Clear All

• Re: PROOF God is REAL!

Originally posted by Qurtoeck View Post
    you realise that was a satire right?
    Tabor's Law!!!

Tabor's Law as defined on Urban Dictionary

Comment

michelangelo was a homosexual... what is so wrong about that... ohh wait... i know what you dont like.... he painted religious places and things.... i got it now

Comment

i feel sorry that you can so easily follow a blind faith without proof.... this video only makes me feel even more against the though of an all powerful god

Comment

Originally posted by your god is false View Post
          i feel sorry that you can so easily follow a blind faith without proof.... this video only makes me feel even more against the though of an all powerful god
          If you want to argue, wait until you are dead and argue with Satan. Arguing with us solves nothing.
          Emeritus Professor of the Christ Jesus Chair of Theology at Landover Baptist University.
          "God loves you. Let us arrange for you to meet Him".
          Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth.--Psalms 58:6

Comment

So I take it that this video:
            HTML Code:
            <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
            codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="320" height="263"><param name="wmode"
            value="transparent" /><param name="movie"
            value="http://video.gprime.net/media/flv/flv.swf?gN=proofofcreationism&gX=640&gY=480&gL=0"></param>
            <embed src="http://video.gprime.net/media/flv/flv.swf?gN=proofofcreationism&gX=640&gY=480&gL=0"
            wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" width="320" height="263"></embed></object>
            Some how proves god exists even how ridiculous it is?

Comment

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
              codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="320" height="263"><param name="wmode"
              value="transparent" /><param name="movie"
              value="http://video.gprime.net/media/flv/flv.swf?gN=proofofcreationism&gX=640&gY=480&gL=0"> </param>
              <embed src="http://video.gprime.net/media/flv/flv.swf?gN=proofofcreationism&gX=640&gY=480&gL=0"
              wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" width="320" height="263"></embed></object>

sorry your "[html]" button guess does not work for embed HTML

Comment

Oooookkkkkkk, never mind that too

Just click here

and sorry for the triple post just that apparently nothing works for your forums

Comment

Originally posted by AlmightyGawd View Post
                  Oooookkkkkkk, never mind that too

Just click here

and sorry for the triple post just that apparently nothing works for your forums
                  You stomp around blaspheming on God's favourite forum and wonder why things don't work??? Have you got air between your ears son?
                  1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth

Why do scientists spend so much time trying to figure out the universe? GOD made it clear right there at the start. Praise the Lord!

Comment

Hmmm....let me see if I can put this in a way without trying to seem offensive.

Coming from a scientific point of view, a scientist observes the world around them and then try to make sense of the things around them. There is a scientific method that was developed to try and solve problems. Depending on how you think of it, it could be true that things like physics and astronomy and biology and such was not considered 'important' because it's not in the bible. But I imagine it's plausible that people of the time also simply didn't know of it's existence, isn't it? It was once believed that living things came from unliving substances. But was later learned to be untrue. It was also once believed that the Earth was simply flat and that there was an end or edge to the world. But we know that to be untrue.

We were giving such intelligence and logic to know and understand the things in the world around us. But if all that knowledge means absolutely nothing if you have the bible. Then why were we given the intelligence and free will at all? It's obviously not important, apparently.

And as was talked about, I believe the word 'theory' is often misunderstood. In science, it's not just an 'idea'. It is a tested hypothesis that seems to be true. It is possible to be proved untrue where new tests my show a better hypothesis. So, it's true that a theory is not really thought by anyone to be an absolute truth. It's just a generally accepted fact until proven wrong.

I'm sure many won't agree with that. I'm just saying this from a scientific point of view. Not a biblical one.
                    Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done
                    abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Comment

Originally posted by jessev View Post
                      OK, but try and show some objectivity too...
                      Coming from a scientific point of view, a scientist observes the world around them and then try to make sense of the things around them. There is a scientific method
                      The telling sentence here is "There is a scientific method that was developed to try and solve problems."

You see, if I develop "a Bathfire method" to work out how many frogs reach maturity from a given quantity of frog spawn, yet my method is to ignore all those eaten by fish, I am not going to get very far am I?

Because scientists are "of Satan", the so-called "scientific method" ignores the Word of The Almighty and thus all results will be skewed towards the devil and away from The Lord.

I'm afraid you failed in your objectivity - you are neither Christian nor a scientist. You are a vile atheist who believes in nothing except how magnificent he thinks himself!
                      sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
                      Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

If you want to put it that way, yes you could always try developing your own way of testing a problem. But with testing, you must have a constant and at least one variable. The scientific method is just the best thought way of solving a problem.

(as taken from http://physics.ucr.edu/~wudka/Physic...www/node6.html )
                        • 1. Observe some aspect of the universe.
                        • 2. Invent a tentative description, called a hypothesis, that is consistent with what you have observed.
                        • 3. Use the hypothesis to make predictions.
                        • 4. Test those predictions by experiments or further observations and modify the hypothesis in the light of your results.
                        • 5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until there are no discrepancies between theory and experiment and/or observation.

This testing method is used because its consistent and repeatable. So far, a better method has not been found. In the case of your example, it presents many challenges because of a lack of a constant and too many different variables. That's a challenge that faces any question that is asked, however. It is not just a single person that has formulated that idea. It was something that was structured together based on what people found they needed to do to understand a problem or an idea. I will agree that it does not take into consideration the word of God in the bible. But that is ultimately because faith cannot be tested by an experiement, it isn't really something we can simply observe. And faith isn't something you can prove scientifically. You either accept or do not accept the bible as the source of information. That is what faith is. It is not science.

Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
                        OK, but try and show some objectivity too...
                        The telling sentence here is "There is a scientific method that was developed to try and solve problems."

You see, if I develop "a Bathfire method" to work out how many frogs reach maturity from a given quantity of frog spawn, yet my method is to ignore all those eaten by fish, I am not going to get very far am I?

Because scientists are "of Satan", the so-called "scientific method" ignores the Word of The Almighty and thus all results will be skewed towards the devil and away from The Lord.

I'm afraid you failed in your objectivity - you are neither Christian nor a scientist. You are a vile atheist who believes in nothing except how magnificent he thinks himself!
                        Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done

Comment

Originally posted by jessev View Post
                          OK. You don't sound like the offensive type. Misguided, yes, but offensive? Hardly. You are, in fact, quite respectful.

Depending on how you think of it, it could be true that things like physics and astronomy and biology and such was not considered 'important' because it's not in the bible. But I imagine it's plausible that people of the time also simply didn't know of it's existence, isn't it?
                          God didn't just write the Bible for the ancient Hebrews, He wrote it for all of us. If God thought something was important for True Christians™ to know, scientific or otherwise, He put it in the Bible.

Consider some of the things that the Bible says about science that other ancients (the Greeks, the Romans, etc.) rejected as false:

(1) Air has weight:

For he looketh to the ends of the earth, and seeth under the whole heaven; To make the weight for the winds; and he weigheth the waters by measure. Job 28:24-25

(2) Water is recycyled in the environment:

All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again. Ecclesiastes 1:7

It was once believed that living things came from unliving substances.
                          Not by God.

And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:25 Here we see the Lord explaining basic genetics 3,500 years ago, that like comes from like. This kept cattle farmers from, for example, trying to breed cattle from horses.

It was also once believed that the Earth was simply flat and that there was an end or edge to the world. But we know that to be untrue.
                          Whoa, there. The Earth is flat. How else could you see the entire Earth from a single, tall tree?

Thus were the visions of mine head in my bed; I saw, and behold a tree in the midst of the earth, and the height thereof was great. The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth. Daniel 4:10-11

Then why were we given the intelligence and free will at all? It's obviously not important, apparently.
                          God created Man so that he'd have somebody to name the animals:

And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. Genesis 2:19

How could we have done that without intelligence and free will?

So, it's true that a theory is not really thought by anyone to be an absolute truth. It's just a generally accepted fact until proven wrong.
                          I'm glad to see you're not buying into that evolution nonsense, either.

Pour out thy fury upon the heathen that know thee not, and upon the families that call not on thy name.... Jeremiah 10:25

Comment

I thank you for your kind words there. I really do appreciate it. I may be misguided in certain ways. I just cannot understand some of the things that are said or explained. While I have a difficult time believing in the strict interpretation of the Bible, I can understand 'why' you do it. Yes, I know I will probably get the message again where if the Bible were not meant to be taken literally, who am I to determine what is literal and what is not. I have not read through the entire Bible. Though, admittedly, I have started to read through it just to at least understand it better. But at the same time, I'm quite scientifically-minded as well. And while it seems the two are complete opposites, I really don't think that is the case. There are those who are religious (Though probably not from the 'True Christian' group) and are good scientists as well.

I do have a question though. Wasn't it man that wrote the bible? I agree it may have been divinely inspired. But surely the Bible wasn't created by God, Himself. Was it? Otherwise the Bible would have had to be older than the earth. Unless he created it later when He created humans. But it was humans who have translated the text, is it not?

It may be true that the bible has said a few things about the observable universe. And perhaps some ancient cultures didn't believe things like the air has weight (Afterall, it carries the birds and such, right?) So, it seemed strange to them. But not all cultures were. And not everyone believed what the common ideas of the time were. For instance, back when Columbus had sailed the oceans, it was preposterous to think of the world as being a sphere. But one thing that lead people to believe this (which is a good test, by the way) Is that no matter where you are on the earth, if you watch a boat set sail and travel off to the horizon, you will slowly see that ship sink down beyond the horizon. This was evidence that the world was round. You may accept or deny that. I know how it is believed here. I'm not really trying to change your mind about it at this time. It's a moot point.

As for recycled water, that's something anyone can witness. Afterall, especially every spring, rivers flow anew once the ice melts from the mountains and the lands. In fact, it often causes flooding in places because of ice melting too quickly at one time. As well as the fact that it rains, and much of the rain water goes into rivers as well. Not to mention, there were surely springs in ancient times as there still are now.

I'm not quite so sure Genesis 1:25 really talks much about genetics. It's seems to simply say that there were specific kinds of creatures, not conglomerations of different animals in one creatures, and other characteristics in another creature. But even so, different kinds of creatures cannot breed one another even if it were tried. It just doesn't work. Unless they are closely related (like horses and donkeys. Or different types of feline. Or canine for that matter.).

And for me, Daniel 4:10-11 says something slightly different. (Though, I have a King James Bible. I have no idea of which version it is. I can't actually tell) This is what it reads:

"These were the visions of my head while on my bed: I was looking, and behold, a tree in the midst of the earth, and its height was great. The tree grew and became strong; Its height reached to the heavens, and it could be seen to the ends of all the earth.

Mostly telling of the same thing, though slightly different wording. It just seemed to me that in Nebuchadnezzar's dream that this came from was to explain that the tree was so huge that it could be seen from everywhere on the earth. Whether you could see the ends of the earth while on it, or whether you were on the edge of the earth and could see it, I suppose this would still say that the whole world could see it. But this was also a telling of his dream, not a fact of the real world, as well.

As for naming of the creatures of the earth, I agree. Everything has a name. That's always been important to any person. Without names, its often difficult to understand what someone is talking about. But it is also common that creatures have many different names depending on what part of the world you are in. There's generally at least as many names for a creature as there are languages of the earth. The first of which was not likely English. But to name something doesn't require all that much intellect nor free will. But I guess that's an unprovable kind of thing.

Originally posted by Ahimaaz Smith View Post
                            OK. You don't sound like the offensive type. Misguided, yes, but offensive? Hardly. You are, in fact, quite respectful.

God didn't just write the Bible for the ancient Hebrews, He wrote it for all of us. If God thought something was important for True Christians™ to know, scientific or otherwise, He put it in the Bible.

Consider some of the things that the Bible says about science that other ancients (the Greeks, the Romans, etc.) rejected as false:

(1) Air has weight:

For he looketh to the ends of the earth, and seeth under the whole heaven; To make the weight for the winds; and he weigheth the waters by measure. Job 28:24-25

(2) Water is recycyled in the environment:

All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again. Ecclesiastes 1:7

Not by God.

And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:25 Here we see the Lord explaining basic genetics 3,500 years ago, that like comes from like. This kept cattle farmers from, for example, trying to breed cattle from horses.

Whoa, there. The Earth is flat. How else could you see the entire Earth from a single, tall tree?

Thus were the visions of mine head in my bed; I saw, and behold a tree in the midst of the earth, and the height thereof was great. The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth. Daniel 4:10-11

God created Man so that he'd have somebody to name the animals:

And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. Genesis 2:19

How could we have done that without intelligence and free will?

I'm glad to see you're not buying into that evolution nonsense, either.

Comment

The bible is a story book, nothing more you cannot quite it for fact. Sure it is the oldest documented text, but who wrote it a collection of batshit crazy folks, who wrote stories they heard about that were hundreds of years old. Oh and who created god?

Comment

God was always there friend, and you might be in need of an anger management course.

Why were you looking for chastity belts BTW?
                                Psalm 81:10:
                                I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt:
                                open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.

Comment

Working...
                                X