• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien

Originally posted by María Gálvez-Villalobos View Post
    Hey!!!!!!

Slowwwwwww!
    OK, I'll dumb it up for you.

Water on Earth: let's take for example the Island of Tabarca near alicante (is lovly by the way and the ferry ahve glass bottom so you can see all God's fishes under the waters so that you're not get boring on the voyage).

Anyway, water is a finite recourse??

Well, Tabarca is a esmall island. Right? good.

If you take one cow to Tabarca and leave him there she will be on there foreverandever, yes? (Obviously cows die in end but water no, but we'll ignore this bit for now...)

So, the people on island of Tabarca think, hey our cow is forever, no? So they start eat bits off it, on Monday a leg, Tuesday a ear etc etc.

Now if the cow was put there 500 years ago, you would espect there be nothing of cow, cos a leg on Monday, ear on Tuesday, half a udder on Wedensday etc....would be no cow left from like hundreds of year ago, yes?!? cLARO QUE SÍ!!!

Sooooo, ...now using brain.....if there is still a cow on Tabarca TODAY.....it mean that cow was only putted there LAST WEEKEND!!!! Otherways, would be no cow left!!!

Same whit water. Earth can no be more than 6,000 years of old!!
    Hope I dumb it up enought for you!

YIC, Mari
    Here is foto of the Isla de Tabarca for esplain what I'm mean, so you can understand about limit supply of things, OK?

(Remember the cow - ¡múuuuuuuuuu!)

YIC, Mari
    Ex JW and quiet, shy, timid girl who wants to be a True Cristian Lady.
    My favorite verse from the Bible is:
    - A true WITNESSE deliuereth soules: but a deceitfull WITNESSE speaketh lyes.

Comment

Originally posted by wait_what View Post
      You are wrong. In Science if something is universal, irrefutable, and 100% proven, it is called a law. Darwin's theory is not Darwin's law of evolution.

He wasn't some random guy; He is God.

The logic is there in your own secular science laws.

According to the First LAW of Thermodynamics, matter and energy cannot be created nor destroyed. Well then, how is it that I keep getting a fresh gallon of water every day while I live in the high desert? Simple, God gives it to me.
      Yes it's true, matter cannot be created or destroyed. The same applies to water, when we drink it it doesnt just dissapear into a black hole never to be seen again - it is obviously recycled. As a side note, the original proposition assumes that the world population has been at 6 Billion for the last 3 Billion years, which is obviously untrue. There are plenty of Christians and believers of other faiths who take this as common knowledge also, so to present this as a purely Atheistic point of view is quite misleading.

Comment

Well, after further thought and calculations, I have realised that it is true; there's just no way there could still be any water left on the planet after all these years. I forgot about all the deers and cows all over the planet who also drink so much water, even way more than people. Not to mention elephants who can probably drink as much as 100 people would drink in one day. Something just doesnt add up..

Comment

Originally posted by standman View Post
          Well, after further thought and calculations, I have realised that it is true; there's just no way there could still be any water left on the planet after all these years. I forgot about all the deers and cows all over the planet who also drink so much water, even way more than people. Not to mention elephants who can probably drink as much as 100 people would drink in one day. Something just doesnt add up..
          Glory! An atheist sees part of the light!

Are you ready to meet my friend Jesus?
          Bible boring? Nonsense!
          Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
          You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

Originally posted by standman View Post
            I am glad you finally saw the light.
            The best way to turn a dishwasher into a snowblower. . . . .
            Give her a shovel.
            Proverbs 5:19 A husband's commandment! And wives must comply.
            19Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.

Comment

You haven't proved atheists wrong.. Even I know this. Proving atheists wrong 'with science'? Simple science says that water is recycled. It's not an infinite resource, but there is a water CYCLE. (Even if god created this cycle, it still exists). Water does not 'magically disappear' when we drink it.

You can't 'use science' to say this when science itself explains it with the water cycle.

Also, this information is assuming that 6 billion humans have been alive for 3 billion years. Obviously untrue. Science says that LIFE has been alive for 3 billion years. Starting with microscopic organisms. Large amounts of humans have only been around for MUCH less time.

In conclusion, this has proved absolutely nothing. Well, it's proved the stupidity of the person who wrote it. If you argue a point, argue it well.

Comment

hahahahahahaha
                wow I can't believe I got piffleing Ruxpin'd
                this is hilarious
                Last edited by Born Again Bob; 05-09-2011, 08:52 AM. Reason: Spelling -- bab

Comment

Originally posted by hcaz_2 View Post
                  You haven't proved atheists wrong.. Even I know this. Proving atheists wrong 'with science'? Simple science says that water is recycled. It's not an infinite resource, but there is a water CYCLE. (Even if god created this cycle, it still exists). Water does not 'magically disappear' when we drink it.

You can't 'use science' to say this when science itself explains it with the water cycle.

Also, this information is assuming that 6 billion humans have been alive for 3 billion years. Obviously untrue. Science says that LIFE has been alive for 3 billion years. Starting with microscopic organisms. Large amounts of humans have only been around for MUCH less time.

In conclusion, this has proved absolutely nothing. Well, it's proved the stupidity of the person who wrote it. If you argue a point, argue it well.
                  Job 38:4-30 (King James Version)

4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
                  5Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
                  6Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
                  7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
                  8Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?
                  9When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddling band for it,
                  10And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,
                  11And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?
                  12Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place;
                  13That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?
                  14It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment.
                  15And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arm shall be broken.
                  16Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?
                  17Have the gates of death been opened unto thee? or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death?
                  18Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all.
                  19Where is the way where light dwelleth? and as for darkness, where is the place thereof,
                  20That thou shouldest take it to the bound thereof, and that thou shouldest know the paths to the house thereof?
                  21Knowest thou it, because thou wast then born? or because the number of thy days is great?
                  22Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail,
                  23Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?
                  24By what way is the light parted, which scattereth the east wind upon the earth?
                  25Who hath divided a watercourse for the overflowing of waters, or a way for the lightning of thunder;
                  26To cause it to rain on the earth, where no man is; on the wilderness, wherein there is no man;
                  27To satisfy the desolate and waste ground; and to cause the bud of the tender herb to spring forth?
                  28Hath the rain a father? or who hath begotten the drops of dew?
                  29Out of whose womb came the ice? and the hoary frost of heaven, who hath gendered it?
                  30The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.

Proverbs 23:14- "Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell."

All Unsaved Trash: Read this before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by hcaz_2 View Post

If mammals drink salt water, they dehydrate and die, right?

Somehow seals, manatees, whales and dolphins stay hydrated. Thank you God.

And everything you said is both unoriginal and unfounded. Good day.
                    The best way to turn a dishwasher into a snowblower. . . . .
                    Give her a shovel.
                    Proverbs 5:19 A husband's commandment! And wives must comply.
                    19Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.

Comment

That's an interesting math... I wonder if you people piss or that way of water circulation in nature is unfamiliar to you?

Comment

I just got the message that my language here is inappropriate. I apologize for that. I thought saying "piss" instead of urinating is OK as that was the word form the Bible quote I was supposed to enter upon registration.

Sorry, again.

Comment

Originally posted by dandellion View Post
                          Sorry, again.
                          It's OK.

You're probably dumb. I was in Basic with a fella like you. We called him Ox. Then there was an accident. Live fire. Note in my file. It's OK. We all make mistakes, Ox.
                          Newfangled Stuff I Don't Like

Oldest U.S. Veteran (ret!) -- in basic training Ft. Riley, Kansas when truce declared WWI -- influenze free

Comment

#1; the water cycle is proven.
                            we drink water, we urinate into the toilet, the toilet drains into the sewer, the sewer system empties treated waste into lakes and rivers, the lakes and rivers dilute the waste and the water is re-consumed by another town down the river or across the lake. this repeats. Also water evaporates in heat and turns to water vapor (a gas) this gas rises until it is cooled in the sky. it then re condenses into rain and falls to the ground.
                            an example of condensation is: on a cool day three or four people are sitting in a car with the windows rolled up and the car off. after a short time they may notice a fog forming on the window. this is the water vapour they have expelled through breathing condensing on the cool windows. If this goes on long enough the fog will show visible water droplets.

#2 Sea mammals that can't filter the salt out and absorb water through there skin receive there fresh water from the fish they eat. the fish are able to filter out the salt inside their bodies.
                            Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done
                            abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Comment

Originally posted by aj.gilchuk View Post
                              we drink water, we urinate into the toilet, the toilet drains into the sewer, the sewer system empties treated waste into lakes and rivers, the lakes and rivers dilute the waste and the water is re-consumed by another town down the river or across the lake. this repeats. Also water evaporates in heat and turns to water vapor (a gas) this gas rises until it is cooled in the sky. it then re condenses into rain and falls to the ground.
                              an example of condensation is: on a cool day three or four people are sitting in a car with the windows rolled up and the car off. after a short time they may notice a fog forming on the window. this is the water vapour they have expelled through breathing condensing on the cool windows. If this goes on long enough the fog will show visible water droplets.

#2 Sea mammals that can't filter the salt out and absorb water through there skin receive there fresh water from the fish they eat. the fish are able to filter out the salt inside their bodies.
                              Translation: It can't be God so it must be magic! Yeah, sorry I have to go with God on this one.
                              Drama queen

Comment

Originally posted by aj.gilchuk View Post

Eh!!!? Even if you argue the world is billions of years old; then relatively speaking, the invention of the sewer system is pretty modern - indeed atheists assert that humans have been around for 200,000 years yet it was only in the last 200 years or so that they were able to make urine fit for drinking again - thus you'd have us believe that for roughly 200,000 years humans have survived drinking either by drinking urine or otherwise consuming whatever water wasn't urine after 3 billion years worth of animals had taken their share of it.!!?

Clearly this is stupid, and so we must rely on some other agent providing the water - i.e. God, but then since the only true God is described in the KJV Bible it thus follows, as per the quite delightful argument given in the OP, that the earth is roughly 6000 years old as the learned people on this forum say it is ;]

Comment

Working...
                                X