X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it okay for me to have more than one wife?

Originally posted by BishopAgyanMam View Post
    but surely when a husband dies a brother must take responsibility?
    will you back that statement up with scripture?
    sigpic 1 Chronicles 16:15
    Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations ... an everlasting covenant.
    Proverbs 30:5,6: Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
    Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Comment

if brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger: her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husbands brother unto her.
      The power of the LORD came upon Elijah and, tucking his cloak into his belt, he ran ahead of Ahab all the way to Jezreel.

Comment

if brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger: her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husbands brother unto her.
        #1) That's not Scripture.

#2) The Bible demands that we obey secular laws as well. I guess over in the country of Africa you can marry as many wives as you like, but Here in God's favorite country (AMERICA!) we can't.
        Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
          #1) That's not Scripture.

#2) The Bible demands that we obey secular laws as well. I guess over in the country of Africa you can marry as many wives as you like, but Here in God's favorite country (AMERICA!) we can't.

#1 - sorry for that. this blogging is still very much new to me. sometimes i get confused.

#2 - unfortunately we still do not have the freedom of marrying only as many wifes as we like. we still live under the yoke of having to marry when a brother dies. it is very painfull as we are currently running out of brothers and the ones dying also leave the ones they have taken aboard. the cleaning ceremony for the widows by all us brothers in itself is very strenuous i tell you.

one day perhaps my church will be so powerfull that i can come to atlanta and settle down and only marry whomever i choose. (yes i dream too of gods favourite country)
          The power of the LORD came upon Elijah and, tucking his cloak into his belt, he ran ahead of Ahab all the way to Jezreel.

Comment

but surely when a husband dies a brother must take responsibility?
            People, he's right. He's just trying to word it in a way that mocks God.

Deuteronomy 25:5 If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger: her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her.

If a woman dies childless, it is up to the husbands brother to marry her and produce an heir for the belated husband. Now of course this only works if the B-I-L is unmarried at the time of the husbands death. Of course the best way of avoiding this is for the first husband to produce an heir ASAP. I'm not exactly sure what to do if the B-I-L is already married.
            Drama queen

Comment

Originally posted by BelieverInGod View Post
              People, he's right. He's just trying to word it in a way that mocks God.

Deuteronomy 25:5 If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger: her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her.

If a woman dies childless, it is up to the husbands brother to marry her and produce an heir for the belated husband. Now of course this only works if the B-I-L is unmarried at the time of the husbands death. Of course the best way of avoiding this is for the first husband to produce an heir ASAP. I'm not exactly sure what to do if the B-I-L is already married.
              yes yes! thank you sister! i am not sure exactly how to understand the part after belated husband but it is what we practise. when my brother dies i and my brothers must perform marriage with his wife in order to cleanse her. after that she will live with a brother.

also in our interpretation we do not say childless.

Comment

So what do you do if all of the brothers are married?
                Drama queen

Comment

then we have to perform wedding on their widows when they die.

Comment

So what do you do if all of the brothers are married?
                    According to scripture the action must be done.
                    I think it could be considered obvious that their mother and father would have to birth a new brother for the widowed wife to marry.

Comment

You claim to be a Christian?

What does secular law say?

But are there not also secular laws against domestic abuse? I've read a lot of posts from true christian men on here talking about beating their wives and girlfriends. Is this not against secular law and thus the bible?

Comment

Originally posted by Corbeen View Post
                        I've read a lot of posts from true christian men on here talking about beating their wives and girlfriends.
                        You call us True Christians™, so you admit we are doing God's will. The fact is, where man's law and God's law disagree, a True Christian™ always goes with God.
                        The Only Real Climate Change Will be Hell!

Comment

I'm not exactly sure what to do if the B-I-L is already married.
                          I think maybe the only Biblically acceptable answer is for everyone involved to move to Africa. That way the brother-in-law can marry the widow without violating civil law.
                          The Christian Right: The Only Right Way to Be a Christian!

Comment

I have all manner of perverts hounding me to marry them now,
                            Makes me extremely suspicious. I have a unique perspective on the types who gays are attracted to and why. Let me put it this way : I think you are very likely quite the "closet case".
                            A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back. Proverbs 26:3

Comment

Originally posted by Soy_boy View Post
                              Makes me extremely suspicious. I have a unique perspective on the types who gays are attracted to and why. Let me put it this way : I think you are very likely quite the "closet case".
                              Would this be a case of projection?
                              Drama queen

Comment

Working...
                              X