X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question to catholics

Why do you call your priests Fathers?
    The Bible says that we have but one Father.
    I suggest that you stop blaspheming and start calling your priests uncles. I think our Father won't mind.
    "Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me" -- Faaabulous President Bush, May 27, 2004

Re: A question to catholics

Originally posted by narrowpathy View Post
    Why do you call your priests Fathers?
    The Bible says that we have but one Father.
    I suggest that you stop blaspheming and start calling your priests uncles. I think our Father won't mind.
    Paul actually uses that title for himself:

Read 1 Corinthians 4:15 & 17 and Philemon 10 for more information!
    ACTS 5:29

But Peter and the apostles said in reply, "We must obey God rather than men."
    There you have it-so WHAT'S STOPPING YOU COWARDS?

Comment

Re: A question to catholics

Originally posted by Father Thomas Martin View Post
      Paul actually uses that title for himself:

Read 1 Corinthians 4:15 & 17 and Philemon 10 for more information!
      Corinthians

14:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

JESUS CHRIST is the father through Paul (church), not the other way around

14:17 For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.

Bis

Philemon 1:10 I beseech thee for my son Onesimus, whom I have begotten in my bonds

and still the same

Ephesus 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

And finally Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven

Enough mother Tommy? (and even that you are not worth calling for your degenerate roman whorish sect has lost grace in the eyes of THE LORD)

Stop your blasphemy and go buy some candy for your choirboys...

PRAISE THE LORD!

Comment

Working...
      X