Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > PRAYER REQUESTS
Reload this Page Pray for my Messican Neighbor
PRAYER REQUESTS Please check regularly

(#21)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Protected by JESUS

Saturday has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Saturday has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Saturday has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Saturday has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Saturday has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.Saturday has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Messican Re: Pray for my Messican Neighbor - 01-12-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahkriin View Post
What does "mang" mean exactly?
This is just "man" as in a term for "bro". Messicans sometimes pronounce it as "mang" althought he maybe Jamaican because of his pronunciation.

Example:
Quote:
Hey man (mang), how you doin' today huh man (mang)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLarry View Post
"Hey, where all the beaches at, mang?" I replied, "Well, the beaches are all out on Long Island mostly - but there is a nice beach in Staten Island, too." He looked at me like I had three heads.

"No, mang!" He said. "Where all the BEACHES, mang? BEACHES!" I repeated what I had told him and he seemed to grow angry for some reason.

"You probably never had a beach in your life, mang." I told him that I most certainly had been to a beach but that I don't care for beaches because of the nudity. He shook his head and said:

"I'll make you my beach if you don't just shut up, mang."

Again, owing to his desperate attempt on making an American accent, he said "beach". In fact, what he is asking where are the sluts/prostitutes there (so instead of b***h, he said beach. Pardon my language.). .

Example:
Quote:
Where be the club at huh man (mang)? I wanna see dem beaches (prostitutes).

I know these accents because Philippines is a pretty mixed bag of cultures, owing to the times our country was sometimes captured by the Spanish, Japanese, and Americans. So it was no trouble translating your roommates' clunky accent. I'm sorry if I was born in such a country.

Titus 3 : 3
For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another.