X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do good things happen to bad people?

Joh 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Consider eternity…..
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Long, isn’t it?

We are here three score years and ten or may be a few more. Let us say we live to be 80. Divide 80 by Eternity, and what do you have? Nothing.

Let’s say that a really bad person starts being bad aged 10 and is really bad 2 days a week for two hours each day. 4 hours a week for 70 years = 14,560hours. That’s 1 year 8 months = 2% of a lifetime. But look at this period ->.<- That period is more than a billion times bigger than nothing and The Lord alone knows how much bigger it is than 2% of nothing.

And so, God's Judgement is meted out in Heaven, at the Pearly Gates. Not on this Earth. As you Christians sit and look down on the short and miserable lives spent in this Vale of Tears, it is nothing for are not a 1,000 years but an evening to God? Then what is a fleeting moment of 1 year and 8 months?

In such short a time, can we say really say anything is truly good or bad? Earthly punishment (except crucifixion) is as nothing in comparison. Trust in God, He will avenge His Servants in Darkness and Torment – a Soul that never rests, a Soul wracked with pain, a fierce dry heat that roasts off the flesh and then it grows again. Blind and deaf with smashed teeth, your enemies and God’s enemies will be raked by the claws and teeth of demons, and why? Because God loves you personally and He fights your battles and gives You, personally, justice in the hereafter.
    sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
    Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel Bathfire View Post
      We are here three score years and ten or may be a few more. Let us say we live to be 80. Divide 80 by Eternity, and what do you have? Nothing.
      You've summed so much of it up right there, Brother.

I could ponder your posts for all eternity...
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Deaner View Post
        I don't think bad things happen to good people. I think bad things happen to bad people because you're a bad person and Jesus hates your guts.
        As usual, you said a mouthful Brother.

This whole notion of "good people" or "bad people" dying is just absurd. We can't second-guess Jesus. He smites us a He sees fit, and it's not based on how many times you fetched your husband a cold beer.

If Jesus decides that you've pissed Him off, you're gone. It's that simple. That's proof positive of God's love right there.

Luke 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
        Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
          ...If Jesus decides that you've pissed Him off, you're gone. It's that simple...
          By that logic, everyone pisses Him off, because we all end up dead. You're going to piss Him off sometime in the next eighty years, maybe sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post
            By that logic, everyone pisses Him off, because we all end up dead. You're going to piss Him off sometime in the next eighty years, maybe sooner.
            I'm guessing you'll piss Him off sooner than me, chuckles. Then you won't be laughing near as hard as I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny's Blunder View Post
              I'm guessing you'll piss Him off sooner than me, chuckles. Then you won't be laughing near as hard as I am.
              It does kind of make you chuckle doesn't it?

I mean you could have a homer dancing around the hell-hot coals of fire because he performed oral sex on a homo... and there I am eating at Christ's feast because I dragged a few darkies and homers on chains behind my truck.

Tee-hee.

Ain't my rules; I just follow them. PRAISE JESUS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaner View Post
                Ain't my rules; I just follow them. PRAISE JESUS!!!
                Your blind obedience is an inspiration to us all!

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

I think sometimes God just gets sick of the goody-two shoes bastards who think they're better than me just because they went to a real college and know fancy words. The kind who think that their good works and good deeds will get them a seat in Heaven with Christ. The type who lord it over everyone and who are always popular and the life of the party. Sometimes God just gets fed up with them and He decides to smite a few of them, just to teach them a lesson of some kind. Just look at Job.

Praise Jesus.
                  Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

I'm not sure God will look favorably on those who rape their kids, I hope you only use the hot stove as punishment and not this depraved method James.

Some aren't using it as punishment, they are using it for sexual gratification which even when done the normal way is wrong in God's eyes if it isn't for reproduction, not sure how you can condone this James.

I've never heard of a baby boy getting pregnant after getting it up the butthole, so how is it 'not that bad?'
                    Ecclesiastes 4:5 The fool foldeth his hands together, and eateth his own flesh.

Comment

These are only the exceptional cases that the good things happen to these bad people`s. There is lot of good people`s who lives long life. Bad people just like hitler are professional in their field. They know how to handle these curse situations.

Comment

Originally posted by autobiostimulation View Post
                        These are only the exceptional cases that the good things happen to these bad people`s. There is lot of good people`s who lives long life. Bad people just like hitler are professional in their field. They know how to handle these curse situations.
                        It's true that Hitler was a bad guy, but what do you expect from a euro-catholic?

By the way, please make a thread of your own in the Introduction Forum. We want to get to know you!

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth
                        sigpic

Comment

Hitler may have also been a Joo, based on things I've read.
                          Recovering Catholic.

Helping restore the "bully" to the "bully pulpit"

Aspiring to be God's Bouncer..

Comment

Originally posted by Carl the wop View Post
                            Hitler may have also been a Joo, based on things I've read.
                            Let me guess, you mostly read the labels of beer bottles?

Jesus loves you seriously bigtime. He’d hug you until your eyeballs exploded out of your skull if he ever met you. He’d windsurf across oceans of dead Nazis which he personally slaughtered just to tell you that your new haircut is the bee’s knees. Jesus is like the monster truck of love and you are an old Geo Metro which he will roar his massive engine over and crush your pathetic fiberglass frame into a crumpled heap. Praise Jesus, especially when it’s sunny outside because Jesus would totally be cool with you praising while you get a nice tan.

- Ecclesiastes xii.7

Comment

Originally posted by Sally Paulson View Post

The part my little lady brain is struggling to understand is why good things happen to bad people.
                              Because this life here on earth will be as close to heaven as they have ever come? While to others, this life on earth will be the closest to hell that they will ever come.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimei View Post
                                Because this life here on earth will be as close to heaven as they have ever come? While to others, this life on earth will be the closest to hell that they will ever come.
                                What's that even supposed to mean? Uh... Well some people will uuuuh like win the game while others will uuuuh like not win. Profound, huh!

If bad stuff happens to good people they had something to hide. God sees the heart and He knows if they deserve it. Don't forget, He sees what you were going to do so some "innocent" child gets killed in Gaza? God knew it was going to be a heathen.
                                sigpic
                                Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
                                The truth about volcanos
                                Sex and debauchery in public schools
                                Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
                                God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
                                Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.

Comment

Working...
                                X