X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Engaged!

Praise God! Samuel proposed last night! After dinner, I served Samuel some beef, pork, chicken, and bacon pie. He had two slices, then grabbed my wrist, looked me right in the eyes, and told me that I was going to marry him. All I could do was smile and nod my head.

I'm so happy to finally find a man who will take me off my father's hands, put up with me, and help me find Salvation!

If this is in the wrong section, I apologize and will ask Samuel to punish me in an appropriate manner.
    And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
    Deuteronomy 6.5

Re: I'm Engaged!

Originally posted by Esther B. View Post
    Praise God! Samuel proposed last night! After dinner, I served Samuel some beef, pork, chicken, and bacon pie. He had two slices, then grabbed my wrist, looked me right in the eyes, and told me that I was going to marry him. All I could do was smile and nod my head.

I'm so happy to finally find a man who will take me off my father's hands, put up with me, and help me find Salvation!

If this is in the wrong section, I apologize and will ask Samuel to punish me in an appropriate manner.
    Congratulations, my dear!

However, remember, that there is a difference between getting engaged and getting married. Some ladies in our congregation have spent years engaged, and while you're getting older engaged, your future husband might develop an interest in somebody younger and prettier.

I pray that your engagement will be short, ending in a proper wedding soon!!.
    God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
    True Christians are Perfect!
    True Christian™ Love.
    Salvation™ made Easy!
    You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
    Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
    Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
    Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
    Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
    The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
    Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
    God HATES Rational Thinking!
    True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

How romantic, and what wonderful news! You're such a lucky woman. Just think...another year from now you'll be raising your first little Soldier in Christ!
      Let Jesus Christ Wash You Clean
      in 2016

Comment

Congratulations Esther! I hope the two of you will be happy.

Perhaps you will be so kind to post the recipe of your beef, pork, chicken, and bacon pie in the Basic Recipes thread? It looks like an awesome combination. Did you use only meat, making the crust with the bacon?

Kind regards,

Roland
        Jeremiah 6:21 Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will lay stumblingblocks before this people, and the fathers and the sons together shall fall upon them; the neighbour and his friend shall perish.

Best wishes for the people in Ukraine.

Comment

Congratulations, Esther! I thought it was very sweet, the way that Samuel asked for advice here on the pretense that he was asking "for a friend". I'm so happy that we were able to guide him in the right direction, so you were spared the embarrassment of unwanted drama or vulgar jewelry.

But please, please, pay attention to Sister Basilissa's warning.

Rest assured that we are all praying for a successful outcome for you, dear.

YiC
          Joanna
          Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!

Comment

Esther, sweet sister! I'm overjoyed to hear that God is answering my prayers for your Salvation through childbirth! Please do your best to make it a short engagement, unlike our darling Sister Daisy's engagement (whose future is held in the God and the Godly Pastor Zeke's hands). Let me know what I can do to help prepare for your wedding. 1 John 3:18, "My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth." As a gift, I shipped over a new pretty tablecloth that I made to help prepare for your wedding.
            "Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." Proverbs 14:1

Comment

I am curious to hear what was the reaction of all the others when he proposed?
              PRAISE THE LORD ALMIGHTY!
              Revelation 21:8

Animal Rights - A Christian Perspective
              Satan’s new technology – Black is even darker than before

Comment

Thank you for your prayers and kind words, everyone! I am hoping that the engagement will be short so we can start creating Soldiers for Christ ASAP (after the wedding, of course).

Thank you for the tablecloth, Sister Elizabeth! I look forward to receiving it!

Brother Marko, my family and his were very happy when he proposed. I think my father is glad that I'll be out of his hair.

I have one question, though. Samuel's sister is saying that if she gets engaged soon, she wants a triple wedding with her and her suitor (who will hopefully be her future husband), her cousin and his future wife (the ones mentioned in Samuel's recent thread), and Samuel and I. Would this be acceptable? I don't think it is, but I'd like a second and wiser opinion.
                And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
                Deuteronomy 6.5

Comment

It's not up to you. It's not up to his sister. It's up to Samuel. If Samuel wants to marry at the same ceremony as his sister and cousin, it's his business.
                  sigpic

Comment

I have one question, though. Samuel's sister is saying that IF she gets engaged soon, she wants a triple wedding with her and her suitor (who will hopefully be her future husband), her cousin and his future wife (the ones mentioned in Samuel's recent thread), and Samuel and I. Would this be acceptable? I don't think it is, but I'd like a second and wiser opinion.
                    I have highlighted an important word in that question, Esther dear. The sort of uppity young woman who is talking about what she wants may well turn into an old maid. If you wait for her to be married, you may wait a long, long time.

Personally I think a triple wedding sounds perfectly ghastly, the sort of event that might take place in areas where people traditionally marry close blood-relatives or farm animals You know what I mean - Kentucky, East Anglia, New Zealand. But it is entirely up to the menfolk to decide.
                    Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!

Comment

Thank you for your prayers and kind words, everyone! I am hoping that the engagement will be short so we can start creating Soldiers for Christ ASAP (after the wedding, of course).

Thank you for the tablecloth, Sister Elizabeth! I look forward to receiving it!

Brother Marko, my family and his were very happy when he proposed. I think my father is glad that I'll be out of his hair.

I have one question, though. Samuel's sister is saying that if she gets engaged soon, she wants a triple wedding with her and her suitor (who will hopefully be her future husband), her cousin and his future wife (the ones mentioned in Samuel's recent thread), and Samuel and I. Would this be acceptable? I don't think it is, but I'd like a second and wiser opinion.
                      Esther, one thing you will learn very fast in your marriage, is that the decisions are not yours to make. Your job is to obey your husband and master. So if he wants to move to God forsaken Las Vegas, you have to follow. If he wants to make you sin and spread your legs for his friends (I would never expect Samuel to do so, but I'm just making a point) you need to do so. If he wants ham for dinner instead of bacon, so be it. And if he wants to marry with his family members, then he will get what he and the other men want. Remember Ephesians 5:22 which tells you in no uncertain terms, "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord."

Your sister in Christ,
                      Elizabeth
                      "Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." Proverbs 14:1

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Farmer View Post
                        It's not up to you. It's not up to his sister. It's up to Samuel. If Samuel wants to marry at the same ceremony as his sister and cousin, it's his business.
                        You are absolutely correct, Brother Jim! I've pointed this thread out to Samuel and he is currently talking to his father about it.

Originally posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey View Post
                        I have highlighted an important word in that question, Esther dear. The sort of uppity young woman who is talking about what she wants may well turn into an old maid. If you wait for her to be married, you may wait a long, long time.

Personally I think a triple wedding sounds perfectly ghastly, the sort of event that might take place in areas where people traditionally marry close blood-relatives or farm animals You know what I mean - Kentucky, East Anglia, New Zealand. But it is entirely up to the menfolk to decide.
                        Very true, Sister. I have warned Michel about her uppity behavior in the past, and she goes back to being obedient for a while, but then she gets uppity again. I'm not sure if her current suitor is capable of keeping her under control.

Originally posted by Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson View Post
                        Esther, one thing you will learn very fast in your marriage, is that the decisions are not yours to make. Your job is to obey your husband and master. So if he wants to move to God forsaken Las Vegas, you have to follow. If he wants to make you sin and spread your legs for his friends (I would never expect Samuel to do so, but I'm just making a point) you need to do so. If he wants ham for dinner instead of bacon, so be it. And if he wants to marry with his family members, then he will get what he and the other men want. Remember Ephesians 5:22 which tells you in no uncertain terms, "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord."

Your sister in Christ,
                        Elizabeth
                        Of course, Sister! Thank you for the reminder!
                        Deuteronomy 6.5

Comment

After a quick talk with my father, it has been decided that if Michel's suitor proposes soon, we will NOT be having a triple wedding. If he doesn't propose anytime soon, there will NOT be a double wedding with my cousin and his future wife and Esther and I. I personally find multiple weddings at once to be stupid and necessary (no offense to any True Christian(TM) who had a double wedding).

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel Hubbard View Post
                            After a quick talk with my father, it has been decided that if Michel's suitor proposes soon, we will NOT be having a triple wedding. If he doesn't propose anytime soon, there will NOT be a double wedding with my cousin and his future wife and Esther and I. I personally find multiple weddings at once to be stupid and necessary (no offense to any True Christian™ who had a double wedding).
                            I hate to be pushy, but I am so excited to see True Christian romance in the air! Have you spoken yet with Pastor Zeke, the best Best Man, and Sister Daisy, a wonderful bridesmaid? Also, Brother Samuel, I sent Esther a table cloth, and you a paddle like my husband's that has Ephesians 5:22 on it. Hopefully you won't have to use it too much!

Comment

It's about time, woman. Most here have been thinking you'd become an old maid. There's been too much prattling. Maybe this will settle you down.
                              God judgeth the righteous, And God is angry with the wicked every day- Psalm 7:11

Comment

Working...
                              X