Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Godly Politics
Reload this Page Brain Damage is a MYTH!
Godly Politics Republican, Libertarian, Constitution Party, Christian Restoration Party welcome. No liberals or Demonrats allowed.

(#41)
Old
Unsaved trash, confirmed demon

Buddhist1 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Buddhist1 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Buddhist1 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Buddhist1 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Buddhist1 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Buddhist1 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Buddhist1 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Buddhist1 is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Brain Damage is a MYTH! - 06-11-2015, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha Shah View Post
Yes. You should understand that I am not a Buddhist and the more I've been studying different religions, the more confused I have become. I am losing my own as I am examining others. We are like the blind men and the elephant. One is touching the trunk and thinking it is a hose, one is touching the feet and interpreting them as columns. One is touching the lingam and I do not dare think how he is interpreting his findings. Yes. Have you chosen a religion without really knowing what it contains? I am here because these people who feel they are true christians know what their beliefs contain. I have met many christians who do not have the knowledge but only opinions. Yes. I am very happy to meet another seeker in this forum. Yes.

If I were you I would start studying comparative religion and comparative mythology. Have you read the "Masks of God" by Joseph Campbell. It is a classic but it has important messages. There are only partial truths and it is possible that the actual truth is only in our brains.

Buddhism is the non-violence and harmony but it is also many other things. There have been Buddhist states of Sukhothai and most importantly Japan with Zen that used Buddhism to advocate violence and conquest. There are the buddhist monks and nuns but the nuns are being treated much more harshly with many more regulations. Yes. There is nihilism and the habit of keeping the poor and the oppressed in their low position to be rewarded in next life. Yes. I am thinking it is always the same. It is the same with christianity. Reward in the next life. I do not know if this is true but it is keeping these poor people in their suppressed role and it is used very efficiently by the leaders. Yes. This life is not important and you must suffer. The secular state has been fighting this by taking away the suffering but buddhism tries to take it away by turning inward and ignoring it. Yes, they do charity. No, they do not always do charity.

There is only one elephant and you can choose the whole elephant also. I am trying to choose it but I am losing the faith. Tradition remains with vegetarianism and chastity. Perhaps they are also mistakes. Thank you, Friend. You have made me verbalize these thoughts. I am more and more confused. Yes. Study comparative religion at a University. Do not be content with only one truth. Take the many truths. Yes.
Thank you for the words of wisdom, i will take them to heart.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
23:Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
(#42)
Old
Curry slurping demon

Hellbound Heathen Cherry-picker Bleeding heart liebral Rigged election Uppity Woman/Enabler

Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Harsha Shah has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Smile Re: Brain Damage is a MYTH! - 06-11-2015, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhist1 View Post
Thank you for the words of wisdom, i will take them to heart.
Yes. You are very kind. I hope I am not offending you but this could become a path to discard all these organized doctrines and I am starting to think that it would be a positive thing in my life. Yes. perhaps in yours, too. There are some good ethics in Jainism or Buddhism or Christianity but perhaps there are even better ones out there. Yes.

"Ecclesiastes 3:7
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak."
Yes. Women are saving lives. It is time we are speaking! Yes!