X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God, The First Fashionista

One of my favorite verses has always been this one:

Genesis 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
    Now God was pretty steamed when this happened. He had just discovered that Eve had fallen for the serpent's wiley ways and eaten the forbidden fruit, and then tricked Adam into eating some too. God was mad, I can tell you.

But think about it; God took the time to kill some animals (we don't know which ones), skin them, tan their hides, design garments for both Adam and Eve, then cut and sew the skins for them. I have often lain awake at night wondering what those first outfits must have looked like. Imagine the fashion sense that God Almighty would have had. The perfect fit, the coordination, the style!

Snakeskin shoes for starters, I'd bet.
    Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Re: God, The First Fashionista

Well, I know this might sound bad..... but I'd like to thank Eve for making us wear clothes. I mean there ain't nothing in the whole World that feels better than having trendy new clothes, shoes, handbags and accessories.

And, honestly, who wants to see a bunch of old wrinkley people walking around. OMG, that is so gross! I don't even want to think about a bunch of old men sitting on metal folding chairs............
    sigpic

Tweet me Here
    My GODLY Bio Here

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy Mae Johnson View Post
      Well, I know this might sound bad..... but I'd like to thank Eve for making us wear clothes. I mean there ain't nothing in the whole World that feels better than having trendy new clothes, shoes, handbags and accessories.

And, honestly, who wants to see a bunch of old wrinkley people walking around. OMG, that is so gross! I don't even want to think about a bunch of old men sitting on metal folding chairs............
      Mrs. Daisy,

I really did not need that image! That being said, I do agree with your point! I can thank the Lord that I have lovely, handmade (by me, of course) dresses that are appropriately modest. And I utterly love that the Lord made shoes and accessories.

YiC,
      Elizabeth
      "Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." Proverbs 14:1

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
        But think about it; God took the time to kill some animals (we don't know which ones), skin them, tan their hides, design garments for both Adam and Eve, then cut and sew the skins for them.
        Not to contradict, but do we know God™ tanned the hides first, etc?

I know if the sinful, unruly Adam and Eve were MY disobedient kids, I'd sew them into warm, squishy, dripping skins just ripped from the animals, so the world could see their shame.

Then they'd have to wear the rotting skins, with flies buzzing about, until they dropped off months later. Maybe the scent would even get them chased by predators? THAT would give them something to think about!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy Mae Johnson View Post

Then why God created Adam and Eve naked? For what I know, they felt ashamed about being nude after they ate the forbidden fruit

Comment

Originally posted by SunsetShimmer View Post
            ...For what I know, they felt ashamed about being nude after they ate the forbidden fruit
            And if you actually read the actual freaking Bible, you'd know what it said and could discuss this matter from a position of KNOWLEDGE, instead of flaunting your ignorance for everyone else to over.

Comment

Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post
              And if you actually read the actual freaking Bible, you'd know what it said and could discuss this matter from a position of KNOWLEDGE, instead of flaunting your ignorance for everyone else to over.

With a simple answer is ok, you don't need to be so nasty all the time

Comment

With a simple answer is ok, you don't need to be so nasty all the time
                I'm not nasty, just exasperated with people who refuse to cure their own ignorance.

Comment

I'm not nasty, just exasperated with people who refuse to cure their own ignorance.

You want ignorance? People here is full of it, this stupid fanatics believe Earth is 6000 years old and dinosaurs bones were created by God to test their faith, please, Landover is full of idiots stucked in medieval age! ¬¬

Comment

You want ignorance?...
                    No, but as you're offering more no matter what I say...

...People here is full of it, this stupid fanatics believe Earth is 6000 years old...
                    6018, actually. Look up Bishop Ussher for more info.

...Landover is full of idiots stucked in medieval age! ¬¬
                    But, they know and follow the Bible, and as this forum is all about knowing and following the Bible, if you don't know the Bible, then YOU ARE THE IGNORANT ONE HERE (that's by dictionary definition, not personal opinion, so take your inevitable huffy snit and stick it).

Comment

But, they know and follow the Bible.

Exactly how you follow the bible by saying God's favorite country is USA? That country is never mentioned in the book, is just their stupid nationalist way of "thinking", also, they even have a list of countries god "hates", please, they even say deceases like ebola are good!

Comment

Exactly how you follow the bible by saying God's favorite country is USA?...
                        That's what's called an "inference", which is drawing a conclusion from facts or other things assumed to be true. If you stay in school long enough to study logic, you'll learn about things like that.

...That country is never mentioned in the book, is just their stupid nationalist way of "thinking"...
                        Repeatedly calling them "stupid" (ad hominem, a fallacy) while offering no support for any of your own positions makes you look the stupid one.

...they even say deceases like ebola are good!...
                        The Bible says that God not only cures all diseases (but only for those who are faithful to Him), He causes them.

How can anything God does be bad?

Comment

Didymus, not trying to troll here, but for an atheist you seem to have an obsession with the Bible. What's with that? And the way you portray Scripture it seems like you're trying to convert people to atheism.

Comment

Originally posted by LolitaWolfiebear View Post
                            Didymus, not trying to troll here, but for an atheist you seem to have an obsession with the Bible. What's with that? And the way you portray Scripture it seems like you're trying to convert people to atheism.
                            Friend, any further attempts by you to dissuade Didymus from his long and uneven path to Salvation may result in your posting privileges being limited or removed altogether.

He has been a "project" spanning several years now, and if that starts to unravel I fear that he will never become a True Christian(tm).

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LolitaWolfiebear View Post
                              Didymus, not trying to troll here, but for an atheist you seem to have an obsession with the Bible. What's with that?...
                              My obsession is with people's reactions to exposure to the real message of the Bible, the actual Word of God for about half of humanity (and much more than half of the powerful ones).

...And the way you portray Scripture it seems like you're trying to convert people to atheism.
                              I let the Bible speak for itself.

Exodus 34:14 "For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:"

Any conclusions people wish to draw is up to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X