X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter Bake Off!

Greeting LOLs (Ladies of Landover)

Today I present to you the 12th annual Easter Bake Off! Whoever bakes the most beautiful and tasty Easter cake wins a $50 gift card to the Olive Garden in the Leviticus Landing Shoppette.

Pastor Zeke and Brother James Hutchins are the lucky judges this year. No cheating ladies.

Here for the judges review is my submission.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Tweet me Here
    My GODLY Bio Here

Re: Easter Bake Off!

Sister, that is a swell cake.

I believe the "Best Cake" crown will fall into your hands to complement your pie awards.
    God judgeth the righteous, And God is angry with the wicked every day- Psalm 7:11

Comment

Hopefully I am allowed an entry so here is mine

Love your cake Daisy Mae!!!!
      sigpic

Charter Member Pearland, Texas

Comment

A couple of my employees finishing the first layer of my entry for the bake off. The next addition to the cake is a 20 ft. tall cross in red velvet, showing the exsanguination of our Savior on that Glorious Day.
        Last edited by Alphonse Alban; 03-29-2014, 07:50 PM. Reason: Picture fixes for Jesus!
        1 Samuel 8:13 "And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cookes, and to be bakers."
        Naomi Ruth Lamb, Proprietress:
        Naomi's Moist Pie - Unsaved Unwelcome!
        Locations in 50 States and Canada
        !Voted Best Pie in Freehold!
        Once you've tasted Naomi's pie, you'll crave it again and again and again and again.
        Baptist pastors always receive a 50% discount.

Comment

My 5 year old daughter wishes to enter this cake:

She tells me it's a lamb, if you believe it. But I give her A for trying.

Comment

Oh, Heather, dear,

I didn't know your poor child had such little talent. You are so brave for allowing "it" to try. Unfortunately, in Freehold there are winners and losers and the losers must learn to deal with it. I hope you won't make your darling little illiterate sit through the judging only to be mocked - and the cake looks terrible, too.

I'll pray for the unfortunate little dear.

Your Sister in Jesus,
            NRL
            1 Samuel 8:13 "And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cookes, and to be bakers."
            Once you've tasted Naomi's pie, you'll crave it again and again and again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy Mae Johnson View Post
              Greeting LOLs (Ladies of Landover)

Today I present to you the 12th annual Easter Bake Off! Whoever bakes the most beautiful and tasty Easter cake wins a $50 gift card to the Olive Garden in the Leviticus Landing Shoppette.

Pastor Zeke and Brother James Hutchins are the lucky judges this year. No cheating ladies.

Here for the judges review is my submission.
              Oh, Daisy, LOL. Now really, dear, where is your actual entry?
              You're such a funny little thing! No one would believe you are actually entering that pathetic looking pile of goo - I'm glad I saw through the joke.

Love and Hugs,
              NRL

Comment

Meanwhile the boys snuck into the kitchen when I wasn't around. They came up with this:

They've already been punished soundly for wanting to do women's work.
                Then the silly boys went outside to hone their knife skills, and left the kitchen window open. You can see the result

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi Ruth Lamb View Post
                  Oh, Heather, dear,

I didn't know your poor child had such little talent. You are so brave for allowing "it" to try. Unfortunately, in Freehold there are winners and losers and the losers must learn to deal with it. I hope you won't make your darling little illiterate sit through the judging only to be mocked - and the cake looks terrible, too.

I'll pray for the unfortunate little dear.

Your Sister in Jesus,
                  NRL
                  It's far better than your heathen rabbit. Where in the Bible, may I ask, does it mention a rabbit in connection with Easter? Maybe I should send my daughter around to you to give you a lesson in being a True Christian (tm).

Comment

Originally posted by Mother Of Seven View Post
                    Meanwhile the boys snuck into the kitchen when I wasn't around. They came up with this:

They've already been punished soundly for wanting to do women's work.
                    This "Jesus" vaguely reminds me of your husband after he's had a few too many puffs of magic tobacco, dear. LOL
                    Oh, just kidding. I know he doesn't get high - just ragingly drunk. God bless, sister.

NRL

Comment

Originally posted by TaraAnne View Post
                      Hopefully I am allowed an entry so here is mine

Love your cake Daisy Mae!!!!
                      Tara, darling - this is simply adorable! Such talent you have, unlike some of these other showboats. This speaks of the warmth and promise of spring, and is so elegant. Absolutely charming.

Your friend,
                      NRL

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi Ruth Lamb View Post
                        This "Jesus" vaguely reminds me of your husband after he's had a few too many puffs of magic tobacco, dear. LOL
                        Oh, just kidding. I know he doesn't get high - just ragingly drunk. God bless, sister.

NRL
                        Don't worry dear. You'll be broke and leaving town soon. The only locals who have frequented your 'establishment' are the local riff-raff of 16 year old boys. And desperate old widowers. They all say your pie tastes rancid. They're worried what they might catch from it.

Comment

This one is submitted by my 10 year old daughter. Marzipan can be very difficult to work with.

Comment

NRL, Kate read your comment about her cake, and was inspired to make one for you. She'll be delivering it to you later this afternoon.

Comment

Sister Daisy Mae, what a beautiful cake! Really, why bother having a contest, when we all know (and it's proven once again) that your skills are absolutely superior!

Sister Mo7, what talented children you have! Maybe one of these cakes will earn your Godly family the second place in this competition!

Sister Tara, what a lovely cake, but where is Jesus on it? I'm afrait it may get disqualified by the judges.

I see that some of you have put a lot of effort into baking these cakes, while some bitter and hateful old maids are bragging about themselves and criticizing others, but are not able to produce an actual entry for the contest.

Well, anyway, I know that my skills are nowhere near those of Daisy Mae, but here it is - my entry:

God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                              True Christians are Perfect!
                              True Christian™ Love.
                              Salvation™ made Easy!
                              You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                              Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                              Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                              Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                              Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                              The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                              Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                              God HATES Rational Thinking!
                              True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Working...
                              X