our heads instead of doing it. Paul also says that a woman with a shaved head is an abomination to God.

1 Corinthians 11:3-9
    3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
    4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
    5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
    6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
    7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
    8 For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
    9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

Since we are all good Christian ladies here, I thought we could chat about what hat we are going to wear to church this Sunday.

I was thinking of something classy like this one.

Ezekiel 36:26- A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Re: What hat are you wearing to church this Sunday?

I like a small hat in church, so people can see around me. I will not mention any names but some people (who sit in the third aisle) wear hats so big they block the sightlines for others. I hope someone will speak to this person (and her 2 copycat friends) soon.

And remember that bonnets are currently outlawed at church services, Ladies. Some of the pastors and male elders accused some wives of taking naps, unobserved, during sermons.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mistress Cookie View Post
      I like a small hat in church, so people can see around me. I will not mention any names but some people (who sit in the third aisle) wear hats so big they block the sightlines for others. I hope someone will speak to this person (and her 2 copycat friends) soon.

And remember that bonnets are currently outlawed at church services, Ladies. Some of the pastors and male elders accused some wives of taking naps, unobserved, during sermons.
      Yes, I miss wearing my bonnet. Lately I've been wearing a head scarf

But I have been informed that this is too "muslim"

So I bought this one last week.

Drama queen

Comment

My friend has this still available in her boutique, I'm rather tempted.

Comment

I can't decide between this one: and this one:
          "Come Unto Me. Put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath." (Matthew 19:14, Job 1:11).

Comment

Originally posted by ExGay Alex View Post
            I can't decide between this one: and this one:
            Brother, men are not allowed to wear hats in church.

1 Cor. 14:4
            4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
            Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

This particular passage is a stumbling block for liberal false Christians like this one. He advances three possibilities, namely, that God's Word means what it says and that it means two different things. Then, in his "conclusion," he says,
              First, don't just dismiss this passage because you don't like what it might be saying (especially the women reading this). Instead, read it, study it, and pray about it to decide which of the above views you think is biblical. Then obey it!
              How postmodern. We can't count on the Almighty to get His point across clearly, and besides, it's not as though the Bible had any intrinsic meaning anyway. Choose your own adventure.

To rub salt in the wound, he includes this illustration:

Click image for larger version

Name:	headscarfandpearlearring.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1917316

So even if we do decide that God said what He meant and meant what He said about head coverings (how gracious we're being toward Him), we still get to ignore 1 Timothy 2:9-10.
              This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Isaac Peters View Post
                Choose your own adventure.
                He's quite the expert on ancient Corinth isn't he

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Isaac Peters View Post
                  This particular passage is a stumbling block for liberal false Christians like this one. He advances three possibilities, namely, that God's Word means what it says and that it means two different things. Then, in his "conclusion," he says,How postmodern. We can't count on the Almighty to get His point across clearly, and besides, it's not as though the Bible had any intrinsic meaning anyway. Choose your own adventure.

To rub salt in the wound, he includes this illustration:

[ATTACH]20712[/ATTACH]

So even if we do decide that God said what He meant and meant what He said about head coverings (how gracious we're being toward Him), we still get to ignore 1 Timothy 2:9-10.
                  So my head scarfs were okay? **Somebody** told me it made me look like a mudslime heathen.
                  Drama queen

Comment

Originally posted by BelieverInGod View Post
                    So my head scarfs were okay? **Somebody** told me it made me look like a mudslime heathen.
                    I didn't say they made you look like a mudslime heathen. I said people might think you are a mudslime heathen. We have to look out for each other, dear.
                    Let Jesus Christ Wash You Clean
                    in 2016

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post

My friend has this still available in her boutique, I'm rather tempted.

Mitzi, I´m afraid this chapeau is reminiscent of hats that the nigras wear in THEIR baptist church. Are they even really Baptists? Are they even really CHRISTIANS?

Best stick to a modest solid color with a brim and veil, like mine.
                      Are you Washed in the Blood of the Lamb?

Comment

Originally posted by Kitchen Keepin View Post
                        Thanks for the tip, we don't have those in Australia so I was not aware. We often have to choose between bright, even lurid colour schemes when shopping I don't know what our fashion designers are thinking of, so I usually make my own. I will not buy that hat. Although it's not our intention to swivel eyeballs, but rather to prevent God from seeing the tops of our heads as He has commanded, nevertheless I must say your choice does suit you I will find another hat do you think I should visit my friend's shop again probably not.

Comment

The hat Mrs Kitchen Keepin showed us looks nice, but don't you think you should choose another picture? I don't think it is that good to use a stripper wh*re as example on a christian page like this one. And Dita van Teese is definetely one. A typical hollywood woman and a heathen for sure, as she is the ex wife of Marylin Manson, that gothic idiot, if she wears a pretty hat or not.

Comment

Oh well, I thought this people here are True Christians Someone just gave me the hint to stop being mean to Mrs Kitchen Keepin.
                            I was just trying to help, since I thought christians don't want people like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dita_Von_Teese on their website. But obviously you are just lying hypocrites, not taking the Holy Bible very serious. What a shame. It seems I am quite wrong here and I will leave this place immediately. Good luck then.

Comment

Why are women bothered what they wear on their heads? It's not like anyone is paying them any attention in church. Apart from singing when they're supposed to and sorting food and cleaning out they just need to shut up and cover their heads with something or other.
                              sigpic
                              Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
                              The truth about volcanos
                              Sex and debauchery in public schools
                              Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
                              God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
                              Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.

Comment

Working...
                              X