This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PROOF God is REAL!

IMA go right ahead a burst your bubble right open. The video you posted is what we call satire, which is basically taking the piss of your religion. Notice the guys goofey voice and in the middle of the video he says and I quote "isn't god Unbelievable!" at the end of the video it says"inspired by Richard Dawkins" if you misinterpreted this simple video, how can you people be trusted with swaying peoples thoughts to matches your own? Seriously. You CAN be wrong, as you have just discovered. MINDBLOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Goddess Of Logic View Post
      IMA go right ahead a burst your bubble right open...
      Yeah, and in 83 pages of this thread, over 4 1/2 YEARS in the making, not one other person has pointed any of that out. Oh wait...

Do you always burst into conversations without familiarizing yourself with what's been covered previously (protip: it really helps if you don't want to look foolish), or at least introducing yourself like polite people do?

Comment

God created a monstrous being to trick the minds that god created himself. God is all knowing so before creating someone he would have known they would be fooled by the devil, but god made them anyway. Effectively god knowingly created people to be sent to hell, therefore god is the real monster. SO the real question is, how do you know that the master of deception Satan himself, has not tricked you and is pretending to be god. Logic would be Gods test to see if you are worthy of heaven. Blind faith is ignorance and show you,re not using the Brian god gave you.

Comment

Who is Brian?

sigpic

Comment

Hi, for starters I would like to mention I never made it 1 minute into the video. I stopped somewhere around the Earth being 6,000 years old. To add some input on that I have a simple question, are you people stupid? The Earth is obviously older and 6,000 years. I wasn't even aware this was up for debate until this moment. When I was a kid I watched some Veggy Tails movie about a fish slapping town and how God destroyed the town or something of the sort (this was a dictation from the Bible correct?). Why was it that God destroyed the town again? I feel it had something to do with people being hateful to each other. Let me ask you another question while we're on the subject, when you depicted that you should beat your children and disown those who do not believe in the same thing as you, what were you smoking? I'm happy to be an Atheist just so I can say I am the complete opposite of you fools. If God existed why am I still here typing? Is it because I'll get what's coming to me when the time is right? If God was the hateful man who damned everyone that did not respect his writing (may I add this writing was probably the discovery of psychedelic mushrooms) why is he taking my, for lack of a better word, shit? To answer some common questions before they might be asked. How did the universe come to existence? I do not know, but I am positive there is a scientific answer to the question that human knowledge has yet to achieve. How did we end up on this planet? I do not know either, I do not think Science will ever answer this question but I refuse to believe an invisible man in the sky poofed us here.

Or am I utterly mistaken and currently speaking to a Satanic group of worshipers? O.o

Comment

Originally posted by JuckleJack View Post
              a fish slapping town and how God destroyed the town or something of the sort (this was a dictation from the Bible correct?)
              Somehow I missed the "Thou shalt not slap thy fish" in my trusty KJV.
              Psalm 81:10:
              I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt:
              open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.

Comment

...Or am I utterly mistaken...
                Yes.

...and currently speaking to a Satanic group of worshipers? O.o
                And still mistaken. Google "false dichotomy".

Comment

Hi, for starters I would like to mention I never made it 1 minute into the video. I stopped somewhere around the Earth being 6,000 years old. To add some input on that I have a simple question, are you people stupid?
                  Hello, and welcome to our friendly forums. You'll note that unlike atheists, you'll find no one here bitter or insulting. We extend a warm welcome to you and your kind as long as you maintain a respectful dialog. To answer your question, no. No we are not stupid. We have among our number, some great theological and intellectual giants. I would encourage you to spend some time reading our science forum. If you do so with an open mind, you just might learn a thing or two.

The Earth is obviously older and 6,000 years.
                  It's not obvious at all. You've simply been told that your mythology is true. You just so happen to be surrounded by a community that shares this belief. But don't take my word for it - learn for yourself. The truth is out there.

I wasn't even aware this was up for debate until this moment. When I was a kid I watched some Veggy Tails movie about a fish slapping town and how God destroyed the town or something of the sort (this was a dictation from the Bible correct?). Why was it that God destroyed the town again? I feel it had something to do with people being hateful to each other.
                  I don't know. I don't watch "veggie tales" and don't allow my children to do so either. They are terribly liberal and promote vegetarianism. This cartoon is the Mother Jones of Biblical cartoons. Bibleman, on the other hand, is a fantastic source of knowledge in an entertaining media.

Let me ask you another question while we're on the subject, when you depicted that you should beat your children and disown those who do not believe in the same thing as you, what were you smoking?
                  Nothing.

I'm happy to be an Atheist just so I can say I am the complete opposite of you fools. If God existed why am I still here typing? Is it because I'll get what's coming to me when the time is right?
                  Yes.

If God was the hateful man who damned everyone that did not respect his writing (may I add this writing was probably the discovery of psychedelic mushrooms) why is he taking my, for lack of a better word, shit?
                  You just answered this a moment ago. You'll get what's coming to you when the time is right.

To answer some common questions before they might be asked. How did the universe come to existence? I do not know, but I am positive there is a scientific answer to the question that human knowledge has yet to achieve. How did we end up on this planet? I do not know either, I do not think Science will ever answer this question but I refuse to believe an invisible man in the sky poofed us here.
                  We did not ask you these questions and we are not the least bit interested in your opinion. This is not a debate forum, dear, but a church forum where God's Favorite People come to worship and share the Good News.

Or am I utterly mistaken and currently speaking to a Satanic group of worshipers? O.o
                  No.
                  Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Hi, for starters I would like to mention I never made it 1 minute into the video. I stopped somewhere around the Earth being 6,000 years old. To add some input on that I have a simple question, are you people stupid? The Earth is obviously older and 6,000 years. I wasn't even aware this was up for debate until this moment. When I was a kid I watched some Veggy Tails movie about a fish slapping town and how God destroyed the town or something of the sort (this was a dictation from the Bible correct?). Why was it that God destroyed the town again? I feel it had something to do with people being hateful to each other. Let me ask you another question while we're on the subject, when you depicted that you should beat your children and disown those who do not believe in the same thing as you, what were you smoking? I'm happy to be an Atheist just so I can say I am the complete opposite of you fools. If God existed why am I still here typing? Is it because I'll get what's coming to me when the time is right? If God was the hateful man who damned everyone that did not respect his writing (may I add this writing was probably the discovery of psychedelic mushrooms) why is he taking my, for lack of a better word, shit? To answer some common questions before they might be asked. How did the universe come to existence? I do not know, but I am positive there is a scientific answer to the question that human knowledge has yet to achieve. How did we end up on this planet? I do not know either, I do not think Science will ever answer this question but I refuse to believe an invisible man in the sky poofed us here.

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself.

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to hellfire.
                    Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Hi my name is Bill how you doing.
                      Allow her to have her own opinion, seeing as there is like 50 pages i'm sure it would be hard for her to keep up. She is after all a female, and brother you know women are not as down to earth as us men.

Comment

It is rather obvious that you have been brain washed by the Devil. I don't know what made you think the earth could possibly be older than 6000 years!
                        Were you around 6000 years ago?........You were not? Then how can you assume that the earth could possibly be older than that. God was around 6000 years ago, therefore i can safely conclude that his judgement is correct.

Comment

Hello all, I am new to this site site and I have noticed a few things and was hoping to ask a few questions. And please note that I ask the following in the most humbling and heartfelt way possible; it is for my own edification and I do not mean to offend or upset anybody in this or other forums.

There appears to be a lot of name calling and otherwise hateful speech being tossed around, which doesn't appear to be very Christian like. Is there a reason for such insidiously polemical responses? Mind you I've seen this from both sides of the aisle.

Also, I don't understand why we cannot embrace science and religion simultaneously. If tomorrow science proves (with empirical evidence, apart from the belief we all have) that there is a God, would that not be grand news? Or is this a paradoxical question? For how could such evil propound such truth? And, of course, if we do accept it then what other (previously refuted) scientific notions should we reconsider?

And is science evil strictly because of its Biblical absence? In other forums this argument was used to define the evilness of gravity, centripetal force and static electricity. However, is not the mention of the internet and computers absent from the same Bible? Should we not consider these items evil as well? How are we so sure that the Devil did not place these items here to distract us from practicing our faith and worshiping the one true God? And while the recipe for creating tempera paint is not clearly listed in the Bible, are Duccio's 'Madonna and Child' or Monaco's 'Adoration of the Magi' not as awe inspiring?

Please respond with the same kindness as I have attempted to display. God bless!
                          sigpic
                          Revelation 3:14
                          And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Comment

When we see behaviour described in The Bible we know it is wrong because God declares that it is wrong. He also describes different error in different terms but whenever we need to describe a behaviour we don't need to think up new words because God has already supplied the words. In different situations different passages of Scripture might be quoted, and are quoted so that we understand how God feels.

Welcome to the forum, there is an intro. thread where you can introduce yourself

Comment

Originally posted by one_young_man View Post
                              Hello all, I am new to this site site and I have noticed a few things and was hoping to ask a few questions. And please note that I ask the following in the most humbling and heartfelt way possible; it is for my own edification and I do not mean to offend or upset anybody in this or other forums.

There appears to be a lot of name calling and otherwise hateful speech being tossed around, which doesn't appear to be very Christian like. Is there a reason for such insidiously polemical responses? Mind you I've seen this from both sides of the aisle.

Also, I don't understand why we cannot embrace science and religion simultaneously. If tomorrow science proves (with empirical evidence, apart from the belief we all have) that there is a God, would that not be grand news? Or is this a paradoxical question? For how could such evil propound such truth? And, of course, if we do accept it then what other (previously refuted) scientific notions should we reconsider?

And is science evil strictly because of its Biblical absence? In other forums this argument was used to define the evilness of gravity, centripetal force and static electricity. However, is not the mention of the internet and computers absent from the same Bible? Should we not consider these items evil as well? How are we so sure that the Devil did not place these items here to distract us from practicing our faith and worshiping the one true God? And while the recipe for creating tempera paint is not clearly listed in the Bible, are Duccio's 'Madonna and Child' or Monaco's 'Adoration of the Magi' not as awe inspiring?

Please respond with the same kindness as I have attempted to display. God bless!
                              What does the Bible say about science?

1 Timothy 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
                              1 Timothy 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

A lot of scientific theory flies in the face of what the Bible teaches us. We must trust that the Bible trumps all because, well, it says so;

2nd Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Habakkuk 2:2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.

So no, secular science and Biblical teachings cannot coincide together. I trust in the Lord Almighty, not that wheelchair bound freak Stephen Hawking.

Also, as Sister Mitza has mentioned, before you continue to post do us the courtesy of introducing yourself here.
                              -Every young man's battle - PORN AND MASTURBATION![/SIZE]
                              -DISOWN your ATHEIST children - just like this good mother did!!

-FINALLY!! Some rights for the rapists!!
                              -There is no such thing as animal abuse!!
                              -Pregnancy through RAPE is a GIFT from God
                              -Keep the Fags out of the Boy Scouts!!
                              -WIVES!! Stay in your abusive relationship!

STOP, DROP & ROLL DOESN'T WORK IN HELL!!!!

Comment

But that is precisely my point. The internet is an invented concept not defined in the Bible. But we do not fear the internet.

What difference is that from gravity? Of course we could argue that God invented the internet to spread his word, but then why can't we argue that God invented gravity to keep his children grounded?

It seems we continue to redefine what is and isn't Scripture to fit our needs (or in some cases comfort levels) every time a new discovery occurs. But we shouldn't find the need to continually defend our religion against science - God invented science.

There is no mention of Capitalism in the Bible - this too is a modern concept. But God has provided us with the power of reason. The ability to analyze the economic systems that have preceded us and create something better. And I don't think most Americans Christians would consider Capitalism evil - though it's certainly imperfect.

My point is that we continue to feel threatened by new discoveries because we fear that in some way they're either sent from the Devil or are attempting to disprove the existence of God. Meanwhile God invented everything that has been discovered and everything that has yet to be discovered by man. We should not fear, but embrace the excitement and potential wonder of all the discoveries yet to come, which He has ultimately provided.

Concepts like the internet, gravity, economy and science are not inherently evil, nor do they inherently disprove God's existence. Atheists will use them however they wish to support their beliefs, just as many fearing Christians will refute them to protect theirs. In either case these concepts still come from God.

Finally, we must be very careful with how we define what's the right belief. How can there exist right and wrong in the eyes of faith. We must respect our differing beliefs and their colorful, multifarious nature. We cannot say the Atheist is wrong - his/her faith dictates to them that there is no God. We cannot say the Muslim is wrong - his/her faith dictates to them that Allah send them the prophet Muhammad. Just as they can never say that the Christian is mistaken - for our faith dictates that God appeared to us in the flesh, as Jesus Christ, and who's death and resurrection provided our salvation.

Faith can never be truly right nor truly wrong. There is no guarantee in, or absolute notion of, any one belief system. If there were, there would be no reason for multiple religions - for why would there be if we had irrefutable proof that one was truly right? We can only believe it to be true.

God exists in our hearts. He is a matter of personal expression and individual love. And how can anyone refute that?
                                sigpic
                                Revelation 3:14
                                And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Comment

Working...
                                X