X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pagan fish gods in the Vatican

Of course I think that. I think whatever Landover tells me to think, because they are the messengers of God!
    Jeremiah.17.15
    Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Comment

Originally posted by Student of Landover View Post
      I never knew that the Catholic Church prayed to a "Fish God."
      They dont.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish View Post
        They dont.
        So you pray to a "god-fish" then?
        O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Temperance View Post
          So you pray to a "god-fish" then?
          No, I pray to God.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish View Post
            No, I pray to God.
            Who do you think you are fooling - your very username pays homage to the old trout your pope plonks upon his head!

Contrary to what you've been told, the catlick Lord Cod never sacrificed his stinking roe for your sins, young Fish. You would do well to remember that.
            True Christians are Perfect!

Signs that you belong to a FALSE Christian Church.

Persecution You Have Endured for CHRIST: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger in Christ.

For True Christians™ only: please send me Project Habakkuk updates at gertruderogers@landoverbaptist.net. Thank you.

Comment

CATHOLICS STOMP 60,000 KITTENS EVERY YEAR!

By Carmiola Ionescu, Sunday Telegraph

Last Updated: 1:42am BST 26/08/2007

Superstition blamed for killing thousands of black cats in Italy

A leading animal rights group has estimated that 60,000 black cats are killed every year by Italians who believe that they bring bad luck.

The Italian Association for the Protection of Animals and the Environment claims that some are also killed as part of black magic rituals.

While black cats are seen as being lucky in the UK, many people in Italy believe that if a black cat crosses their path it indicates the devil is present. The association calculated its figure from observations of the stray cat population and from monitoring of animal ownership registers. The group said it had evidence that thousands of black cats vanished or were found dead each year.

Across large parts of Europe, black cats have been associated with witchcraft since the Middle Ages and were said to be the favourite companions for witches.

Lorenzo Croce, the association's president, blamed the Church for spreading myths about the animals.

"The Catholic Church has perpetuated this idea for centuries and it is now deeply implanted in people's minds," he said.

"For centuries black cats were massacred at the order of priests."

See more enemies of the Catholic Church
              Last edited by Jeb Stuart Thurmond; 08-30-2007, 03:32 PM.
              Disagree? By failing to register and debate me, you prove that liberals are factless frauds who only persuade through intimidation. To prove otherwise, debate me!
              Got Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions, or use Forum Search, tag system, or our guides on Geography, History, Science, Comparative Religion, Civics, and Current Events.
              Did I use a new word you've never heard? Definitions here. | Vote! Everything you need to vote here!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeb Thurmond View Post
                ITALIAN catholics, at that. Did you pass this on to SoccerItalia? If you don't, I will.

By the way, who's Fred Tompson?
                Founder and CEO of Trickle-Down Charities™, LLC.

Current Project: Bedmates For Billionaires: Biblical eldercare straight from King David
                Goal:
                $500,000 Currently raised: $0.11 DONATE NOW! Yes, we accept Biblecoins!

True Christians™ believe they they exist to serve the Bible-revealed will of God.
                False Christians believe the Bible exists to serve their will. GOD IS NOT YOUR YES-MAN!

Comment

It's like a twist on the old saying. "Every time you pray to Mary, a papist kills a kitten!"
                  sigpic

Comment

For Petal...
                    Attached Files
                    Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
                    Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

Blogging for CHRIST!
                    Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
                    All a-Twitter for Salvation!
                    Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
                    On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
                    My Ladies of Landover profile!

Comment

They should just pretend that those cute little kitties are actually pedophile priests and quietly ship them off to another diocese.

He has been attacked for being "a Gucci-wearing, Lincoln-driving, Perrier-drinking, Grey Poupon-spreading millionaire Washington special interest lobbyist."
                      The America-last crowd never tires of trying to incite class warfare, does it?
                      This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trent Harvey, Jr. View Post
                        ITALIAN catholics, at that. Did you pass this on to SoccerItalia? If you don't, I will.
                        I did. He just ignored it, and kept on with his "sure Italians have never won a war, ever, but we like to pretend to be eminem and judge manliness by how much salmon-flavored hair we can get stuck in our braces...."

Mammamia!
                        Last edited by Jeb Stuart Thurmond; 09-05-2007, 09:38 AM.
                        Disagree? By failing to register and debate me, you prove that liberals are factless frauds who only persuade through intimidation. To prove otherwise, debate me!
                        Got Questions? See Frequently Asked Questions, or use Forum Search, tag system, or our guides on Geography, History, Science, Comparative Religion, Civics, and Current Events.
                        Did I use a new word you've never heard? Definitions here. | Vote! Everything you need to vote here!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Rune Enoe View Post
                          Brethren and Sistren

Before the Great Purge I made a post about the head-dress worn by popes and bishops. The so-called mitre:

[ATTACH]27351[/ATTACH]

It's easy to see - unless you're a Catholic of course - that the pope is wearing a fish-head at the top of his own. Obviously he thinks that two brains are better than one.
                          I was horrified to see more head [ARROWED](white) a bit lower down especially when I noticed that only one papal foot was visible. Which suggests a location for the other foot somewhere behind the head and therefore for his other knee! He's draped in what looks like scarlet curtains so perhaps a cardinal? I had no idea..
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well duh.

Jesus was a carpenter.

Carpenters use miter saws.

The Popes have always found a way to honour the works of Jesus. All of his work and not just the fancy stuff.

Bless you, my 2x4's in a metric world,
                            Father Mo

A Cardinal in the making.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Maurice Lester View Post
                              Well duh.

Jesus was a carpenter.

The Popes have always found a way to honour the works of Jesus. All of his work and not just the fancy stuff.

Father Mo

Are you suggesting that the "cardinal" is admiring his pope's chair-leg?

Comment

Originally posted by Father Maurice Lester View Post
                                Well duh.

Jesus was a carpenter.

Father Mo.
                                Nothing to do with carpentry - and I'm not convinced the pope believes in Jesus.

Back before the war, when I was young, my pastor told me the origin of the mitre:

One day the pope, who had scammed the poor and ignorant out of a lot of money (even by his standards) went off to buy a hat. Because the pope is Satan’s servant, the hat had to be “extravagant” (M't:23:5)

Because he wanted a hat that was made of gold and jewels, he went to the best hat-maker in Rome, Izzy Goldstein. (The Vatican has no hat-makers because they were all killed by nuns in the 10th century.)

Anyway, none of the hats on display seemed right, so the hat-maker, Izzy Goldstein, suggest he design a hat. That night, Izzy’s wife made him fish and, as neither Izzy or his wife liked the pope who kept ordering pogroms, that gave Izzy the idea and he made the pope the most stupid and expensive hat the world had ever known.

In a week, the pope came back and was delighted; it was like no hat anyone had ever seen before. The hat was truly extravagant, and so was the price but the pope didn’t care about that, it only meant that a few more widows would starve and thus not be a burden on his business.

When he got back to the Vatican, he was wearing the hat. None of the Cardinals could believe that the pope had spent money on a hat like that.

“Hey! What d’y’ think of the headgear? Smart or what?” asked the pope, who was puffed out with pride.
                                The cardinals looked at each other and then one said:
                                “Did you really pay money for that hat?”

There was a silent moment like when your wife drops dead in front of you, and the pope, who got the drift, said:

>
                                >
                                >
                                >
                                “Might’a…”

The cardinal replied, “Hat, mitre! Mitre, hat! We don’t care if you call it a mitre or a hat, The worst thing we can do to you is make you wear it!”

And they did.

And that is why it is called a mitre because the pope might’a spent a lot of money on it.
                                sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
                                Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Working...
                                X