This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome to Easter is About Jesus - Dammit!

Originally posted by Heathen_Basher View Post
    "Easter" as the secular world celebrates it is a pagan holiday. We don't tolerate paganism here.

The Pagan Origin Of Easter

Is Easter Pagan?

Pagan Holidays: Christmas and Easter Exposed!

No real Christian would ever celebrate these abominations.
    I don't mean to cause any offense, but you would laugh and celebrate at the death of an innocent bunny? If you dont celebrate something, you don't have to trash it. Easter bunny just makes more people interested, and causes more connection. Of course it's against Christianity, but it brings more attention. Without the easter bunny, I'm sure much less people would celebrate Christianity, because not everyone is a True Christian. It helps people connect.

Anyways, killing a bunny just because people celebrate easter is a sadistic thing to do. You wouldn't normally kill a bunny. Why kill one on a holiday? God doesn't want us to kill anyone. We are his creations. Why would he want us to kill his creations.

I imply no offense in this post, I assure you

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorSeeker View Post
      I don't mean to cause any offense, but you would laugh and celebrate at the death of an innocent bunny? If you dont celebrate something, you don't have to trash it. Easter bunny just makes more people interested, and causes more connection. Of course it's against Christianity, but it brings more attention. Without the easter bunny, I'm sure much less people would celebrate Christianity, because not everyone is a True Christian. It helps people connect.
      Well I guess we should start handing out drugs in churches as well, after all more people would show up if they got free drugs at church. Or how about orgies? Would orgies bring more people into church? Hey and lets throw out that pesky Bible with all the rules, after all it's such a downer.

Oh wait, all of the liebral churches have already done this, haven't they. Yep, better to walk people to Hell as long as they tithe rather than tell them the truth and have them go elsewhere. After all, the Bible says that we must bend the rules to fit man, not God, right?

Luke 6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

Oh wait, that's not what it says at all!

Anyways, killing a bunny just because people celebrate easter is a sadistic thing to do. You wouldn't normally kill a bunny. Why kill one on a holiday? God doesn't want us to kill anyone. We are his creations. Why would he want us to kill his creations.
      Who says we don't normally kill bunnies? Or as they're normally called, rabbits.

Rabbit Stew
      I imply no offense in this post, I assure you
      Oh, of course you don't
      Drama queen

Comment

It helps people connect.
        Why would we want to be connected to Non-Christians, and why would we celebrate a pagan holiday to do such a thing?

2 Corinthians 6: 14 Don’t team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness? 15 What harmony can there be between Christ and the devil? How can a believer be a partner with an unbeliever? 16 And what union can there be between God’s temple and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God said: “I will live in them
        and walk among them.
        I will be their God,
        and they will be my people.
        17 Therefore, come out from among unbelievers,
        and separate yourselves from them, says the Lord.

Don’t touch their filthy things,
        and I will welcome you.

You should read the Bible more. God has NO problem whatsoever with us killing animals. In fact, in the Old Testament times, He COMMANDED it. The only reason we don't have to kill animals anymore is because God knew it took a lot of work, and so He killed His only Son on the cross to make up for all the animals we would have had to sacrifice otherwise.

Haven't you read Exodus? You know, the book where the Ten Commandments are from?

Exodus 29:10 “Bring the bull to the front of the tent of meeting, and Aaron and his sons shall lay their hands on its head. 11 Slaughter it in the LORD’s presence at the entrance to the tent of meeting. (This was a special tent that God lived inside. The people would worship in front of it, and Moses would go inside to talk to God).

13 Then take all the fat on the internal organs, the long lobe of the liver, and both kidneys with the fat on them, and burn them on the altar. 14 But burn the bull’s flesh and its hide and its intestines outside the camp. It is a sin offering

17 Cut the ram into pieces and wash the internal organs and the legs, putting them with the head and the other pieces. 18 Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

19 “Take the other ram, and Aaron and his sons shall lay their hands on its head. 20 Slaughter it, take some of its blood and put it on the lobes of the right ears of Aaron and his sons, on the thumbs of their right hands, and on the big toes of their right feet. Then splash blood against the sides of the altar.

21 And take some blood from the altar and some of the anointing oil and sprinkle it on Aaron and his garments and on his sons and their garments. Then he and his sons and their garments will be consecrated. 22 “Take from this ram the fat, the fat tail, the fat on the internal organs, the long lobe of the liver, both kidneys with the fat on them, and the right thigh. (This is the ram for the ordination.)

24 Put all these in the hands of Aaron and his sons and have them wave them before the LORD as a wave offering. 25 Then take them from their hands and burn them on the altar along with the burnt offering for a pleasing aroma to the LORD, a food offering presented to the LORD.

26 After you take the breast of the ram for Aaron’s ordination, wave it before the LORD as a wave offering, and it will be your share. 27 “Consecrate those parts of the ordination ram that belong to Aaron and his sons: the breast that was waved and the thigh that was presented. 28 This is always to be the perpetual share from the Israelites for Aaron and his sons. It is the contribution the Israelites are to make to the LORD from their fellowship offerings.

35 “Do for Aaron and his sons everything I have commanded you, taking seven days to ordain them. 36 Sacrifice a bull each day as a sin offering to make atonement. Purify the altar by making atonement for it, and anoint it to consecrate it.

37 For seven days make atonement for the altar and consecrate it. Then the altar will be most holy, and whatever touches it will be holy. 38 “This is what you are to offer on the altar regularly each day: two lambs a year old. 39 Offer one in the morning and the other at twilight

40 With the first lamb offer a tenth of an ephah of the finest flour mixed with a quarter of a hin of oil from pressed olives, and a quarter of a hin of wine as a drink offering. 41 Sacrifice the other lamb at twilight with the same grain offering and its drink offering as in the morning—a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

Comment

Re: Easter is about Jesus. Period

Well, I see now. I just thought it to be a little sadistic for killing a bunny... I'm sorry, rabbit, just for tributial or slaughtering purposes. I just saw the picture sending the message as 'KILL RABBITS ON EASTER. THEY ARE DESPICABLE CREATURES THAT ONLY CAUSE US TROUBLE' the same way you can view 'KILL JEWS AT THE HOLOCAUST. THEY ARE DESPICABLE CREATURES THAT ONLY CAUSE US PROBLEMS.'

I just saw the same... train of thought, except with rabbits analogy to Jews. Of course I've read the ten commandments.
          -
          Just wondering, do you memorize all sections of the Bible? Like, could you recite it without looking?

The Easter Bunny is more of a symbol than an object of worship.

"Well I guess we should start handing out drugs in churches as well, after all more people would show up if they got free drugs at church. Or how about orgies? Would orgies bring more people into church? Hey and lets throw out that pesky Bible with all the rules, after all it's such a downer."

This is totally different. Thinking about cute rabbits is totally different than smoking marijuana, or doing drugs, or participating in an orgy. It appeals to the little kids. Little kids think about easter as a holiday to look forward to. Their minds are not as developed as adults, they would not grasp the concept.

Comment

Well, I see now. I just thought it to be a little sadistic for killing a bunny... I'm sorry, rabbit, just for tributial or slaughtering purposes. I just saw the picture sending the message as 'KILL RABBITS ON EASTER. THEY ARE DESPICABLE CREATURES THAT ONLY CAUSE US TROUBLE' the same way you can view 'KILL JEWS AT THE HOLOCAUST. THEY ARE DESPICABLE CREATURES THAT ONLY CAUSE US PROBLEMS.'
            Ask the Austrians what they think of the cute bunny. They are a scourge. They eat all your garden, they leave their afterbirth everywhere that your dogs love the smell of and try to wear it like cologne.

They are basically cute vegetarian rats. You do what you can to stop their spread, but it's never enough.

Just wondering, do you memorize all sections of the Bible? Like, could you recite it without looking?
            Not word for word, but I can paraphrase well and tell you the book that it's in.
            Praise and worship with Pastor Will. Services at 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Contact me. pastorwillsampson at gmail.com

Comment

I just saw the same... train of thought, except with rabbits analogy to Jews. Of course I've read the ten commandments.
              I didn't ask if you read the Ten Commandments. I asked if you read the Book of Exodus...

So, do you, or do you not agree that God in the Bible has absolutely no issues with the slaughter of animals?

Comment

What you 2 say is true. I do know about how they eat up all their grass. They are what scientists call an Invading Species. I have read the ten commandments. Also, God only allows us to kill animals if done so respectfully, quickly, and painfully. That rabbit looks like it got a brutal death.

FYI, many of the early scientists were devout Christians. They just believed God made the world, and then let it sit, and allow things to evolve. He added all the mechanisms, and sat back and watched the amazing process of evolution occur.

I agree he allows the killing of animals, but not in a sadistic way.
                The devil is sadistic.
                If you enjoy harming others, you are sadistic.
                If you are sadistic, you worship the devil.
                If you enjoy watching bunnies die, you are sadistic.
                Nuff said.
                Peace

Comment

Well they are despicable creatures that only cause problems. Maybe if you liebral Petaphiles would quit buying them at pet stores only to get bored and release them, they wouldn't be such pests. My boys shoot them on sight.

-
                  Of course. What kind of Christian can't....... oh wait, nevermind....

The Easter Bunny is more of a symbol than an object of worship.
                  Nope, kids worship it. Liebrals encourage it because it dismisses the sacrifice of Jesus. Who cares about a Savior who died for your sins when there's some giant bunny handing out candy?

This is totally different. Thinking about cute rabbits is totally different than smoking marijuana, or doing drugs, or participating in an orgy. It appeals to the little kids. Little kids think about easter as a holiday to look forward to. Their minds are not as developed as adults, they would not grasp the concept.
                  No it isn't. All of it is an abomination unto the LORD! Kids are perfectly capable of comprehending death if they're not being coddled into the liebral homer lifestyle.

What you 2 say is true. I do know about how they eat up all their grass. They are what scientists call an Invading Species. I have read the ten commandments. Also, God only allows us to kill animals if done so respectfully, quickly, and painfully. That rabbit looks like it got a brutal death.
                  Exactly where did you get this idea? I want to see scripture that backs up this insane idea.

FYI, many of the early scientists were devout Christians. They just believed God made the world, and then let it sit, and allow things to evolve. He added all the mechanisms, and sat back and watched the amazing process of evolution occur.
                  Of course you have more scripture for this, right?

I agree he allows the killing of animals, but not in a sadistic way.
                  The devil is sadistic.
                  If you enjoy harming others, you are sadistic.
                  If you are sadistic, you worship the devil.
                  If you enjoy watching bunnies die, you are sadistic.
                  Nuff said.
                  Peace
                  Lies, all lies. Who flooded the entire planet? Do you think drowning every living beast and human on the planet was "nice"? What about Sodom and Gomorrah? Do you think raining fire and brimstone on entire cities was "nice"? What about turning a woman to salt because she looked back? How "nice" was that? What about Hell? How "nice" is Hell?

You hippies are all the same. Instead of bothering to read the Bible, you take some pot and dream about what you would do if you were god. Somehow you then think that your idea is the real god and that it's the God of the Bible.
                  Drama queen

Comment

I can't understand, why no one cares about the real meaning of Easter nowadays. It's just about the chocolate eggs (read testicles of Lucifer), which are brought by AN EASTER BUNNY??

Where is this world going...?

Comment

Rebuttle to your foolish claim.

Im sure someone can find scripture for 'You must not kill animals in a painful way for pleasure, and then ridicule them after death. You must not harm things just for the joy of it'. Im SURE there is a scripture in there. If not, the bible is sadistic. It is common Knowledge that sadistic people are evil.

And if you can recite every bit part of the bible by heart, im sure you know the scripture. Youre just taking advantage of my ignorance of the bible. Taking advantage of people is a bad thing.

Do you have any proof children WORSHIP the bunny? If they would, they would be polythiestic, and go up to the pet shop, and hail the bunnys.

If god hated rabbits, why did he make them, and why are they so abundant?

for the scientist bit, its history, not scripture. Denying proven written down history is like denying what happened to you yesterday.

I believe many of you have good intentions, but your ignorance will cause you to go to hell. You are causing the world to become stupid, and become more primative.

I am definately not a hippie. What youre doing is dividing whoever isnt a true baptists Christian into a hippie

Comment

Re: Rebuttle to your foolish claim.

And if you can recite every bit part of the bible by heart, im sure you know the scripture. Youre just taking advantage of my ignorance of the bible. Taking advantage of people is a bad thing.
                        Nobody's taking advantage of you. I have never seen a single verse in all of Scripture that refers to not causing pain to animals. None at all.

I do see pages and pages of verses describing God ordering the Israelites to slaughter and dice up animals and then spread its blood around the altar of the Temple. For example, just in Leviticus there are NINE whole chapters that deal with the subject.

Leviticus 1:5 You are to slaughter the young bull before the LORD, and then Aaron’s sons the priests shall bring the blood and splash it against the sides of the altar at the entrance to the tent of meeting.

6 You are to skin the burnt offering and cut it into pieces.

8 Then Aaron’s sons the priests shall arrange the pieces, including the head and the fat, on the wood that is burning on the altar. 9 You are to wash the internal organs and the legs with water, and the priest is to burn all of it on the altar. It is a burnt offering, a food offering, an aroma pleasing to the LORD.

11 You are to slaughter it at the north side of the altar before the LORD, and Aaron’s sons the priests shall splash its blood against the sides of the altar.

12 You are to cut it into pieces, and the priest shall arrange them, including the head and the fat, on the wood that is burning on the altar. 13 You are to wash the internal organs and the legs with water, and the priest is to bring all of them and burn them on the altar. It is a burnt offering, a food offering, an aroma pleasing to the LORD.

14 “‘If the offering to the LORD is a burnt offering of birds, you are to offer a dove or a young pigeon. 15 The priest shall bring it to the altar, wring off the head and burn it on the altar; its blood shall be drained out on the side of the altar.

17 He shall tear it open by the wings, not dividing it completely, and then the priest shall burn it on the wood that is burning on the altar. It is a burnt offering, a food offering, an aroma pleasing to the LORD.

If god hated rabbits, why did he make them, and why are they so abundant?
                        Does God hate viruses or cancerous cells? Why did he make them, and why are they so abundant?

for the scientist bit, its history, not scripture. Denying proven written down history is like denying what happened to you yesterday.
                        There are plenty of false, so-called Christians (like yourself). If they deny the Bible to follow science, they aren't really Christians. The Bible tells us:

1 Timothy 6: 20O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

I believe many of you have good intentions, but your ignorance will cause you to go to hell.
                        Just above you said you are ignorant of Scripture, and now you say we are ignorant? How exactly do you know if we are following God's Word correctly if you never bothered to read them?

What youre doing is dividing whoever isnt a true baptists Christian into a hippie
                        At the end of the world, Jesus is going to divide everyone into two groups. Do you want to be on the wrong side?

Matthew 25:31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. 34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Comment

It's the paptist's fault that we have these ridiculous traditions on Easter and Christmas. Trees, bells, eggs. Where's the Jesus?

Comment

Originally posted by Halleluyah Rob View Post
                            It's the paptist's fault that we have these ridiculous traditions on Easter and Christmas. Trees, bells, eggs. Where's the Jesus?
                            Jesus is in Heaven.

What a silly question.

YIC
                            Posted via Mobile Device
                            1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

Finally something on this site I agree with. How did we get "imaginary rabbit leaving chocolate eggs" from the resurrection of Christ?
                              This space is reserved for posting KJV Scripture ONLY. Any other gibberish will get you instabanned. --ADMIN

Comment

Re: Rebuttle to your foolish claim.

Originally posted by SinSeeker View Post
                                Im sure someone can find scripture for 'You must not kill animals in a painful way for pleasure, and then ridicule them after death.
                                Animal killings are designed to please the Lord, and there is nothing wrong with pleasing the Lord.

Exodus 20:24 An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee.

Originally posted by SinSeeker View Post
                                You must not harm things just for the joy of it'. Im SURE there is a scripture in there. If not, the bible is sadistic. It is common Knowledge that sadistic people are evil
                                The bible is sadistic??? How could you say that!!!! What is wrong with you.

Why don't you go and read this beautiful-beautiful verse, and tell me if it is sadistic, you marijuana loving hippy!

John 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

Comment

Working...
                                X