X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drinking alcohol like God wants us to

Originally posted by ObediantWife View Post
    My husband loves to drink, although he is a good Christian man so he keeps it in moderation. I'm proud to say that always gets a nice, cool drink within seconds of him shouting at me to "get off my lazy arse and get me another drink, wife!". He's so wonderful!
    I call shenanigans. I have yet to meet a Scottsman who drank in moderation.
    Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
      I call shenanigans. I have yet to meet a Scottsman who drank in moderation.
      I'm Scottish and I've never drank a drop of alcohol in my life!

Comment

Originally posted by Maxton M. Jones View Post
        How is this drinking in moderation then?
        Posted via Mobile Device
        sigpic
        Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
        The truth about volcanos
        Sex and debauchery in public schools
        Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
        God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
        Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.

Comment

Indeed: I've met quite a few scotchmen and they never restrict themselves to a solitary drop.

Now, how about staggering over to the Introduction Forum and properly introducing yourself, OK?

We want to get to know you!!!

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth
          sigpic

Comment

You're either a liar or you're not a Scott, which is it?

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself.
            Who Will Jesus Damn?

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

I was brought up as a Southern Baptist and we were taught that when the Bible referred to Jesus and the disciples drinking wine, it really meant unfermented grape juice. We even had unfermented grape juice at the Lord's supper.

Since then I went on to drinking beer and wine in moderation. Now I drink almost entirely nonalcoholic beer.

Penn Jillette of Penn & Teller the magicians is also an atheist and he says he has never used alchohol or drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTheInfidel View Post
                I was brought up as a Southern Baptist and we were taught that when the Bible referred to Jesus and the disciples drinking wine, it really meant unfermented grape juice. We even had unfermented grape juice at the Lord's supper.

Since then I went on to drinking beer and wine in moderation. Now I drink almost entirely nonalcoholic beer.

Penn Jillette of Penn & Teller the magicians is also an atheist and he says he has never used alchohol or drugs.
                There are two possibilities.

One, the Bible refers to wine numerous times and each time it is internally contradicting itself because one minute it means wine that gets you drunk, like when Noah was so drunk Ham shamed himself by tittle tattling to his brothers about Noah's nakedness or when Lot was so drunk his harlot daughters could commit incest with him. The next it magically, without saying so, means grape juice.

Two, your pastors were lying to you so you didn't get tempted to drink because they were superimposing their own values on scripture and using your imbued fear of God to add weight to their own secular views.

I'm inclined to think your pastors were more than prepared to lie to you and twist scripture when it suited their purposes. I wonder if this is the source of your conflict with us because you seem to have picked this habit up of twisting scripture when it suits your secular desires from somewhere...
                sigpic
                Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
                The truth about volcanos
                God Cures AIDS - GLORY!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTheInfidel
                  Originally posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
                  There are two possibilities.

One, the Bible refers to wine numerous times and each time it is internally contradicting itself because one minute it means wine that gets you drunk, like when Noah was so drunk Ham shamed himself by tittle tattling to his brothers about Noah's nakedness or when Lot was so drunk his harlot daughters could commit incest with him. The next it magically, without saying so, means grape juice.
                  That's why I think the reference to wine is meant to be taken literally.

Originally posted by Redeemed Papist
                  Two, your pastors were lying to you so you didn't get tempted to drink because they were superimposing their own values on scripture and using your imbued fear of God to add weight to their own secular views.
                  There may have been lying involved at some point, but I believe the preachers believed what they were saying.

The medical consensus today is that the equivalent of one or two glasses of wine a day are better for you than either drinking more or not drinking. According to that, I am at risk for not drinking enough.

Of course alcoholics cannot stop at one or two drinks and, according to literature the Southern Baptist Convention distributed, one person in sixteen who takes the first drink becomes an alcoholic, one in seven becomes a problem drinker. I didn't turn out to be the one in sixteen or the one in seven. I later learned that there is a possible genetic basis for alcoholism. Accordingly, my granddaughter, whose father is a recovered alcoholic, wisely abstains from drinking alcoholic beverages.

I'm inclined to think your pastors were more than prepared to lie to you and twist scripture when it suited their purposes.
                  Unlike the pastors of the Landover Baptist Church?

I wonder if this is the source of your conflict with us because you seem to have picked this habit up of twisting scripture when it suits your secular desires from somewhere...
                  I don't rely on Biblical scriptures for authority of any kind. I simply call them as I see them. I point out contradictions and weird interpretations as I see them.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTheInfidel View Post
                    I don't rely on Biblical scriptures for authority of any kind. I simply call them as I see them. I point out contradictions and weird interpretations as I see them.
                    And THAT is precisely why you are bound for an eternity in the deepest pits of hell, and are NOT WELCOME HERE!
                    Who Will Jesus Damn?

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
                      This link is much much better.

Comment

God hates haters, Jesus was a Jew! The bible was made up by people seeking attention! ALL those are facts gays aren't any different, besides the fact that they are BETTER THAT YOU ALL!

Comment

Originally posted by Gays are equals! View Post
                          God hates haters, Jesus was a Jew! The bible was made up by people seeking attention! ALL those are facts gays aren't any different, besides the fact that they are BETTER THAT YOU ALL!
                          Superbly put. Nothing shows that gays are fabulous like a link to a silly juvenile shock site. You make the case that you are right and God is wrong so well. all your gay friends must be so proud of you.
                          sigpic

The truth about volcanos
                          God Cures AIDS - GLORY!

Comment

Superbly put. Nothing shows that gays are fabulous like a link to a silly juvenile shock site. You make the case that you are right and God is wrong so well. all your gay friends must be so proud of you.
                            Yeah, and god is proud as well, if he made gays, that must mean he is a little gay himself as well, or why even think of it? Is it that Satan has power over god himself? I'd rather burn in hell with Satan than live like a king with an ignorant god that hates his own creations! Your argument is invalid!

Comment

Yeah, and god is proud as well, if he made gays, that must mean he is a little gay himself as well, or why even think of it? Is it that Satan has power over god himself? I'd rather burn in hell with Satan than live like a king with an ignorant god that hates his own creations! Your argument is invalid!
                              1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
                              sigpic

The truth about volcanos
                              God Cures AIDS - GLORY!

Comment

I take it your New Years resolution was to act like a douchebag on the internets, yes?

Comment

Working...
                                X