Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Landover Today! > Pastor Zeke's News Wire
Reload this Page Word of the Year
Pastor Zeke's News Wire Keep up to date with an ever-changing world from an even more Godlier perspective than FOX News.

View Poll Results: What's YOUR Word of the Year?
JESUS! He's the Reason for the Season! 4 50.00%
GOD! He's the Reason there ARE Seasons! 1 12.50%
WORD! His Word is the Word of EVERY YEAR! 2 25.00%
GW BUSH! Our Godly, Fearless Leader! 0 0%
PRAY! It's the best thing we can do with WORDS! 0 0%
Truthiness. A media sheep, I believe what the Mass Media tell me to believe. 1 12.50%
None of the above, Satan is my Lord and Master, and my favorite word. 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

(#1)
Old
On Extended Furlough
True Christian™

OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Word of the Year - 12-09-2006, 08:50 PM

The dictionary people picked THEIR word of the year.

Is the word of the year the Word? No.

God? No.

It's not even Jesus!

Quote:
'Truthiness' Is Named Word of the Year

By ADAM GORLICK
AP

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (Dec. 8) - After 12 months of naked partisanship on Capitol Hill, on cable TV and in the blogosphere, the word of the year for 2006 is ... "truthiness."

The word - if one can call it that - best summed up 2006, according to an online survey by dictionary publisher Merriam-Webster.

"Truthiness" was credited to Comedy Central satirist Stephen Colbert, who defined it as "truth that comes from the gut, not books."

"We're at a point where what constitutes truth is a question on a lot of people's minds, and truth has become up for grabs," said Merriam-Webster president John Morse. "`Truthiness' is a playful way for us to think about a very important issue."

Other Top 10 finishers included "war," "insurgent," "sectarian" and "corruption." But "truthiness" won by a 5-to-1 margin, Morse said.

Colbert, who once derided the folks at Springfield-based Merriam-Webster as the "word police" and a bunch of "wordinistas," was pleased.

"Though I'm no fan of reference books and their fact-based agendas, I am a fan of anyone who chooses to honor me," he said in an e-mail to The Associated Press.

"And what an honor," he said. "Truthiness now joins the lexicographical pantheon with words like `squash,' `merry,' `crumpet,' `the,' `xylophone,' `circuitous,' `others' and others."

Colbert first uttered "truthiness" during an October 2005 broadcast of "The Colbert Report," his parody of combative, conservative talk shows.
I guess we know where Merriam-Webster's people stand!
(#2)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.tommy has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Word of the Year - 12-09-2006, 09:05 PM

God and Jesus may be the reason for christian seasons, but it's their Word that matters most.

I like God and pray to. They are so full with meaning...

The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.
Exodus 15:3

(#3)
Old
Yes, THAT Brother Love!
True Christian™

Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.Brother Love has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Word of the Year - 12-10-2006, 01:57 AM

"Truthiness"??? Sounds like a HOMERSEXUAL tryin to say "Truthfulness!" Must be the LISP coming out....he,he,he.

Comedy Central satirist (more likely SATANIST!!) Stephen Colbert, who defined it as "truth that comes from the gut, not books." Gee and I thought it might be the HOLY SPIRIT speaking from our HEARTS, Stephen!!

Of course the "word of the year" isn't going to be THE WORD, Jesus, or God because the word of the year is obviously chosen by a PACK OF SINNERS living in a SNAKE PIT OF SIN AND ABOMINATION!!

Sorry, but such words as "truthiness" which isn't even a word just makes me want to go upchuck somewhere. I just can't stand SISSIFIED words comin out of the mouths of HEATHENS!