X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of help furthering my christian knowledge.

I was wondering if I could get a little insight into something Ive been wondering for a while now......Why are we christians so against magic if King Soloman was a wizard himslef?

Re: In need of help furthering my christian knowledge.

Can someone please reply to this. I would really enjoy some insight into this question of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by whitesrule View Post
      I was wondering if I could get a little insight into something Ive been wondering for a while now......Why are we christians so against magic if King Soloman was a wizard himslef?
      If you were a Christian you would know that Solomon was no wizard. Are you a Hairy Potter fan come in here to stir up trouble?

Ex.22:18
      Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Lev.19:26, 31
      ... neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times. ... Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

Dt.18:10-11
      There shall not be found among you any one ... that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

2 Kg.21:6
      He ... observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the LORD.

Miracles are fine, because god does that. Magic is satan's efforts to tempt us.

Now I think you'd better start praying for Jesus to accept you, son. Read your Bible and you may just avoid spending eternity bobbing in a lake of fire.
      Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
        If you were a Christian you would know that Solomon was no wizard. Are you a Hairy Potter fan come in here to stir up trouble?

Ex.22:18
        Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Lev.19:26, 31
        ... neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times. ... Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

Dt.18:10-11
        There shall not be found among you any one ... that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

2 Kg.21:6
        He ... observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the LORD.

Miracles are fine, because god does that. Magic is satan's efforts to tempt us.

Now I think you'd better start praying for Jesus to accept you, son. Read your Bible and you may just avoid spending eternity bobbing in a lake of fire.
        Im sorry to disappoint u sir but I didnt come in here to start up trouble....And yes I am a Harry Potter fan but just because I enjoy reading about him doesnt mean Im going to grab a stick and go around shoutinglatin words all over the place.....no I really was just curious....Im still reading parts of the bible....I just got done with thr book 1 Kings.....It was very interestingand informative.......Ive also read boooks Genisi Exodus Levticus and Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by whitesrule View Post
          Im sorry to disappoint u sir but I didnt come in here to start up trouble....And yes I am a Harry Potter fan but just because I enjoy reading about him doesnt mean Im going to grab a stick and go around shoutinglatin words all over the place.....no I really was just curious....Im still reading parts of the bible....I just got done with thr book 1 Kings.....It was very interestingand informative.......Ive also read boooks Genisi Exodus Levticus and Mark.
          Well I'm glad to hear that you are at least making an attempt to study God's Holy Word. I'll advise you to ignore all other versions but the KJV1611 Authorized Bible. All others are false translations.

Also, in case you didn't know it, Hairy Potter is of satan.
          Who Will Jesus Damn?

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

It's odd too,that Christians are so against mediums making contact with spirits - but they want us to believe that JC was a spirit.
            In order to be old & wise,you must first be young & stupid.

Comment

Actually, Zeke, at the end of the Solomon book, biblical Solomon did not believe in the biblical god. He became a Pagan.

1 Kings 11 4-5:

4For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father. 5For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.
              Last edited by Rachael Van Helsing; 07-26-2007, 05:33 AM.
              sigpic
              Wake up and smell the 21st Century!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rachael Van Helsing View Post
                Actually, Zeke, at the end of the Solomon book, biblical Solomon did not believe in the biblical god. He became a Pagan.
                What do you expect from a damned joo.
                Who Will Jesus Damn?

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
                  What do you expect from a damned joo.
                  But weren't you just defending Solomon before?
                  sigpic
                  Wake up and smell the 21st Century!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rachael Van Helsing View Post
                    But weren't you just defending Solomon before?
                    All I said was, he wasn't a wizard, as the hellbound fool had claimed. Pay attention, witch.
                    Who Will Jesus Damn?

Comment

Working...
                    X