Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Landover to the Rescue - Christian Help Forum
Reload this Page What Does The Bible Say About Romance?
Landover to the Rescue - Christian Help Forum A Christian Help Forum led by Sister Daisy Mae Johnson. Warning! Sometimes the Lord's advice is a hard pill to swallow.

(#1)
Old
Gushing for Jesus

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness Flat Earth Anti-abortion GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Anti-Biden Public Awareness Medal

Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default What Does The Bible Say About Romance? - 09-03-2014, 09:39 PM

My niece recently started high school. As any parent of teenagers knows, romance is always in the air. These little bundles of hormones are at constant battle with sin, and very few will win. True Christian™ parents help their children by showing them the value of arming themselves with the Word of God so they are ready to fight the good fight (Ephesians 6:10-18). And a fight it is. Let's face it, "romance" is just another word for "lust." "Romance" is naught but a fabricated concept the liberals created to get kids hooked on sex. It started with Jane Austen and her heaving bosom story, Sense and Sensibility, and we've only seen it go downhill from there. My poor niece has no idea. My sister voted for Obama - twice - if that gives you any indication of what my dear niece is up against.

I told my sister as much in a recent email exchange. I illustrated to her how the Bible shows us that lust is a shameful sin, a kind of crime of the mind that should be punished brutally and thoroughly. It is a devastating fire that seeks to destroy everything one holds dear (Job 31:11-12). Lust, or "romance" as it is called by liberals, is about instant gratification and selfishness. It is the kind of sin that God can see and punish you for harboring in your heart, whether or not your body acts on it (Matthew 5:27-28). True Christians live a selfless life marked by holy living, as commanded by Christ Himself (1 Peter 1:15-16). As she was talking about having a "crush" on a boy, the nature and function of marriage naturally came up. I explained how there is clearly no room for the unholy concept of "romance" in the True Christian™ marriage. Because True Christian™ marriages are proven to be the most stable marriage in existence, it's important for her to be well educated, even if her own mother is negligent in the matter.

I explained to her holy matrimony was created for God's Glory. The LORD invented the institution of marriage, creating one flesh out of two (Genesis 2:24), so long as the flesh are taken from one man and one woman (Leviticus 20:13) of the same race and ethnic background (Ezra 9:1-10:44). This is for the man's own good, for a man who is constantly distracted with unmet needs of the flesh will be deaf to the promptings of the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:7). This is for the woman's own good, for childbirth is integral for her Salvation (1 Timothy 2:15), as long as she's not a liar, coward, or slut (Revelation 21:8). This is for the nation's own good, as the LORD will completely ignore the needs of a land of sinners (2 Chronicles 7:14). Ultimately, however, this is for the Glory of God, as all things are (1 Corinthians 10:31).

After this exchange, I prayed and bathed in the Word, and I wondered how can we responsible parents can help our own children from falling into the modern trap of looking for romantic love. The answer, the Holy Ghost answered me, starts with teaching our children the different kinds of "love" God created for our good. The Bible does not refer to romantic love, so it couldn't be all that important anyway. But the Bible does refer to agape and phileo as divinely approved kinds of love. Agape love is sacrificial love. It is the love Jesus demonstrates when He temporarily inconvenienced Himself for those whom He knew would respond appropriately. I recalled Pastor Zeke sharing a sermon on this very topic. This love requires a relationship with Christ, for only through the Holy Ghost can we achieve this standard (Galatians 5:22-23). It is why non believers cannot truly love, even if they do nice things, even if they feel loving. It's not real. It's an illusion. It's actually pretty selfish, but they will know well enough how they rejected the perfect love of Christ and sought instead to appease the desires of their own hearts when the flames of hell tickle those deformed hearts and remind them again and again the Divine Love they had rejected when they had the chance to do the right thing and not be so mean to the Baby Jesus and spit in His eye with their sinful ways and selfish "altruism" and giving to Oxfam and Amnesty International, and Greenpeace and crap like that. But I digress.

Another kind of love the Bible refers to is called phileo love. It is considered "brotherly love." As Pastor Sampson explains, it is what makes us love our Brothers and Sisters in Christ as commanded by Christ, in such a deep and profound way that can never be extended to non believers. You might think of it like the difference between loving your first Bible Group Leader, the man who read with you the Words of the Bible long hours into the night without concern for the time, or what people might think, holding your hand or comforting you when tears of repentance were bottled up inside for too long, knowing that only a physical release of such emotion could unblock the mental and spiritual burdens that had oppressed you body and mind for so long that it might feel like you're loosing your mind but he never did judge you and he never did laugh at your fears or your dreams or your hopes or what you really wanted out of life and why you were afraid to try and get it and he only did whisper touching words of affirmation and support and communicated his sincere feelings in verbal and non verbal ways that you'll never forget as long as you live, vs loving your dog. Only one love is strong, means something, can be reciprocated. The other is merely endorphins than are released by the brain when petting something furry and cute.

Marriage is a union of agape and phileo love, created by God, returned to Him through the institution of marriage. It is not, and never has been, about romance (to those ready to object, citing Song of Solomon, I would implore you to read it in context). In a Godly marriage, the LORD is worshiped by honoring the husband in the home. In the same way we honor the LORD by giving His due (Ecclesiastes 12:13), the wife honors the husband by giving his due (Colossians 3:18). The Godly wife honors the LORD by being open to His blessings (Genesis 1:28), providing fertile ground for her husband's seed (Psalm 127:3-5), and knows how to stay out of a fight (Deuteronomy 25:11). It is ALL about God. In the same way we don't lust after God in a sexual way, we don't lust after our spouses in a sexual way. Mr. Etheldreda honors me by suppressing any ounce of lust he might otherwise naturally feel for me. Our marital union is devoid of all sin, including lust, so that the LORD alone may be Glorified.

My sister isn't talking to me and her children have been told not to respond to my emails or phone calls. Still, I will not give up hope. But even if they are lost to eternal torment and experience insufferable torture for all eternity, if one soul is Saved by reading this, then it will all be worth it!

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

(#2)
Old
Unsaved trash

Full of it Perv Violins Sissy Cry Baby Cancer on Society

nDrew777 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: What Does The Bible Say About Romance? - 09-04-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
My niece recently started high school. As any parent of teenagers knows, romance is always in the air. These little bundles of hormones are at constant battle with sin, and very few will win. True Christian™ parents help their children by showing them the value of arming themselves with the Word of God so they are ready to fight the good fight (Ephesians 6:10-18). And a fight it is. Let's face it, "romance" is just another word for "lust." "Romance" is naught but a fabricated concept the liberals created to get kids hooked on sex. It started with Jane Austen and her heaving bosom story, Sense and Sensibility, and we've only seen it go downhill from there. My poor niece has no idea. My sister voted for Obama - twice - if that gives you any indication of what my dear niece is up against.

I told my sister as much in a recent email exchange. I illustrated to her how the Bible shows us that lust is a shameful sin, a kind of crime of the mind that should be punished brutally and thoroughly. It is a devastating fire that seeks to destroy everything one holds dear (Job 31:11-12). Lust, or "romance" as it is called by liberals, is about instant gratification and selfishness. It is the kind of sin that God can see and punish you for harboring in your heart, whether or not your body acts on it (Matthew 5:27-28). True Christians live a selfless life marked by holy living, as commanded by Christ Himself (1 Peter 1:15-16). As she was talking about having a "crush" on a boy, the nature and function of marriage naturally came up. I explained how there is clearly no room for the unholy concept of "romance" in the True Christian™ marriage. Because True Christian™ marriages are proven to be the most stable marriage in existence, it's important for her to be well educated, even if her own mother is negligent in the matter.

I explained to her holy matrimony was created for God's Glory. The LORD invented the institution of marriage, creating one flesh out of two (Genesis 2:24), so long as the flesh are taken from one man and one woman (Leviticus 20:13) of the same race and ethnic background (Ezra 9:1-10:44). This is for the man's own good, for a man who is constantly distracted with unmet needs of the flesh will be deaf to the promptings of the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:7). This is for the woman's own good, for childbirth is integral for her Salvation (1 Timothy 2:15), as long as she's not a liar, coward, or slut (Revelation 21:8). This is for the nation's own good, as the LORD will completely ignore the needs of a land of sinners (2 Chronicles 7:14). Ultimately, however, this is for the Glory of God, as all things are (1 Corinthians 10:31).

After this exchange, I prayed and bathed in the Word, and I wondered how can we responsible parents can help our own children from falling into the modern trap of looking for romantic love. The answer, the Holy Ghost answered me, starts with teaching our children the different kinds of "love" God created for our good. The Bible does not refer to romantic love, so it couldn't be all that important anyway. But the Bible does refer to agape and phileo as divinely approved kinds of love. Agape love is sacrificial love. It is the love Jesus demonstrates when He temporarily inconvenienced Himself for those whom He knew would respond appropriately. I recalled Pastor Zeke sharing a sermon on this very topic. This love requires a relationship with Christ, for only through the Holy Ghost can we achieve this standard (Galatians 5:22-23). It is why non believers cannot truly love, even if they do nice things, even if they feel loving. It's not real. It's an illusion. It's actually pretty selfish, but they will know well enough how they rejected the perfect love of Christ and sought instead to appease the desires of their own hearts when the flames of hell tickle those deformed hearts and remind them again and again the Divine Love they had rejected when they had the chance to do the right thing and not be so mean to the Baby Jesus and spit in His eye with their sinful ways and selfish "altruism" and giving to Oxfam and Amnesty International, and Greenpeace and crap like that. But I digress.

Another kind of love the Bible refers to is called phileo love. It is considered "brotherly love." As Pastor Sampson explains, it is what makes us love our Brothers and Sisters in Christ as commanded by Christ, in such a deep and profound way that can never be extended to non believers. You might think of it like the difference between loving your first Bible Group Leader, the man who read with you the Words of the Bible long hours into the night without concern for the time, or what people might think, holding your hand or comforting you when tears of repentance were bottled up inside for too long, knowing that only a physical release of such emotion could unblock the mental and spiritual burdens that had oppressed you body and mind for so long that it might feel like you're loosing your mind but he never did judge you and he never did laugh at your fears or your dreams or your hopes or what you really wanted out of life and why you were afraid to try and get it and he only did whisper touching words of affirmation and support and communicated his sincere feelings in verbal and non verbal ways that you'll never forget as long as you live, vs loving your dog. Only one love is strong, means something, can be reciprocated. The other is merely endorphins than are released by the brain when petting something furry and cute.

Marriage is a union of agape and phileo love, created by God, returned to Him through the institution of marriage. It is not, and never has been, about romance (to those ready to object, citing Song of Solomon, I would implore you to read it in context). In a Godly marriage, the LORD is worshiped by honoring the husband in the home. In the same way we honor the LORD by giving His due (Ecclesiastes 12:13), the wife honors the husband by giving his due (Colossians 3:18). The Godly wife honors the LORD by being open to His blessings (Genesis 1:28), providing fertile ground for her husband's seed (Psalm 127:3-5), and knows how to stay out of a fight (Deuteronomy 25:11). It is ALL about God. In the same way we don't lust after God in a sexual way, we don't lust after our spouses in a sexual way. Mr. Etheldreda honors me by suppressing any ounce of lust he might otherwise naturally feel for me. Our marital union is devoid of all sin, including lust, so that the LORD alone may be Glorified.

My sister isn't talking to me and her children have been told not to respond to my emails or phone calls. Still, I will not give up hope. But even if they are lost to eternal torment and experience insufferable torture for all eternity, if one soul is Saved by reading this, then it will all be worth it!

Thanks for this great teaching, sister.
God bless you for your wisdom.
(#3)
Old
Unsaved trash

StarrKingGrad is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.StarrKingGrad is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.StarrKingGrad is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.StarrKingGrad is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: What Does The Bible Say About Romance? - 09-05-2014, 07:44 PM

Does anyone at Landover actually read the Bible, instead of drawing quotes from Evangelical apologist websites?

Tell me, O thou whom my soul loveth, where thou feedest, where thou makest thy flock to rest at noon: for why should I be as one that turneth aside by the flocks of thy companions?
Song of Solomon 1:7

...as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14 (emphasis mine)
(#4)
Old
South of the Border outreach program
True Christian™

Friend of Jesus Ready for the Rapture True Christian™ Real American™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Flat Earth Persecuted Prayer Warrior Kirk Cameron Fan Club Bronze Tither Paula Deen Negro Support Group One Year/1000 posts Touched by Jesus In Love With Zeke TC Bravery 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Christian Love Mower Roper Crossburn Guns, Guts and GLORY! Mission to Korea True Christian Lady Ex-eurotrash Landover Mission to The Mexican Realms Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Saved 1 Year 2015 Witch Hunt Award Pastor Ezekiel Cup of Jesus Crown of Righteousness Crown of Incorruptibility BFF of Jesus Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Saved 5 Years Glory GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Polling for Christ Anti-Biden Midget porn survivor Saved from Communism

Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Basilissa will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What Does The Bible Say About Romance? - 09-05-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrKingGrad View Post
Does anyone at Landover actually read the Bible, instead of drawing quotes from Evangelical apologist websites?
What a funny question, dear! Of course we read the Bible. It is, after all, the only Book worth reading - all the other books either repeat the same thing (which makes them unnecessary) or contradict it (which makes them false).

(#5)
Old
PHD - Theophysicist
Saving The Lost With The Truth Of Applied Theoscience
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS Friend of Jesus True Christian™ Heaven Bound Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork Prayer Warrior Christian Love TC Bravery The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College The Lord’s Witness Wound Early riser True Scientist™ One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Pancake Dinner Crown of Rejoicing Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Mormon outreach preacher extraordinaire Alternative Facts Saved 5 Years Guns, Guts and GLORY! Trump of GOD Crown of Glory BFF of Jesus Wall of Jesus Crown of Righteousness GLORY Proud Team Fortress Denier Anti-Biden

Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Pim Pendergast will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What Does The Bible Say About Romance? - 09-06-2014, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrKingGrad View Post

Tell me, O thou whom my soul loveth, where thou feedest, where thou makest thy flock to rest at noon: for why should I be as one that turneth aside by the flocks of thy companions?
Song of Solomon 1:7
You might be interested to know that the word eros (romantic love/ lust) never occurs in the New Testament. If it was essential to marriage, don't you think the Holy Spirit would have prompted one of the authors to tell us?

Mt 21:42, 44 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes . . . ? And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Find out what the Bible says about: Fortnite: Battle Royale, asexuality, shaving, psychiatry, chronic fatigue syndrome, babies
(#6)
Old
Curry slurping demon

Hellbound Heathen Cherry-picker Bleeding heart liebral Rigged election Uppity Woman/Enabler

Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: What Does The Bible Say About Romance? - 09-06-2014, 04:57 AM

Yes. I am seeing more and more similarities between my heritage (Jainism) and your type of Christian faith. It is very interesting. In my religion romance is not required and intercourse is a tool for childbirth. After a male offspring has been born no intercourse is being recommended. I am revealing some things I probably should not be telling... but also my parents stopped having intercourse after my little brother was born (it is just us two children). Yes. Too much pleasure is ultimately leading to violence and possession of the other person. Yes. Again, so similar, my religion and your Jesus. Is it not beautiful? Yes, it must be!

"Ecclesiastes 3:7
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak."
Yes. Women are saving lives. It is time we are speaking! Yes!
(#7)
Old
True Christian Lady™, Certified Best Friend of Jesus
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Friend of Jesus Prayer Warrior Kirk Cameron Fan Club Cleanest Kitchen Most Obedient Real American™ Pro-Life Paula Deen Negro Support Group Cleanest Kitchen True Christian Homemaker Most Obedient In Love With Zeke True Christian™

Mary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureMary Thompson has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: What Does The Bible Say About Romance? - 09-06-2014, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha Shah View Post
Yes. I am seeing more and more similarities between my heritage (Jainism) and your type of Christian faith. It is very interesting. In my religion romance is not required and intercourse is a tool for childbirth. After a male offspring has been born no intercourse is being recommended. I am revealing some things I probably should not be telling... but also my parents stopped having intercourse after my little brother was born (it is just us two children). Yes. Too much pleasure is ultimately leading to violence and possession of the other person. Yes. Again, so similar, my religion and your Jesus. Is it not beautiful? Yes, it must be!
The difference is, dear, that you will burn in Hell for your false religion while we True Christians ™ shall go to Heaven for following the Bible to the letter. It doesn't matter how many similarities you can find between your false religion and True Christianity™ because if you don't follow Jesus, you will burn in Hell for all eternity.

Besides, the Bible tells us to be fruitful and multiply (Genesis 1:28), why should you stop at one Soldier for Christ™ when you have the ability to create dozens?

God Bless,

Thinking of Abortion?
That fetus will be in Hell, because they never had a chance to repent their sinful ways (Psalms 51:5) (1 Kings 8:46)
Think of the children. Stop being a slut.
(#8)
Old
True Christian™ Lady Extraordinaire, an Honorary Male Biblicist

Christian Love Heaven Bound Most Obedient True Christian Lady True Christian™ Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Kirk Cameron Fan Club Touched by Jesus Quiverful Cleanest Kitchen Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls One Year/1000 posts The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Hatchet Child Rearing Award Ex-Brit Trump of GOD Roper Crossburn Grammar Nazi Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Mission to Messico Hands Off Saved 1 Year 2015 Witch Hunt Award In Love With Zeke Pro-Life Ex-eurotrash Persecuted Stamp of Approval Mower Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Polling for Christ Crown of Incorruptibility God's chosen ones Anti-Biden True Christian Beauty Midget porn survivor Crown of Rejoicing

Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Joanna Lytton-Vasey will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What Does The Bible Say About Romance? - 09-06-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha Shah View Post
Yes. I am seeing more and more similarities between my heritage (Jainism) and your type of Christian faith.
I don't understand your reference to "type" of Christian faith. There is only one True Christian faith: the one that follows the Holy Bible (KJV 1611). All the others are false and an abomination and should not be described as Christian. Whatever Janism is, it sounds foreign and to wish you well would be contrary to 2 John 1:9-11 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!
(#9)
Old
Curry slurping demon

Hellbound Heathen Cherry-picker Bleeding heart liebral Rigged election Uppity Woman/Enabler

Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: What Does The Bible Say About Romance? - 09-06-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey View Post
I don't understand your reference to "type" of Christian faith. There is only one True Christian faith: the one that follows the Holy Bible (KJV 1611). All the others are false and an abomination and should not be described as Christian. Whatever Janism is, it sounds foreign and to wish you well would be contrary to 2 John 1:9-11 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
Yes, Mrs. Lytton-Vasey. You must be right. Your Christianity is the truth. Yes. It is so fascinating. We are sharing the same material world and its truths. I am also trying to share your truths in your spirituality. But, I must confess, I am trying to share other spiritualities at the same time. Yes, I am trying to understand your Christianity, my Jainism and the secular spirituality and harmonise them in my mind, eh? Seems like I'm going crazy, probably. Yes, I probably am.

That is why I write "yes" all the time. I know it can be offending. Yes. But to say "yes" to everything. Not to like, not to agree necessarily but to say "yes" - I acknowledge, I accept it exists as a truth, I recognise, I understand.

Yes!

"Ecclesiastes 3:7
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak."
Yes. Women are saving lives. It is time we are speaking! Yes!
(#10)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Real American™ Friend of Jesus Heaven Bound True Christian™ Christian Love Persecuted Porn Resistant Guns, Guts and GLORY! Tell her once Ex-Masturbator True Christian Caucasian Sons of Liberty Proud Niglet Sponsorer Prayer Warrior Paula Deen Negro Support Group Early riser Super Soaker Baptism Award One Year/1000 posts Teabag Patriot True Christian Hotrodder Trump of GOD Roper Crossburn Donald Trump 2016! 2015 Witch Hunt Award Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A True Christian Nerd Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars

Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What Does The Bible Say About Romance? - 09-07-2014, 01:15 AM

Saying "yes" all the time is how sinful hussies get pregnant out of wedlock, thus ensuring eternal damnation for both her and her bastard whelp.

Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
(#11)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Cherry-picker Full of it

Preacher1 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Preacher1 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Preacher1 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Preacher1 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: What Does The Bible Say About Romance? - 11-20-2014, 05:18 AM

The Bible says Romance is Wrong! 1 Corinthians 7:1
(#12)
Old
True Christian™
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture Real American™ Friend of Jesus Heaven Bound True Christian™ Christian Love Persecuted Porn Resistant Guns, Guts and GLORY! Tell her once Ex-Masturbator True Christian Caucasian Sons of Liberty Proud Niglet Sponsorer Prayer Warrior Paula Deen Negro Support Group Early riser Super Soaker Baptism Award One Year/1000 posts Teabag Patriot True Christian Hotrodder Trump of GOD Roper Crossburn Donald Trump 2016! 2015 Witch Hunt Award Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A True Christian Nerd Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars

Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Des will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What Does The Bible Say About Romance? - 11-20-2014, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher1 View Post
And what does the very next line say, you God-mocking atheist poser?

1 Corinthians 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

True Christians™ read the Bible in context.

Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
(#13)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Friend of Jesus Heaven Bound Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Prayer Warrior Best stoning bucket A for Effort One Year/1000 posts Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Mission to Messico 2015 Witch Hunt Award

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: What Does The Bible Say About Romance? - 11-20-2014, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher1 View Post
Extra, ungodly feelings, as you quoted are. But a godly, loving all the Lord's commandments marriage is acceptable and to be respected!

"Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." Proverbs 14:1
(#14)
Old
Dyed-in-the-wool True Christian™
True Christian™

True Christian™ Christian Love Real American™ Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Porn Resistant True Republican The Lord’s Witness Wound Pro-Life Ex-liberal Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Flat Earth Tell her once Guns, Guts and GLORY! Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior TC Bravery True Christian Hotrodder Tagging for Jesus Paula Deen Negro Support Group Early riser Touched by Jesus 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Mission to Korea Anti-sodomy Mission to Messico Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Sheep Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Chili Chemtrail

Faith_Machine will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Faith_Machine will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Faith_Machine will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Faith_Machine will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Faith_Machine will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Faith_Machine will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Faith_Machine will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Faith_Machine will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Faith_Machine will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Faith_Machine will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Faith_Machine will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What Does The Bible Say About Romance? - 11-26-2014, 09:05 PM

Dating is not in the Bible! Dating serves no Godly purpose. Romance should only occur in the context of formal courtship, with the goal being marriage, NOT getting your rocks off!

WARNING:
In accordance with article 7 of the Swaggart Amendment to the Landover Baptist Church Constitution, you are hereby notified that this forum user is a
REGISTERED SPIRITUAL PREDATOR, and prohibited from sending or receiving personal messages, text messages, or instant messages to forum users below the rank of True Christian™. This user is further prohibited from engaging with any persons in real-time audio or video "chats" via Web cams, Skype, Facetime, or any other Internet audio/video technology or service.
(#15)
Old
Completely CRAZY for the Lord
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Heaven Bound Mission to Australia Christian Love Real American™ Friend of Jesus Flat Earth TC Bravery The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking One Year/1000 posts Best stoning bucket True Christian Lady Pro-Life True Scientist™ True Christian™ True Christian Artist True Christian Beauty Most Obedient Batman Shooting Survivor Kangi Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Early riser Nuts for JESUS! Touched by Jesus Color wheel Trumpette Anti-sodomy Hands Off 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College 4th Year Bible College Saved 5 Years Stamp of Approval Tagging for Jesus In Love With Zeke BFF of Jesus God's chosen ones Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts Grammar Nazi GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Saved 10 Years Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Polling for Christ Anti-Biden Midget porn survivor Aardvark

MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!MitzaLizalor will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: What Does The Bible Say About Romance? - 11-15-2016, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
I told my sister as much in a recent email exchange. I illustrated to her how the Bible shows us that lust is a shameful sin, a kind of crime of the mind that should be punished brutally and thoroughly. It is a devastating fire that seeks to destroy everything one holds dear (Job 31:11-12). Lust, or "romance" as it is called by liberals, is about instant gratification and selfishness.
JOB 31 . KJV . look up
If mine heart have been deceived by a woman, or if I have laid wait at my neighbour's door;
10 Then let my wife grind unto another, and let others bow down upon her.
Job is a great book, Mrs Etheldreda, and your niece is very fortunate to have your advice available. How sad that the mother is averse to God's witness. Romance as done by those who reject the true historical record miss out on so much in particular the facts of "a crush" and the consequences of allowing such appetites into one's life.

Of course Job was already married but he recognised the risks associated with living in a world where The Adversary is active. Satan is that adversary. Satan opposes God at every opportunity. Satan is the overarching principal under whose relentless gaze lust and eroticism and hiding outside neighbours doors live and move and excite him.

Deception is one root for this. Springing up as in the case of Eve or pre-existing in harlots Job was clear what should happen to his wife if he was snared by the deceptive spirit. Your niece in "crush" mode will have few thoughts other than others bowing down upon her as the crush becomes creep and new crushes arise. God is clear that this behaviour is deceptive and that to be deceived is a sin.

Being deceived is the severest of transgressions having had catastrophic consequences for all humanity in the case of Eve.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .EVIDENCE
I TIMOTHY 2 . KJV . look up
Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Satan has no limits when it comes to exploiting the base appetites and sending "crush" demons is particularly aimed to cause most harm.
.Satan is the root of this concerning behaviour.
PROVERBS 5 . KJV . look up
3-5
The lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil: But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a twoedged sword. Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell.
6-8 Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them. Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth. Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house:

Satan is tormenting your family for a reason.
.Once the crush demon gets a foothold he knows what will happen next.
..The ruin of young men is foremost in his plan.
...God knows too and warns us.
PROVERBS 7 . KJV . context
6b-8
I looked through my casement, And beheld among the simple ones,
I discerned among the youths, a young man void of understanding, Passing through the street near her corner; and he went the way to her house
9-27 In the twilight, in the evening, in the black and dark night: And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtil of heart.
She is loud and stubborn; her feet abide not in her house: Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.
So she caught him, and kissed him, and with an impudent face said unto him, I have peace offerings with me; this day have I payed my vows. Therefore came I forth to meet thee, diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee. I have decked my bed with coverings of tapestry, with carved works, with fine linen of Egypt. I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon. Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves. For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey: He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed. With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him. He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks; Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life. Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth. Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths. For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.
Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.

Satan is very keen for your niece to become that woman.
.Evidently the mother is similarly inclined.
..Where people deny God's authority He underlines that error as in the case of Job who did not in fact deny God's power so the bar is set low.
JOB 1 . KJV . whole chapter
While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said, Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house:
19 And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
20 Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,

And whereas Job accepted what God did to him, or more particularly to his children, your wretched niece seems to have transgressed beyond that level Mrs Etheldreda. Job worshipped God. He did not cut off communication indeed the rest of the book describes rather copious levels of communication mainly in the form of "friends" turning up and in with the disparaging remarks. I have no doubt that people will condemn your efforts to minimise the risk of HELL FOREVER for family members just as Job was condemned, as we are mocked as followers of Christ as He Himself was mocked.

There is only one reason for a "crush" which God has explained in the passages I've posted and which remains relevant today. The mother clearly knows this and seeks to prevent God's instruction reaching her daughter. I will include a prayer request for your witness to bear fruit.