• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Birth of the Papacy

Originally posted by John Bois Ward View Post
    Of course not, Jesus spoke Latin.
    Originally posted by MAYATOLA View Post
    Jesus spoke aramaic;
    Actually you are both correct. Because Jesus is also God (and also the Holy Ghost), He can speak any language He wants. I have it on good authority that once we True Christians(tm) get to Heaven, we'll be able to speak any language we want too!
    Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
      Actually you are both correct. Because Jesus is also God (and also the Holy Ghost), He can speak any language He wants. I have it on good authority that once we True Christians™ get to Heaven, we'll be able to speak any language we want too!
      Why would anybody want to speak any non-English language?

Proverbs 23:14- "Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell."

All Unsaved Trash: Read this before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tertius The Scribe View Post
        Why would anybody want to speak any non-English language?
        Well, back in the day, very few people could speak it. Of course now it's the obvious fact that American is God's favorite language, but Jesus still has to be able to rebuke unsaved scum in their native tongue. In the course of my missionary work to the Orients I have picked up quite a few of their phrases. See my bio HERE.
        Who Will Jesus Damn?

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Well, back in the day, very few people could speak it. Of course now it's the obvious fact that American is God's favorite language, but Jesus still has to be able to rebuke unsaved scum in their native tongue. In the course of my missionary work to the Orients I have picked up quite a few of their phrases. See my bio HERE.
          Let's just hope you don't pick up a wetback dictionary anytime soon and are forced to minister to them as well.

Proverbs 23:14- "Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell."

All Unsaved Trash: Read this before posting.

Comment

And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
            And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
            YIC
            Whosoever he be that doth rebel against thy commandment, and will not hearken unto thy words in all that thou commandest him, he shall be put to death: only be strong and of a good courage.
            Joshua 1:18

Comment

Originally posted by Zephaniah View Post
              The Papacy was the body that took over the original Catholic church. The Catholic church was the first attempt at unifying Christianity to any real scale (and began in the third or fourth century), but it was instigated by power mad pagans who knew what was coming to them. The idea was that all Christians should be orthodox, that is "simple, straight forward in thought" and that the church should be Catholic, that is "Universal". However, since this was little more than a ploy for sodomite Roman pagans to avert the wrath of God (which failed miserably) the Catholic Church, although seemingly good-intentioned, has been redalent with faggotry and satanism throughout its whole lifespan.

Sources plz don't just talk or make up any type of gibberish.

You forgot to talk about Martin Luther

God Bless
              Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. 11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. 12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy714 View Post
                Sources plz don't just talk or make up any type of gibberish.
                Damasus invented the concept of papal succession in the 4th century.

You forgot to talk about Martin Luther
                Luther had some excellent points. They still haunt your church to this very day.
                Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

[
                  QUOTE=Pastor Ezekiel;328103]Well, back in the day, very few people could speak it. Of course now it's the obvious fact that American is God's favorite language,
                  American is not a language its a country english is the language that we speak in in the United States .

but Jesus still has to be able to rebuke unsaved scum in their native tongue.
                  Wasn't scripture in latin and greek? So scripture was also translated to our native tongue don't you think? And what makes you think that you are saved do you know what God thinks or do you now portrait him?

In the course of my missionary work to the Orients I have picked up quite a few of their phrases.
                  The way you express yourself about your fellow neighbor just makes me wonder what type on congregation you are actually running. You are in no way meek and pride just runs threw you something that I think God wouldn't approve.

God Bless
                  Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. 11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. 12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Comment

Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post
                    Damasus invented the concept of papal succession in the 4th century.

Luther had some excellent points. They still haunt your church to this very day.
                    No they actually don't they just reaffirmed our Catholic belief.

Remember Luther wanted to reform the Church but he failed horribly but that opened all sorts of doors for other people to put in there 2 cents and now we have all this mess.

God Bless

Comment

Remember Luther wanted to reform the Church but he failed horribly but that opened all sorts of doors for other people to put in there 2 cents and now we have all this mess.

God Bless
                      How many times have you been sodomized by a "father," Eddy?
                      Who Will Jesus Damn?

Comment

Originally posted by Tertius The Scribe View Post
                        Let's just hope you don't pick up a wetback dictionary anytime soon and are forced to minister to them as well.

You don't have to worry about that wetbacks are Catholic

Plus we don't listen to right wing wackos either

God Bless

Comment

How many times have you been sodomized by a "father," Eddy?

None Pastor what makes you think I would be.

So am I welcomed here because I keep receiving messages that are not that welcoming.

I want to learn the truth that you proclaim but all I see is bigotry and hatred if thats what you congregation is all about I don't want no part of it.

Thank You God Bless

Comment

No, they just blew it out of the water. The "papacy of Rome" didn't exist until 300 years after Peter died. Your first "Pope" was also a murderer and a whoremonger.

No doubt Satan spends extra time with the monster Damasus every day.

Damasus was the first bishop of Rome to invoke the "Petrine text" (Matthew 16:18) in terms that sought to establish a serious theological and scriptural foundation on which the primacy of the Roman church could be based. From Damasus onwards, there is a marked increase in the volume and importance of claims of authority and primacy from the Roman bishops.

God Bless
                            And the catlicks tried to kill anyone who even attempted to reform their madness. Do you really want a history lesson on the Roman Catholic church?
                            Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE]
                              Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post
                              No, they just blew it out of the water. The "papacy of Rome" didn't exist until 300 years after Peter died. Your first "Pope" was also a murderer and a whoremonger.
                              The papacy existed sine Jesus talked to Peter you now wanting to acknowledge that is another thing. Give me sources and plz no anti catholic ones?

No doubt Satan spends extra time with the monster Damasus every day.
                              Yea and he might spend it with Luther also lol.

Damasus was the first bishop of Rome to invoke the "Petrine text" (Matthew 16:18) in terms that sought to establish a serious theological and scriptural foundation on which the primacy of the Roman church could be based. From Damasus onwards, there is a marked increase in the volume and importance of claims of authority and primacy from the Roman bishops.

So then if it says it in the Bible.Why aren't you Catholic? Don't you follow what the Bible says or are you disobedient when it comes to that verse?

And the catlicks tried to kill anyone who even attempted to reform their madness. Do you really want a history lesson on the Roman Catholic church?[
                              They tried to kill all the heretics that were twisting the verses and sentences in the Bible so they could use it towards there favor. But obviously it didn't work Martin Luther deleted 7 books of the old testament, and he said that by faith alone you would be saved and that the Bible is the only authority Sola Scriptura which they are both unbiblical don't you think? Even that is what you follow can you explain to me Tes 2:15?

And can you also tell me in the Bible where it says that the Bible is the authority?

I thought it was the Church the Pillar Of Truth?

Protestants also have a violent history from the massacre of indians, too mis treatment of slaves and the salem witch hunt?

Trust me I know my Catholic history you can teach an old dog new tricks

Comment

The papacy existed sine Jesus talked to Peter you now wanting to acknowledge that is another thing. Give me sources and plz no anti catholic ones?
                                Way to move the goalposts. You ask for a source. You attack my source as being anti-catholic.

The papacy has existed since the murderous whoremonger "St." Damasus declared it to be so. I maintain my stance.

Yea and he might spend it with Luther also lol.
                                Don't diminish what Luther did. He risked everything to expose the catholic monstrosity for what it was.
                                So then if it says it in the Bible.Why aren't you Catholic? Don't you follow what the Bible says or are you disobedient when it comes to that verse?
                                Did Jesus say, "I'm going to make you the Pope and your palace will be in Rome."?

No, He did not. Just because Peter may or may have not died in Rome does not make him the bishop of the place.

If anything, the bishop of Jerusalem or at least Antioch should be the final authority.
                                They tried to kill all the heretics that were twisting the verses and sentences in the Bible so they could use it towards there favor. But obviously it didn't work Martin Luther deleted 7 books of the old testament,
                                Luther did not delete any books of the Bible. I demand a link that says he did.

and he said that by faith alone you would be saved and that the Bible is the only authority Sola Scriptura which they are both unbiblical don't you think?
                                No I don't think the doctrine of Sola Scriptura is unbiblical at all. I have spoken ad naseum about it with Catholics for years.

Shall we?

Even that is what you follow can you explain to me Tes 2:15?
                                No, I cannot, considering no such verse exists.

And can you also tell me in the Bible where it says that the Bible is the authority?
                                1 Corinthians 4:6 6And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Acts 17:11-12 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
                                Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.
                                [/quote]

Protestants also have a violent history from the massacre of indians,
                                A drop in the bucket compared to the wholesale savage culturacide brought on by the Spaniards and Portuguese.

too mis treatment of slaves and the salem witch hunt?
                                Slavery is a biblical principle. The only reason the negroes were brought over in the first place is because a Spanish catholic priest warned that the injuns were no good as slaves.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X