(#1)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

Full of it Bleeding heart liebral Negroe Poster Hellbound Heathen Cathlick

self_abusing_sinner is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default What do you consider virtue to be - 08-03-2010, 05:42 AM

I ask this question because it is tied in with salvation. What do you feel virtue is? In families? Among friends? In public? etc If you will, please enlighten me on this, I am struggling for true instruction, in the Christian life. And the understanding that will help me bring it to life, to make it livable. Maybe that is a limitation in me but one I am finding I am having to respect. I really hope you can help.

Thank you very much,

sas
(#2)
Old
compassion personified
True Christian™

True Christian™ Christian Love Real American™ True Christian Lady True Christian Beauty Saved 1 Year Silver Tither Long service medal, 2nd class Saved 5 Years True Christian Homemaker Mission to Australia Best stoning bucket Heaven Bound Punched the most queers Protected by JESUS TC Bravery The Lord’s Witness Wound Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot True Heterosexual™ One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Born again virgin Pro-Life True Republican Batman Shooting Survivor Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Prayer Warrior

Mrs. Rogers will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Rogers will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Rogers will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Rogers will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Rogers will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Rogers will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Rogers will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Rogers will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Rogers will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Rogers will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Rogers will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What do you consider virtue to be - 08-03-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_aware_sinner View Post
I ask this question because it is tied in with salvation. What do you feel virtue is? In families? Among friends? In public?
The only virtue one can possibly tie to Salvation is faith, dear. Love won't save your soul, nor kindness, nor being a good person: the LORD values belief above all else -- belief in Him, that is. Certainly the other virtues are nice enough, but they are lesser virtues in His Eyes.

If you have been, say, a sadistic child molester prior to finding God, He won't care one little bit as long as you sincerely believe in Him, believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose again, etc. Belief, not love, is the key to Eternal Life. It's an interesting glimpse into the Mind of GOD, is it not? I'm not quite sure what to make of it though ... but I'm going to continue to have faith, to believe that God is Good.

True Christians are Perfect!

Signs that you belong to a FALSE Christian Church.

Persecution You Have Endured for CHRIST: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger in Christ.

For True Christians™ only: please send me Project Habakkuk updates at gertruderogers@landoverbaptist.net. Thank you.
(#3)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

Full of it Bleeding heart liebral Negroe Poster Hellbound Heathen Cathlick

self_abusing_sinner is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: What do you consider virtue to be - 08-03-2010, 12:15 PM

Ok thank you, faith is very important, but I gotta admit, I don't fully understand it or how it is supposed to help us live in the modern world.. One thing really stands out to me though and that is you sort of say love is not so important, but Jesus himself says that the two greatest commandments in the entire law involve love, love of God and love of neighbour.. I struggle with understanding the implications of these things. And also, that St Paul says in Corinthians 13, that the most important are faith, hope and love, but of these, that love is the greatest.

King James 1 Corinthians 13:13
13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

To me, having faith means believing in what Jesus said, and that means I must believe that love of neighbour and love of God, which is what He said was the most important in all the law, and therefore must be really, really important. I can't do away with these without doing away with faith in Jesus Christ in a sense. I'm not smart enough to understand this in it's totality but it is what I am leaning towards. Hope this explains my perspective, and I would very much like to hear if you have any elaborations or further insights, from a Christian life, which could help someone who is struggling both in his prayer life and his faith life.

Thank you, God bless,

sas