X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did God create other planets?

The Bible only talks about the happenings on this planet, Earth. So, why did he make all the other planets? This is a question that I have had on my mind for some time.

Re: Why did God create other planets?

Why do you think he made THIS planet?
    May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
      Why do you think he made THIS planet?
      For people to live on and worship him?

Comment

Originally posted by WorshipTheLord View Post
        The Bible only talks about the happenings on this planet, Earth. So, why did he make all the other planets? This is a question that I have had on my mind for some time.
        Ge:1:14: And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
        Ge:1:15: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
        Ge:1:17: And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

Didn't read too far into the Bible did you...
        sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
        Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
          Ge:1:14: And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
          Ge:1:15: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
          Ge:1:17: And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

Didn't read too far into the Bible did you...
          It tells of God MAKING the other planets, but that's about it. It never says anything about doing much with the other planets.

Comment

They're waiting in space for us to come mine them.
            May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

Does it matter why? Do humans have a right to know? We know God made them. We can speculate why. If he chose not to tell us, that is 'his business'.
              Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
              Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
              Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
              Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
              Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
              Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

It tells of God MAKING the other planets, but that's about it. It never says anything about doing much with the other planets.
                Look on them as tiny lightbulbs - that's their job. You don't expect to do much with lightbulbs or for lightbulbs to have much other purpose. They're just nice to look at of an evening.
                sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
                Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
                  Look on them as tiny lightbulbs - that's their job. You don't expect to do much with lightbulbs or for lightbulbs to have much other purpose. They're just nice to look at of an evening.
                  That is how I always looked at the other stars and planets. Sky decorations, nothing more.
                  Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
                  Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
                  Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
                  Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
                  Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Comment

Alien homes?

Comment

Alien homes?
                      Don't be ridiculous.
                      This is a serious discussion.

Comment

Alien homes?
                        Where are "alien homes" mentioned in the Holy Bible?

It never ceases to amaze me how these unsaved fools come in here with their ridiculous speculative questions, trying to trick a True Christian(tm) into mocking God.
                        Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

I know what you mean, Pastor.
                          Even I think that was a pretty stupid thing for him to of said.

Comment

I think the non-existance of alien life forms can be deduced logically. At the end, ALL of creation, not just Earth, will be burned and remade by the fire of God (2 peter 3:10). Scripture is a special revelation from God, there is no other like it, and it only speaks of events on Earth. God would not make another thinking race without informing them of His will, way, and the fate of all creation. But this would require another Scripture to be given to them. This cannot be, there can be no other Gospel. Therefore, there cannot be any extraterrestrial intelligence.

Comment

I have a concern about 'aliens'.

They will not, by definition, have living human souls, and will not be sons of Adam. How are we to consider them ?? Food or fiends ?? Apostates or abominations ?? Slaves or servants ??

Regarding missionary work on their behalf, since they would lack souls, would it not be blasphemous to share the Word with them ?? One would not preach to the elk, or labor to convert the centipedes, and to even try on the 'aliens' would seem to insult or mock God and His Holy Way. And to what end ?? What happens to a 'saved' (hypothetically speaking !!) 'alien' when it dies?? It will not partake of the Resurrection, it will just be dead.

So what of the 'aliens' ??
                              Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are unGodly among them of all their unGodly deeds which they have unGodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which unGodly sinners have spoken against him.

Comment

Working...
                              X