X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pokemon Teaches Your Children Worship Satan

Originally posted by PokemonMaster View Post
    Incomprehensibely, spending time on the internet instead of praying is also worshipping false gods, surely this is more serious than Pokemon?
    Friend, spreading Christ's message to unsaved trash like you is not idolatry. It is Christian obedience.

God commands brother Hutchins and me to run interference against Coach Satan when he sends sodomites like you on a beeline towards the end zone of aeternal separation from God.

It is 2nd and 10 and not even half time. You can punt your way to Hell anytime you want. But I think you are aiming wide right on purpose. I think you are crying out to Jesus for redemption.
    The Only Real Climate Change Will be Hell!

Comment

But this is ultimately missing the point; the person who condemns Pokémon for containing magic does not care whether it is called "magic" or "psychic powers", and the actions of individual Houndoom characters in the anime are not the reason some Christians flinch at Houndoom's design, which is so blatantly based on the idea of hellhounds that to deny this borders on delusional. The actual reason why most people would agree these religious Pokémon haters are wrong is not that the above statements are wrong, which they really aren't. It's that to all of them I can say, "Well, yeah, but so what?" The problem lies in the second half of the argument, namely where they connect it to religion:

"Dungeons and Dragons and Magic are evil because they blatantly contain evil monsters, demons, spirits, sorcery and magic, which the Bible condemns."

"Dragons always symbolize the devil in the Bible, and having the player ally themselves with them is evil."

"Role-playing games take the player out of the real world and teach them they can be gods of their own world, leading them away from the Lord."

"Associating oneself with demons or representations of them is to choose evil over good."

And this is where things have wandered into a dangerous territory. Religious beliefs are the beliefs that people are most stubborn about and least likely to be willing to compromise once they've made up their minds, which the religious Pokémon-critics obviously have. If somebody believes that dragons symbolizing evil in the Bible makes anything with protagonistic dragons dangerous, it is simply futile to try to tell them that the Pokémon dragons just aren't representations of evil, or that even if one enjoys fiction featuring magic and demons it does not mean one would associate oneself with any of it if it existed. Much less can one tell them, as I would most like to, that they're taking the Bible far too seriously. The fact is that there are as many opinions on what pleases and displeases God as there are people who believe in him, and everyone thinks their own interpretation is the correct one; ultimately, if people earnestly believe God hates Pokémon, that's their business and nobody can actually prove them wrong.

I'm sure an intelligent Christian could try to argue about Pokémon on theological grounds, but being an atheist I don't consider myself qualified for this, and in any case, again, that argument could only be made based on the other person's interpretation of the Bible, which the Pokémon critic will inevitably insist is simply wrong. It saddens me greatly to see such people push their beliefs upon their children or relatives instead of letting them choose for themselves, but there is just little that can be done about it. There will always be parents who think they have the right to dictate their children's lives according to their own beliefs, at least for as long as society accepts and condones it (though I must admit I hope it will stop accepting and condoning it in the near future). Some of them may have general misconceptions about Pokémon which can be corrected, but they are rarely the root of the problem.

In conclusion, if your parents won't allow you to play Pokémon because they have found evidence of its evilness in their interpretation of their religion, you have my deepest sympathies, but I truly don't believe I could ever write an article likely to move them by an inch in their convictions.

Comment

Originally posted by dex10awesome View Post
        being an atheist
        As an atheist, how would you answer the guys in this video:

The argument at the end is especially powerful. Even if we take the best-case scenario and assume that you know as much as 1% of everything about the universe, that means you are ignorant of 99% of the universe. Yet you confidently claim, based on your infinitesimal knowledge, that God doesn't exist. How does that work?
        sigpicMt 21:42, 44 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes . . . ? And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Find out what the Bible says about: Fortnite: Battle Royale, asexuality, shaving, psychiatry, chronic fatigue syndrome, babies

Comment

Originally posted by Pim Pendergast View Post
          Even if we take the best-case scenario and assume that you know as much as 1% of everything about the universe, that means you are ignorant of 99% of the universe. Yet you confidently claim, based on your infinitesimal knowledge, that God doesn't exist. How does that work?
          Even if the reverse were true
          and 99% of the universe is what you knew
          1% of the whole remains an incredible size
          You could still meet God upon your demise
          You could still take the trip to eternal fire
          For God's word is True and each man is a liar
          Don't lean upon your own understanding
          Follow God's word it's not so demanding
          The sinner's prayer is a good place to start
          Beware the reprobate mind and embrace the Lord with your heart!

Comment

Originally posted by dex10awesome View Post
            [a whole lot of years old text that's so outdated it's hardly relevant anymore stolen from the internet]
            You are aware that spreading copyrighted material has a statutory penalty of $650,000 and in addition to that minimum punishment also up to 10 years in prison?

Look, I understand that someone who would have anything to do with pokedemons is not an upright person, but that you would commit a crime that has similar penalties to manslaughter is a surprise even to me. Why don't you start thinking for yourself instead of copying others' ideas? Reading the Bible and doing as God commands would be a good start.
            Leviticus 26:15-16
            And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant: I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

Comment

lol, i used to watch pokemon when i was like 4-7, and i really liked it back then. it isnt bad to like it. its a tv program made for kids.

Comment

Originally posted by the an0nymous teen View Post
                lol, i used to watch pokemon when i was like 4-7, and i really liked it back then. it isnt bad to like it. its a tv program made for kids.
                Until you post an introduction, your posts have very little meaning.
                sigpic

I Kings 7:23

And he made a moulten Sea, ten cubites from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, & his height was fiue cubits: and a line of thirtie cubites did compasse it round about.

New here? Desiring to be pleasing in the eyes of The Lord and His Followers?

Then do as directed by our esteemed Pastors and head on over to the Introductions subforum and make your first post there, friend. Tell us what church you go to and what your favorite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus. Anything else you want to share with us about how Jesus has blessed you is welcomed too.

Are you a hater of God that believes He is a morally bankrupt monster? Read Why, you ask, is God so angry? to see that it is in fact you that is the monster that mercilessly and infinitely torments God.

Stop this relentless torturing of God and accept Jesus today!

Comment

This is in accordance to the earlier posts about good and evil. God made both for a reason, We wouldn't be able to distinguish the action we or others commit if not for both good and evil. There is no good without evil unfortunately, or fortunately (Since everything would be considered Good without evil i.e. rape, sodomy, etc.)?

Comment

I don't think this is an important issue with what we have to deal with. You as a parent have the responsibility to choose what games and what cartoons you allow to your children. Don't give metacontextual meaning to things which was created for sheer entertainment.
                    I imagine how important topics you are picking to share it with your chuch. I feel pity for you brother. Let God bless you, and give you creativity to your theme-pickings.

Comment

• Re: Pokemon Teaches Your Children Worship Satan

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
                      Even the Austrians know that the slant cartoon "Pokerman" brainwashes children into a life of depraved sin.

First, it's not called Poker man. It's Pokaman. Plus I'm queer and have played it, and have found nothing wrong with the game. It goes against everything you believe, sure. But I don't think in my opinion it's bad. Plus, I'm a queer like all furries.
                      This space is reserved for posting KJV Scripture ONLY. --ADMIN

Comment

Originally posted by FurryFag View Post
                        First, it's not called Poker man. It's Pokaman. Plus I'm queer and have played it, and have found nothing wrong with the game. It goes against everything you believe, sure. But I don't think in my opinion it's bad. Plus, I'm a queer like all furries.
                        Well, if anyone needs an endorsement for throwing their lives away and making a colossal fool of themselves as they sashay their way to the Fiery Pits of Hell, this is it!

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

I'm queer .........Plus, I'm a queer like all furries.
                          Where do you get off, pal?

This is a Christian website for Christians. My eager young, cleaning limbed young Nephew reads these pages.

Thanks to your flagrant abuse of forum guidelines by posting gaywise promogulationalisations means that I now have to explain to an 11 year old why some men use each other faces and mouth and anuses! for a repository for man seed.

How am I supposed to explain to his mum how he knows about that kind of thing.

You've got some nerve, mate.

YIC
                          1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Laurence Niles View Post
                            Where do you get off, pal?

This is a Christian website for Christians. My eager young, cleaning limbed young Nephew reads these pages.

Thanks to your flagrant abuse of forum guidelines by posting gaywise promogulationalisations means that I now have to explain to an 11 year old why some men use each other faces and mouth and anuses! for a repository for man seed.

How am I supposed to explain to his mum how he knows about that kind of thing.

You've got some nerve, mate.

YIC
                            Oops. I'm doing this on a HTC One, so spell check is terrible. What I ment to say was I am a quiet person when it comes to video games.
                            This space is reserved for posting KJV Scripture ONLY. --ADMIN

Comment

Oops. I'm doing this on a HTC One, so spell check is terrible. What I ment to say was I am a quiet person when it comes to video games.
                              Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself.

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to hellfire.
                              Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

i grew up playing pokemon and loved it the anime is about a boy and his relationship with friends did you ever watch a full episode ash loves his pokemon also this fourm is full of racisim sexism tc. -from a athiest & gay pokemon master
                                1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
                                23:Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Comment

Working...
                                X