X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How can you say you KNOW god exists?

Originally posted by I'mAbeliever View Post
    Religion is faith, and faith cannot be proven. It is your opinion that if there was no such thing as god, nothing could have existed.

gg trolls
    I'm offended that you would liken us to some satanic pagan monster (I am unsure what "gg" means but I assume its stands for something even more offensive). Why did you even bother coming here if all you're going to do is spew hate speech.
    "And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him."
    -Luke 12:4-5

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremiah Abernathy View Post
      I'm offended that you would liken us to some satanic pagan monster (I am unsure what "gg" means but I assume its stands for something even more offensive). Why did you even bother coming here if all you're going to do is spew hate speech.
      gg stands for good game.

Comment

Religion is faith, and faith cannot be proven. It is your opinion that if there was no such thing as god, nothing could have existed.
        Ah, so you concede that you cannot rationally refute any of my points, so you just walk away saying "I won, I won!" Your final "slam dunk" argument is a repetition of what has already been proven false.

You see, that is what blind faith really is: being unable or unwilling to argue your position rationally and instead insist that you're right even though all of the evidence says you're wrong.

We Christians have proven that we will and can argue God's position rationally, calmly and logically. YOU, my friend, are the one who walks away. It's just a reminder, once again, that atheists are illogical due to being disconnected from God and are only interested in hating and spreading their intolerant views.

gg trolls
        Good God to you too!
        I take my orders from Jesus H. Christ, supernatural born US citizen

Be wary of false Kumbaya Christians who use a highlighter and scissors to read the Bible. God wants us to read the lines, not between the lines. False Christians will go to Hell:
        Matthew 7:22
        Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
        Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Asking a Christian to prove God exists is like asking him to prove his phone rings because yours doesn't. Make that call yourself! Dial 0800-get-on-your-knees-and-pray.

Comment

Haha, nice censoring there

Comment

Originally posted by I'mAbeliever
            Intolerant, as in making everyone who doesn't believe what you believe burn in hell for all eternity?
            So we are BOTH telling people they won't go to Heaven. Not much difference, right?

Tolerance by itself is neither a vice nor a virtue. Are you tolerant of pedophiles? What about rapists? Or murderers? You cannot be tolerant of everything because that would lead to a logical paradox.

Oh, and we are aware that people keep vandalizing our wikipedia page. But hey, feel free to point to wikipedia as the source of ultimate truth while dismissing the Bible, which the majority of Americans consider to be Truth.

And speaking of facts... it is of course proven fact that the majority of Americans hold that the earth is approximately 6000 years old. Not exactly the "small cult" that you claim it to be.

Etcetera, etcetera.

Be wary of false Kumbaya Christians who use a highlighter and scissors to read the Bible. God wants us to read the lines, not between the lines. False Christians will go to Hell:
            Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
            Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Asking a Christian to prove God exists is like asking him to prove his phone rings because yours doesn't. Make that call yourself! Dial 0800-get-on-your-knees-and-pray.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD=life View Post
              So we are BOTH telling people they won't go to Heaven. Not much difference, right?
              You tell them they will go to hell and burn forever and ever, I tell them they will cease to exist. Not much difference? Lol.

Tolerance by itself is neither a vice nor a virtue. Are you tolerant of pedophiles? What about rapists? Or murderers? You cannot be tolerant of everything because that would lead to a logical paradox.
              Are you telling me atheism is like pedophiles, rapists or murderers?
              Though, I have nothing against pedophiles - as long as they choose not to abuse a child. Once they do that, they deserve jail, but then it's their action and not their beliefs/opinions.

Oh, and we are aware that people keep vandalizing our wikipedia page. But hey, feel free to point to wikipedia as the source of ultimate truth while dismissing the Bible, which the majority of Americans consider to be Truth.
              1) Again - does the fact that the majority think it's right make it right? Do you think the earth is flat, like the majority did in the past?

And speaking of facts... it is of course proven fact that the majority of Americans hold that the earth is approximately 6000 years old. Not exactly the "small cult" that you claim it to be.
              Are you referring to your own link? If so:
              1) The question asked wasn't how old the earth was, it was how old HUMANITY was.
              2) How do you get 45 % to be "the majority"?

I quite liked that article. Let me quote it:

How does the U.S. compare with other countries in terms of belief in evolution? Not so hot. A study of attitudes in 34 countries published in Science in 2006 shows that the United States ranks last in popular acceptance of evolution except for Turkey. Almost 40 percent of Americans in this study flatly rejected evolution, whereas the comparable numbers in European countries and Japan ranged from 7 to 15 percent. That may partly reflect U.S. high school kids' dismal math and science scores relative to other developed countries, which to my mind underscores a home truth: the more you know, the less you take on faith.
              hehe

Etcetera, etcetera.
              Oh, please elaborate.

Comment

You tell them they will go to hell and burn forever and ever, I tell them they will cease to exist.
                So according to your logic, an oncologist is less tolerant than a faith healer.

We shouldn't measure actions by how tolerant or pleasant they are, but a) by how much they are based on reality and b) how critical knowing the truth is to the person we're being "intolerant" to.

Are you telling me atheism is like pedophiles, rapists or murderers?
                No, the reason I point to them is because I understand that atheists are also generally intolerant of them.

I am trying to show, through example, that saying "person X is intolerant" doesn't make sense, because you're not saying which thing(s) that person is intolerant of.

Secondly, NO ONE is tolerant or intolerant of everything. It's logically impossible. So you can say, at most, "that person is intolerant of Christians" or "that person is intolerant of atheists" -- both would be equally intolerant, but have diametrically opposed points of view.

I am, for example, very tolerant of the idea of YOU going to Heaven and living a very happy life. Would an "intolerant person" want to be with you forever? Think about it.

What I am intolerant about is that you will go to Hell. So my act of actual tolerance and compassion can be construed to be "intolerant", even though there's nothing but pure love behind it.

... but then it's their action and not their beliefs/opinions.
                And yet here you are, blasting our beliefs and opinions. We did not come to your forum, you came to ours.

Perhaps you are confused by the fact that many people go under the label "Christians", even catholics -- who most certainly are very tolerant of pedophiles!

Here, we are True Christians™. Only the people on this forum speak on our behalf, no one else.

1) Again - does the fact that the majority think it's right make it right?
                I only called into question your reference to wikipedia. If you lend credence to a vandalized article on wikipedia, then - in that context - it would be silly to not lend credence to the Bible.

The Truth is most definitely not determined by popular vote.

Do you think the earth is flat, like the majority did in the past?
                Yes, the earth is indeed flat. We have an article on this forum, if you're interested. There is also a growing group of scientists that support this thesis.

I quite liked that article. Let me quote it:
                Of course: both the person who asked the question and the one who answered were biased against Christians. That's the exact reason why I liked to THAT article. If even extremely biased people can grudgingly concede these numbers, then you should too.

But, my argument was that significantly more Americans believe this than what you dismiss as a "small cult". Even assuming than ONLY 1/10 of that 45% really, really believes in this, that's still 13.5 MILLION people. And that's a very conservative estimate.

With other words: you have to retract your "small cult" point. Creationism, the Young Earth variant in particular, is supported by a large number of Americans. We can argue if it's a majority, a super-majority or even a large minority, but it's not a "small cult".

Oh, please elaborate.
                If I'm sure you will read and respond to my argumentation, then I have no problem elaborating on any topic.

Comment

ha ha ha

You may close this topic. I just realized you're not going to give up trolling (or was it parody they called it?), but it was indeed fun.

Comment

it was indeed fun.
                    Nothing fun about it. Only Satan smiles

Comment

You may close this topic.
                      We do not need your permission to open or close topics, but thank you anyway.

I just realized you're not going to give up trolling (or was it divine revelation they called it?), but it was indeed fun.
                      Well, like I already predicted, you will just proclaim victory and then leave. It's the standard "hit and run" atheist style of "reasoning".

Every single one of your arguments has been refuted using logic. Every fallacy of yours has been called out. Your reasoning is weak, even for an atheist. I didn't have to include even a single line of Scripture.

Even your exit strategy is that of a intellectual coward. Here you are on a forum with over half a million posts and thousands of active members... and you proclaim it all imaginary because of >> 1 << vandalized wikipedia page that any stranger on the internet can edit.

So please, can you not offer even a single logical argument? I challenge you to refute even a SINGLE point I've made.

Comment

Well, like I already predicted, you will just proclaim victory and then leave.
                        I have not proclaimed victory, I admitted defeat - I was trolled, I fed the trolls, I lost.

Comment

I have not proclaimed victory, I admitted defeat - I was trolled, I fed the trolls, I lost.
                          How were you trolled? A troll comes onto someones site to make trouble, if anything you are trolling us!

Back under your bridge troll.
                          Drama queen

Comment

Ah, so you are "admitting defeat", but on the basis of being trolled and not because you failed to present a cogent rational argument? You are really going out of your way to make my rational domination over you as hollow as possible, sheesh.

I am just minding my own business here and working for God. You are the one who came to our forum. Did I sign up to your forum? No. You signed up to mine.

Your intellectual cowardice continues to amaze me.

I will pray for you.

Comment

Originally posted by BelieverInGod View Post
                              How were you trolled? A troll comes onto someones site to make trouble, if anything you are trolling us!

Back under your bridge troll.
                              Ah, so you are "admitting defeat", but on the basis of being trolled and not because you failed to present a cogent rational argument? You are really going out of your way to make my rational domination over you as hollow as possible, sheesh.

I am just minding my own business here and working for God. You are the one who came to our forum. Did I sign up to your forum? No. You signed up to mine.

Your intellectual cowardice continues to amaze me.

I will pray for you.
                              Hehe

Comment

You have stuck me on an irrelevant dilemma - you think it's God, I don't know what it is, but I choose to believe everything happens naturally and most things are up to chance.
                                Wrong answer sinner and I know for a fact Dawkins or any of the New Atheists would support you. The justification of Atheists of their disbelief in God is because there is no evidence for His existence.

I just gave you proof. You can not have it both ways; you can not be against belief unsupported by facts and for it at the same time.

Time to reclaim our FREEDOM from the “Mullah in Chief” and his growing activist voter hoards of socialists, communists, anti-Semites, anti-Christians, atheists, radical gays and lesbians, feminists, illegal immigrants, Muslims, anti-Anglo whites and others.

Hot Must ReadThreads!

Time to come clean on Benghazi Mr Obama!

Comment

Working...
                                X