X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why Roman Catholic Papists Are NOT Christians

Originally posted by Totus Tuus Mater View Post
    Why can't everyone just focus on what unites us?

We believe in one God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.
    And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all worlds, God of God, Light of Light, Very God of Very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father by whom all things were made; who for us men, and for our salvation, came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the Virgin Mary, and was made man, and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate. He suffered and was buried, and the third day he rose again according to the Scriptures, and ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of the Father. And he shall come again with glory to judge both the quick and the dead, whose kingdom shall have no end.

So instead of judging everyone leave it up to God, to claim to know God's is mind is to claim to be God himself, which I'm sure is not your intention.
    You left out believing in the holy Catlick Church, and the communion of the saints, now you are taking away parts of your own creed? Well, it doesn't surprise me, since the Catlicks seem to not have any problem ignoring the parts of the Bible that make them itch and twitch, and interpreting things to their own convinience...
    Bringing Geology back to Christ!

I believe Dr. Hovind to be completely innocent of the alleged crime of "tax evasion", and furthermore believe Hovind's 10 year sentence to be patently unjust and based upon an effort to silence his ministry.

Comment

What a clever munchkin! You know the later part of the Nicene creed!

The reason I left out the later part was because I knew baptists wouldn't agree with it (even though I do), emphasising the point I was making that we should focus on what beliefs we share rather than ripping each other apart, I have lots of protestant friends and we accept our differences as well as what unites us. How much do you actually know about Catholicism? A

Comment

The reason I left out the later part was because I knew baptists wouldn't agree with it (even though I do), emphasising the point I was making that we should focus on what beliefs we share rather than ripping each other apart, I have lots of protestant friends and we accept our differences as well as what unites us. How much do you actually know about Catholicism? A
        I know it will make you burn in Hell... read this whole thread and you'll see why. Also, check this website, for information about why Cathoholicism is unscriptural, and therefore doomed http://www.chick.com/information/religions/catholicism/
        Bringing Geology back to Christ!

I believe Dr. Hovind to be completely innocent of the alleged crime of "tax evasion", and furthermore believe Hovind's 10 year sentence to be patently unjust and based upon an effort to silence his ministry.

Comment

So, you would have us stand by whilst you stride down the easy road to Hell? That is not what the Lord wants. He wants His every Word to be followed – He wants nothing added and nothing taken away – we’re here to advise of His Commandments and wishes.

that we should focus on what beliefs we share
          No! No! If we believe it then it is correct. If you believe anything else, you’re hell-bound. How’s that for a compromise Mary Worshipper?

I have lots of protestant friends
          Let me tell you friend, you have NO protestant friends. Friends are people who help you and you help them. If they help you, unless they are True Christians, they are encouraging you to spit in the face of The Lord. If you, as a catlick, help them, you are teaching the ways of Satan. The Mother of Whoredoms has spent millennia traducing the Word of The Lord to suit their own satanic ends and their worship of Mammon. The acolytes of the apostate church are indoctrinated from birth and march to the tune of the antichrist, the vicar of Rome.

How much do you actually know about Catholicism?
          Those who fight the devil know all his ways.
          sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
          Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

I just saw this ad under the Creation Science forum—I think it settles the issue. Notice how there is NO OVERLAP between the two bars!

sigpic

Comment

I just realized that what we've been discussing in this thread is really Ways In Which Roman Catholic Papists Are NOT Christians, not Why Roman Catholic Papists Are NOT Christians. Of course, it is important to document that Catholics aren't Christians, and I thank Pastor Zeke for raising the issue. At the same time, I do think we should address the issue as posed in the title of the thread.

So, why aren't Catholics Christians? That's simple. They aren't Christians because they don't love God.

Pour out thy fury upon the heathen that know thee not, and upon the families that call not on thy name.... Jeremiah 10:25

Comment

I happen to be Catholic. I have many friends who are Catholic, many who are Baptist, and many who subscribe to other Christian denominations. Who cares?! No matter how each religion views each of the other religions, it all boils down to this: we all claim to be Christian, we all believe in God, and we are all trying to do our best to get to Heaven. Perhaps if we all would spend more time focusing on what we have in common, rather than dwelling on the relatively small number of things that are different, then maybe there would be less conflict in the world. In my understanding, no Christian - no one who considers oneself to be Christian - would take joy in willfully attacking other people. It is my understanding that no Christian religion promotes ridicule, insults, discourtesy, or lies as being the pathway to Heaven. And indeed, good Christians, whatever denomination, would try to treat all people with great respect, since they are, after all, creations of God. And besides, I don't think any religion ever gained true converts through acts of disrespect. Rather, people are most likely to convert if they are shown love and kindness. Everybody, please treat everyone else with the respect they deserve.

Comment

For example, I object to being labelled as "unsaved trash".

Comment

I believe it is because they strayed from The Path, that is they chose to interperet the Bible through all of there False Prophet Popes. Popes and Mary, simple as that. True Christians™ don't need an intermediary betwen themselves and God, whether it is the purported Mother of God or some old Euro in a housedress and a silly hat. And they certainly don't need a Papist woman questioning their FAITH.
                    A Faithful Servant of the Lord sent by God to help Save The Future!

Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth. Revelation 2:16
                    sigpic
                    A MAN, A PLAN, A PLATFORM, A FORD TRUCK, SLEDGE!

Comment

Originally posted by ahannah View Post
                      For example, I object to being labelled as "unsaved trash".
                      But you are, dear. You are.

All Catholics are Mary-worshipping, pagan scum who spit in the face of Jesus by worshipping his DEAD mother, and fondle "relics" of dead "saints". How disrespectful (and disgusting, not to mention unhygienic) is that?

Why not read the first post in this thread and see if you can comprehend what it says? I realize that you're female, but I can grasp it, so you should be able to, as well.

Pastor Ezekiel writes so well, even we ladies can understand his meanings.
                      www.palibandaily.com - Your Christian News Source
                      Huckabee/Palin Gingrich 2012 will reclaim America for Christ! PRAISE!

Christian Ladies:
                      Savor your separation in style at the Monthly Visitor!

Comment

Originally posted by JennyD View Post
                        But you are, dear. You are.

All Catholics are Mary-worshipping, pagan scum who spit in the face of Jesus by worshipping his DEAD mother, and fondle "relics" of dead "saints". How disrespectful (and disgusting, not to mention unhygienic) is that?

Why not read the first post in this thread and see if you can comprehend what it says? I realize that you're female, but I can grasp it, so you should be able to, as well.

Pastor Ezekiel writes so well, even we ladies can understand his meanings.
                        Please learn about Catholicism yourself before inaccurately representing it. I say this because if you had ever picked up an accurate text on Catholicism, you would have learned that:

A) we do not worship Mary, we only worship God
                        we are not Pagans, we are Christians who worship God, and
                        C) we do not "fondle" relics by any stretch of the imagination.

I do not pretend to be an apologist. I know there are many people in the world better suited to defend my faith than I am; but I can tell you, as a devout Catholic these things do not happen.

Furthermore, I am quite proud to be female - after all, God made me that way. God also blessed me with a fair amount of intelligence. I understood every word that Pastor Ezekial said, and being female didn't stop me from graduating at the top of my class in a predominantly male school with a 4.0 GPA.

I would also like to reiterate that loving Christians would never call God's creations by hateful names. I do not have any qualms with Baptism, nor have I insulted it in any way. So I ask that you grant me that same respect.

If you have questions about the Catholic Church that you would like to have answered - issues that you would like to discuss in a civil manner - please ask. I will be more than happy to address them as best I can. I do not have any grandiose dreams of converting you to Catholicism. If you choose to be Baptist, then I will respect your choice. All I want is for my religion to represented as it actually is. Only through mutual tolerance and acceptance can there be peace.

Comment

Lol. Oops, it turned my B into a smiley...

Comment

Take a look at THIS, papist. Conclusive proof that satan is your master.
                            Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Please learn about Catholicism yourself before inaccurately representing it.
                              <pro Catholic and anti-Christian lies>.
                              Did you bother to read the first post?

Do you deny what it says?

By the way, how exactly do you justify praying to Mary, a dead woman who will not hear you until the Resurrection at Judgment?

Don't bother saying Catholics don't pray to Mary. http://www.ourladyweb.com/mary-prayers.html

Is it not worship to call her "Holy Queen" or "Queen of Heaven"?

Who gave her that title? I see it not anywhere in the Bible.

Just LOOK at this BLASPHEMY!!

Hail Holy Queen

Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy,
                              our life, our sweetness and our hope!
                              To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve;
                              to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping
                              in this valley of tears.
                              Turn then, most gracious advocate,
                              thine eyes of mercy toward us,
                              and after this our exile,
                              show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
                              O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!

Amen
                              There is but ONE advocate in Heaven, who is CHRIST JESUS, not the woman who God picked to carry Him for nine months!

For crying out loud, you don't praise the OVEN when you find yourself eating a delicious cake, do you?!

Morning Offering

Dear Lord, I do not know what will happen to me today. I only know that nothing will happen that was not foreseen by You, and directed to my greater good from all eternity. I adore Your holy and unfathomable plans, and submit to them with all my heart for love of You, the Pope, and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Amen.
                              What happened to Father, Son, and Holy Spirit? No, this is Father, anti-Christ Pope Nazinger, and LONG-DEAD VESSEL?!

Here's another heap of horrifying hogwash, Missy! http://www.yenra.com/catholic/prayer...ntoheaven.html

Prayer to Our Lady, Assumed into Heaven

Immaculate Virgin, Mother of Jesus and our Mother, we believe in your triumphant assumption into heaven where the angels and saints acclaim you as Queen. We join them in praising you and bless the Lord who raised you above all creatures. With them we offer you our devotion and love.

We are confident that you watch over our daily efforts and needs, and we take comfort from the faith in the coming resurrection. We look to you, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. After this earthly life, show us Jesus, the blest fruit of your womb, O kind, O loving, O sweet virgin Mary.
                              Where in the Bible does this come from? Oh, yes. NOWHERE. This is Catholic lies and filth, made up to distract from Jesus and turn your attentions to Mary/Semiramis, Queen of Heaven.

Here, try this reference, dear: http://www.exorthodoxforchrist.com/two_babylons.htm

The Two Babylons is a book written by Alexander Hislop (1853) which asserts and documents 2 main points:

1. That the Ancient Pagan systems of worship of false gods were based on "mysteries", and that the genesis of those mysteries could be found within the old Babylonian (chaldean) system of worship.

2. That the Roman Catholic Church - [soon after its creation which occured 300 Years after Christ] - appropriated the characteristics of Pagan systems of worship, in order to try to convince Pagans into thinking that the Roman Catholic System was the same - as their own pagan worship.

This was not a deception. It is simply true. The majority of the extra teachings of the Roman Catholic Church do Not come from the Bible, but from the teachings of Pagan Gods of the Pantheon (family) of false Gods of the Roman Empire and Roman Emperors.
                              ------
                              The relationship between the 1st spiritual Babylon (in Ancient Babylon) and the 2nd spiritual Babylon (the Roman Catholic Church) is not something difficult to prove. But it is something difficult to understand - if you do not know anything about ancient systems of Pagan worship.

The Ancient systems of the Worship of the Roman Pantheon of Gods is well documented. Those systems of worship:

a. were around and Still in practice at the time of the Roman Empire
                              b. were filled with symbology, meanings and methods which are still to be found in the Roman Catholic Church (and the Eastern Orthodox Church also).
                              ------

Some people today who know ONLY of either The Two Babylons by Hislop or the book by Ralph Woodrow think that - the contents of The Two Babylons are some kind of "original" work, and that no one else has figured this out.

The fact is that several modern sources and books have said the same thing as The Two Babylons in 2 key points:

A. Pagan Rituals all over the world related to different godess-worship movement are actually Almost All actually the worship of Cybele/Isis/Ishtar.

B. The Roman Catholic Church has absorbed many Pagan rituals from the pantheon of false goos and goddesses that surrounded it in the Roman Empire.

More, you say? http://www.geocities.com/theawakeningnews/Religion-Semiramis_Nimrod.html

Semiramis was initially included in the pagan Babylonian trinity as the holy spirit or seed of the divine son in his mother's womb. Within time, however, the father Nimrod was practically overlooked and worshiped only as the god-incarnate son in his mother's arms. In other words, the father became invisible and was no longer worshiped, whereas, the mother with the god-incarnate son in her arms became the grand object of worship.92 Numerous Babylonian monuments show the goddess-mother Semiramis with her son in arms (Figure 2, pages 16, 17). This worship of mother and child spread throughout the known world, and given different names in the various languages of the world. Ancient Germans worshipped the virgin Hertha with child in arms. Scandinavians called her Disa pictured with child. The Egyptian mother and child were worshiped as Isis with the infant Osiris or Horus seated on his mother's lap. In India, the mother and child were called Devaki and Krishna, and also Isi and Iswara as they are worshiped to this day. In Asia, they were known as Cybele and Deoius; in pagan Rome, as Fortuna and Jupiter-puer, or Jupiter, the boy; in Greece, as Ceres, the great mother with babe at her breast, or as Irene, the goddess of peace, with the boy Plutus in her arms.

The image of mother with child in her arms was so firmly entrenched in the pagan mind that by the time Christianity appeared on the scene in 30 A.D., these statues and paintings were merely renamed and worshiped as the virgin Mary with her god-incarnate son Jesus. Thus, the pagan mother and child entered Christianity as the Roman Catholic worship of Mary with the infant Jesus. In fact, in Tibet, China, and Japan, Jesuit missionaries were astonished to find the counterpart of the madonna and child as devoutly worshiped as they were in Rome. Shing Moo, the holy mother in China was portrayed with a child in her arms and a glory around her, exactly as if she had
                              been fashioned by Roman Catholic artisans.
                              The sad part is, you have no clue the Satanic, pagan wretch you are.
                              www.palibandaily.com - Your Christian News Source
                              Huckabee/Palin Gingrich 2012 will reclaim America for Christ! PRAISE!

Christian Ladies:
                              Savor your separation in style at the Monthly Visitor!

Comment

I happen to be Catholic. I have many friends who are Catholic, many who are Baptist, and many who subscribe to other Christian denominations. Who cares?! No matter how each religion views each of the other religions, it all boils down to this: we all claim to be Christian, we all believe in God, and we are all trying to do our best to get to Heaven.
                                Not neccesarily. Considering all mortals are sinful by nature, some more than others, often do "Christians" take the easier paths of self denial and justification. Instead of owning up to the responsabilities of their faith, they continue leading sinful lives attempting to find comfort in the song and dance of Christianity and bastardized beliefs they try and hold as talismans rather than true and personal faith. Talking the talk, but not walking the walk so to speak. Many folks would do well to weigh the value of their beliefs against the value of their acts.

Perhaps if we all would spend more time focusing on what we have in common, rather than dwelling on the relatively small number of things that are different, then maybe there would be less conflict in the world.
                                Less conflict in the world would denote a tolerance for the sinful nature of a planet in the grips of secular society. Complacency leads to degeneration.

As far as focusing on commonality is concerned, it boils down to a matter of the importance of truth. If you are going to lead a soul to Christ, you cannot afford to be stumbling on path like a drunkard, hence why comparisons of faith are key to walking closer to said path.

In my understanding, no Christian - no one who considers oneself to be Christian - would take joy in willfully attacking other people. It is my understanding that no Christian religion promotes ridicule, insults, discourtesy, or lies as being the pathway to Heaven.
                                While many of these things are distasteful, I would argue there are many examples of the faithful heaping insult on the heads of the lacking. Often are transgressors described as fools, or dogs, or worse.

As far is discourtecy is concerned, I'm fairly sure nowhere in the Bible does it command the faithful to be accomedating and placating in their tone and temperment. I would site this as an example of secular ideals being improperly inserted into Christian theology. The Bible does not need us making up our own precepts of right and wrong and slipping them in between the pages. To your credit though, as a citizen of best nation in the world, I concur that decent folk should refrain from insulting and discourteous discource.

As far as lying is concerned, no doubt about it, lying is evil and destructive and should be guarded against at all times.

And indeed, good Christians, whatever denomination, would try to treat all people with great respect, since they are, after all, creations of God.
                                I would disagree that all people deserve respect as creations of God, but I can't argue with 1 Peter 2:17.

And besides, I don't think any religion ever gained true converts through acts of disrespect. Rather, people are most likely to convert if they are shown love and kindness.
                                While I might concur with the honey than vinegar idea going on here, it is safe to say this place is not a fertile source of conversion, rather it is a provng ground for ideas. Agreement rarely breeds thought, and there is much worth pondering about the Lord.

Everybody, please treat everyone else with the respect they deserve.
                                Simply because God commands us to respect others does not mean they are worthy of this respect. Mankind is a sinful and wicked group of people. Only through the redeeming sacrafice of Jesus Christ are we granted the unmeasurable generosity of a choice for eternity in Heaven.

Comment

Working...
                                X