X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only Jesus Statues in RoundAbouts

I spent some of this week up in Cedar Rapids putting the breaks on an obscene statue planned for a roundabout. It was to be funded by private donations.

I met with potential donors and told them roundabouts are unsafe. If you are going to have one, I said, make sure you put Jesus, not some modern art, in roundabouts.

Thank goodness, donations stopped and this ugly statue was scrapped:

Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Re: Only Jesus Statues in RoundAbouts

Amen, Brother Mayor, AMEN!

It's too bad we can't talk the City Counsel into making all the stop lights in Freehold Statues of with street lights embedded in The palm of hands. The right could be green for GO and the left hand could have a red light for STOP!
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Tweet me Here
    My GODLY Bio Here

Comment

It's a roundabout, not a piffling art museum. Drop some rocks there and be done with it.

I think the message that people should get when they see art in roundabouts is that the traffic planners planned on you spending more time there, not less. They don't help traffic, they just slow it down.
      May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobar King View Post
        It's a roundabout, not a piffling art museum. Drop some rocks there and be done with it.

I think the message that people should get when they see art in roundabouts is that the traffic planners planned on you spending more time there, not less. They don't help traffic, they just slow it down.
        Absolutely, Brother Nobar - as ever, you cut to the chase! The only reason to slow people down at roundabouts is to force encourage them to contemplate getting right with Jesus.

In fact, shouldn't this rule hold for all public art?
        Vaccinated by the love of Jesus!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey View Post
          Absolutely, Brother Nobar - as ever, you cut to the chase! The only reason to slow people down at roundabouts is to force encourage them to contemplate getting right with Jesus.

In fact, shouldn't this rule hold for all public art?

I've said that since day one of my political life. There is but one purpose for public art, bringing the public to Jesus.
          Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobar King View Post

This is an excellent point. In fact, to better facilitate the flow of traffic, might I suggest that an aesthetics standard committee be appointed to work hand-in-hand with FPD and the county court system?

The idea I'm having is that some of our more, well, homely petty criminals might serve the interests of the city better by spending 8 hours a day standing on the roundabouts instead of in jail cells. Hoping to avoid having to look at them for any length of time, drivers would make a point to not dilly-dally in passing.
            Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Comment

Originally posted by Des View Post
              This is an excellent point. In fact, to better facilitate the flow of traffic, might I suggest that an aesthetics standard committee be appointed to work hand-in-hand with FPD and the county court system?

The idea I'm having is that some of our more, well, homely petty criminals might serve the interests of the city better by spending 8 hours a day standing on the roundabouts instead of in jail cells. Hoping to avoid having to look at them for any length of time, drivers would make a point to not dilly-dally in passing.
              Do you mean roundabouts should be enhanced with this?
              Jeremiah 6:21 Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will lay stumblingblocks before this people, and the fathers and the sons together shall fall upon them; the neighbour and his friend shall perish.

Best wishes for the people in Ukraine.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland View Post
                Do you mean roundabouts should be enhanced with this?
                You know, I had thought of that, but determined it to be problematic. The problem is that the stocks would impede traffic as people slowed down or even stopped in order to hurl whatever spoiled fruits or vegetables they might have at the criminal.
                Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Comment

What about Jah's word to not build any idols of him?
                  Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: Extol him that rideth upon the heavens By his name JAH, and rejoice before him.-Psalms 68:4

Comment

Originally posted by I Man Rastafari View Post
                    What about Jah's word to not build any idols of him?
                    Can anyone understand a word out of this melon-munching porch monkey's mouth? All I'm getting is "Oook Oook Oook!"

Comment

I mean that the building of a statue of Jesus is the building of a man made idol. It is in Exodus 20:4 of the Bible. It says do not build any idols.
                      Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: Extol him that rideth upon the heavens By his name JAH, and rejoice before him.-Psalms 68:4

Comment

Originally posted by I Man Rastafari View Post
                        I mean that the building of a statue of Jesus is the building of a man made idol. It is in Exodus 20:4 of the Bible. It says do not build any idols.
                        The notion that putting Jesus statues in roundabouts violates Exodus 20:4 is ridiculous. A Jesus statue is marketing, not a golden calf.

The Bible admonishes followers to tell the good news of Jesus to the masses. The masses pass by roundabouts every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Johny Joe Hold View Post
                          Thank goodness, donations stopped and this ugly statue was scrapped:

Looks like someone set a traffic-cone alight. A child of 5 could have designed that... and probably did.
                          sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
                          Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Working...
                          X