X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!

Hello everyone apart of this forum. As you can tell from my name I support the side of TF2. I am here to have a civil discussion about this matter but I just thought I would put one thing into play. Upon reading the rules I have discovered something. I shall put it into quote:"This is not a debate forum. The purpose of this site is to praise and glorify the Lord, Jesus Christ. It is a place for Christians to fellowship and worship. The goal of the Landover Baptist Church forum is to draw people to Jesus Christ because Scripture confirms that salvation comes only through Him."
    If you are to look back at the previous posts then read over this rule. You can clearly see we are having a debate, if not an argument about this game. Now then, to present my defense against Team Fortress 2. Lets start of with one thing. Team Fortress 2 is meant to not only be strategical, but humorous as well. Now I am assuming some people read that one part and went "How is killing people humorous you satan loving child!" Well that's where I ask you to chill and listen. TF2 is cartoon like. As you can see from the textures and character designs its supposed to at times be comedic. So some if not all character lines are supposed to be funny. Now I can see how some of you think Soldier is putting himself above god. But its just supposed to be a joke. "Get behind me doctor!" and "I love this doctor!" are homosexual? *chuckles* I'm sorry but you clearly haven't played the game enough to understand that the heavy is a human tank. The doctor is a support. The heavy blocks any and all damage meant for the doctor which is positioned behind the heavy to heal with his medical weapon. Might I add that both quotes are said nearly aggressively. Not sensually. That would mean that whoever says the quote(its heavy and only heavy) is giving a deep gratitude to the person that just saved their lives. Soldier and Demoman being portrayed as gay? Now some of you are just looking for a reason to argue. Which I say again is against the rules of this site. But they are not portrayed as gay in game. That is just some messed up minds twisting the game to give it an awful background to parents. If you truly want to be worried about a game, be worried about the Grand Theft Auto series portraying drugs, sex, and other forms of violence and illegal crimes. Team Fortress 2 is comedic, you clearly haven't played it long enough. You have committed a very heinous act: Judging a book by its cover. Play the game for more then 5 minutes. Play for at least half an hour. If anything the main worry is the community not the game itself. Anyway. Have a good day gents. Ill be monitoring to see how badly my words are twisted into a completely different meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by DefenderOfVideoGanes View Post
      tl;dr

It's hard to NOT twist your meaning when it's impossible to ascertain in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph

It's hard to NOT twist your meaning when it's impossible to ascertain in the first place.
        You are evading my point by instead pointing out something completelyirrelevant. Props

Comment

some stuff...
          If you are to look back at the previous posts then read over this rule. You can clearly see we are having a debate, if not an argument about this game. Now then, to present my defense against Team Fortress 2. Lets start of with one thing. Team Fortress 2 is meant to not only be strategical, but humorous as well. ...more stuff that I didn't read... Play the game for more then 5 minutes. Play for at least half an hour. If anything the main worry is the community not the game itself. Anyway. Have a good day gents. Ill be monitoring to see how badly my words are twisted into a completely different meaning...

I am sorry, dear sinner, but I fail to see your point. Your justifications for this game are that it is "strategical and humorous". How would that save this game from being a harmful distraction from the only thing that matters?

Luke 10:41-42
          And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Matthew 16:26
          For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

How would I profit from playing this game for even one minute, would it help me to win it while losing my soul in the process. Humor and fun are for the next life in Heaven where we shall have an eternity to do all the things that were unnecessary on earth. Heck, I might even try this TF2 once I reach Eternal life and use a few quadrillions of years to master it much better than you can even imagine.

Everything that distracts us from Worship is harmful, even more so in the case of a game that tries to seduce us into doing homosexual fornication with a medical professional who also is, by definition, a harmful profession (2 Chronicles 16:12-13).

Yours in Christ,

Elmer
          2 Kings 18:25 - Am I now come up without the LORD against this place to destroy it? The LORD said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it.

PREPARE YOURSELF TO RAPTURE WITH THIS MANUAL!
          Check out our Research in Creation Science:

Comment

Originally posted by Elmer G. White View Post

I am sorry, dear sinner, but I fail to see your point. Your justifications for this game are that it is "strategical and humorous". How would that save this game from being a harmful distraction from the only thing that matters?

Luke 10:41-42
            And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.

Matthew 16:26
            For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

How would I profit from playing this game for even one minute, would it help me to win it while losing my soul in the process. Humor and fun are for the next life in Heaven where we shall have an eternity to do all the things that were unnecessary on earth. Heck, I might even try this TF2 once I reach Eternal life and use a few quadrillions of years to master it much better than you can even imagine.

Everything that distracts us from Worship is harmful, even more so in the case of a game that tries to seduce us into doing homosexual fornication with a medical professional who also is, by definition, a harmful profession (2 Chronicles 16:12-13).

Yours in Christ,

Elmer
            I come here to be civil and look at the results. Somebody told me I need to prove myself? You apparently don't know how to read. Are you sure God isn't looking shamefully at ou and not the game?

Comment

I come here to be civil and look at the results. Somebody told me I need to prove myself? You apparently don't know how to read. Are you sure God isn't looking shamefully at ou and not the game?
              Hi sweetie, why don't you try to support your view about God with an adequate quote from the Bible?
              God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
              True Christians are Perfect!
              True Christian™ Love.
              Salvation™ made Easy!
              You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
              Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
              Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
              Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
              Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
              The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
              Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
              God HATES Rational Thinking!
              True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
                Hi sweetie, why don't you try to support your view about God with an adequate quote from the Bible?
                How is the even relevant? Ignorance is blissful in this post isn't it?

Comment

This is a Christian forum.

That means, that we follow the Word of God.

The Word of God is written in the Holy Bible.

As has been shown on the many pages of this thread, video games are not compatible with the Word of God.

The good news is that you can still repent, accept Jesus and stop sinning!

I will pray for you.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                  True Christian™ Love.
                  Salvation™ made Easy!

Comment

Of course it is! Only Jesus matters!

Matthew 5:3
                    Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

1 Timothy 6:20
                    O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

Now, I understand you entered our Forum to have a civil discussion about the interconnectedness of Damnation (john 3:18) and this revolting video game. We're quite ready to assess your calm and well-formulated comments on that with appropriate source material (that is the Bible).

Yours in Christ,

Elmer
                    2 Kings 18:25 - Am I now come up without the LORD against this place to destroy it? The LORD said to me, Go up against this land, and destroy it.

PREPARE YOURSELF TO RAPTURE WITH THIS MANUAL!
                    Check out our Research in Creation Science:

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post

This is a Christian forum.

That means, that we follow the Word of God.

The Word of God is written in the Holy Bible.

As has been shown on the many pages of this thread, video games are not compatible with the Word of God.

The good news is that you can still repent, accept Jesus and stop sinning!

I will pray for you.
                      Well if I'm going I'm going out with a bang! I believe in god. I pray to my lord and savior every night. I once beloved that evil spirits had come for me so I read from a bible wth a cross in my hands to purify my room. Anyway your point about video games being irrelevant T the word of god made this entire post null a void. You have twisted the word of God to spout your own rules. Dear God and Jesus forgive me. But fuck you guys for defying this game. With your reasoning that would make every game against God. So bye bye. And excuse me as I pray to my lord and savior

Comment

How is anything you have to say relevant? This is a Bible discussion forum, not a gaming forum.

We don't troll gamers' forums trying to pick fights about the Bible. What are you doing here, anyway? What is your purpose?

If you don't know your own purpose, you can't possibly perceive ours.

Hint: We're here to discuss the Bible--what it really says, what it really requires of us. We also confront the challenges and rewards of following it and consider the dangers of rejecting it.

Have you spared a thought for your eternal soul today? Or have you gotten it into your head that when you die, you will respawn and play another round of what passes for your life?

Purposefully Yours,
                        Handmaiden

P.S. Forgive me, I just read what you had to say in this post:

"Well if I'm going I'm going out with a bang! I believe in god. I pray to my lord and savior every night. I once beloved that evil spirits had come for me so I read from a bible wth a cross in my hands to purify my room. Anyway your point about video games being irrelevant T the word of god made this entire post null a void. You have twisted the word of God to spout your own rules. Dear God and Jesus forgive me. But piffle you guys for defying this game. With your reasoning that would make every game against God. So bye bye. And excuse me as I pray to my lord and savior"

So, you have given some thought to your soul and God and Jesus. And now I know that you are not specifically indifferent towards the Bible, just completely deluded and uncomprehending regarding its true contents. Thank you for clearing that up. And thank you for the laugh. There's nothing that I find funnier than a believer talking about God and Jesus while spouting out uncouth curses because people happen to disagree with him.
                        His left hand should be under my head, and his right hand should embrace me.

Guns For God and the Economy

Comment

Originally posted by DefenderOfVideoedShame View Post
                          Well if I'm going I'm going out with a bang! I believe in god. I pray to my lord and savior every night. I once beloved that evil spirits had come for me so I read from a bible wth a cross in my hands to purify my room. Anyway your point about video games being irrelevant T the word of god made this entire post null a void. You have twisted the word of God to spout your own rules. Dear God and Jesus forgive me. But piffle you guys for defying this game. With your reasoning that would make every game against God. So bye bye. And excuse me as I pray to my lord and savior
                          Please provide one example in which a True Christian(tm) misquoted the Word of God. Please be specific.
                          Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Well if I'm going I'm going out with a bang! I believe in god. I pray to my lord and savior every night.
                            If you really want to know God, you should try reading the Bible sometimes, sunshine.

I once beloved that evil spirits had come for me so I read from a bible wth a cross in my hands to purify my room.
                            Interesting. Can you pinpoint where in the Bible is this type of action encouraged or even permitted?

Anyway your point about video games being irrelevant T the word of god made this entire post null a void.
                            I didn't say "irrelevant," I said "not compatible."

You have twisted the word of God to spout your own rules.
                            Please do explain, how is following the Word of God as it is written, twisting it?

Dear God and Jesus forgive me. But piffle you guys for defying this game.
                            You seem very fired up. Is this game your religion or something?

With your reasoning that would make every game against God. So bye bye. And excuse me as I pray to my lord and savior
                            You're excused, honey. Maybe He'll decide to save you after all. But you need to repent first.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                            True Christian™ Love.
                            Salvation™ made Easy!

Comment

Is it fine if I play World of Tanks or is that sinful too? Like honestly I wanna know

Comment

Is it fine if I play World of Tanks or is that sinful too? Like honestly I wanna know

Get to that introduction we've been talking about and then we can discuss anything you need to explore for your salvation.
                                God judgeth the righteous, And God is angry with the wicked every day- Psalm 7:11

Comment

Working...
                                X