X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, I Was Told To Come Here

Originally posted by Brother Temperance View Post
    Hey, I'm not the one who was talking about being able to taste babies.
    Arg. It's just a phrase, an expression!

So they're free to believe whatever they believe, as long as they don't become Christians? They can be Christians, I just don't want them to ignore their family because of religious differences. And besides:
    I have some very definite ideas about how my children will be raised: they will have the same feelings about drugs, alcohol, and smoking as I do (they'll despise them all).
    So your children don't have the right to make their own minds up about alcohol? If they decide to support the Godly Republican Party by being little patriots and contributing to the tobacco industry, that's not allowed? Friend, you don't sound very tolerant or accepting to me. Those things (drinking, smoking, doing drugs) are dangerous and damage the body and the brain. So, no, I don't want my children to spend their time hurting themselves. Good parents protect their children from harm.

No, I mean waterboarding. I mean what I say and I say what I mean. Is that anything like kneeboarding?

I'm not talking about opinions; it is a FACT that anyone who "stop[s] caring about what goes where" has something seriously wrong in their life, and needs Jesus to step in and fix it.
    You know, I expected something like that from Booby-Joe, who is known for seeing the disgusting where it doesn't exist and for his gutter-mind, but I expected more than that from you. I don't know why, but I did.

Originally posted by SalvationSeeker
    No doubt.
    If I were a feeble-minded & unsaved woman like you, being approached by a Christian man like myself I would be "distracted" too.
    It's only natural woman, no need to be ashamed of it. Oh my goodness. There isn't even a response for that.

Though I do agree with brother Temperance, that doesn't sound very Christian of you. You really ought to start caring.
    I don't want my future possession to become damaged after all.

What?! Since when have I been in any way yours, now or in the future??? To the very best of my knowledge, I'm not betrothed to you or anyone!
    Last edited by WickedWitch; 01-19-2007, 12:34 AM.
    This space is reserved for posting KJV Scripture ONLY. --ADMIN

Comment

Those things (drinking, smoking, doing drugs) are dangerous and damage the body and the brain. So, no, I don't want my children to spend their time hurting themselves. Good parents protect their children from harm.
      Praise! That's a very promising attitude you've got there. So if you want to protect your child from harm, why are you so laidback about the idea of them spending eternity suffering unimaginable torments in Hell?
      Is that anything like kneeboarding?
      In a way. It's sort of like this:

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
      You know, I expected something like that from Booby-Joe, who is known for seeing the disgusting where it doesn't exist and for his gutter-mind, but I expected more than that from you. I don't know why, but I did.
      I'm touched. I am renowned for the high standard of purity I generally observe, and I'm sorry if you feel that I did not behave with the absolute high-mindedness you've come to expect from me.
      O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.

Comment

Oh my goodness. There isn't even a response for that.
        No need.
        You know it's the truth.

What?! Since when have I been in any way yours, now or in the future??? To the very best of my knowledge, I'm not betrothed to you or anyone!
        Well, you did create a thread by order from me, declaring your boundless love for me.
        Stop being in denial of the obvious truth, me owning you, ahh..
        It's only a matter of formality now, as you belong to me in your heart and soul.
        And I intend to deliver you to the Lord Jesus Christ through any means necessary.
        If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: But if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
        A foolish woman is clamorous: She is simple, and knoweth nothing.
        Proverbs 9:12-13

Comment

Originally posted by SalvationSeeker View Post
          No need.
          You know it's the truth.
          Again, there's just no response for that.... that wouldn't hurt your feelings.

Well, you did create a thread by order from me, declaring your boundless love for me.
          Stop being in denial of the obvious truth, me owning you, ahh..
          It's only a matter of formality now, as you belong to me in your heart and soul.
          And I intend to deliver you to the Lord Jesus Christ through any means necessary.

Praise! That's a very promising attitude you've got there. So if you want to protect your child from harm, why are you so laidback about the idea of them spending eternity suffering unimaginable torments in Hell? I don't believe in hell. Just like you wouldn't spend time trying to protect your children from the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I wouldn't spend my time trying to protect my children from something I didn't belive in.

In a way. It's sort of like this: *<picture>*
          Okay, I've never done that. Never heard of it, either.

I'm touched. I am renowned for the high standard of purity I generally observe, and I'm sorry if you feel that I did not behave with the absolute high-mindedness you've come to expect from me.
          No more gutter comments, okay?
          Last edited by WickedWitch; 01-19-2007, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Ahh.. The lengths to which some will go to deny the obvious truth.
            Very well, woman: deny it all you want, as it's not like you have much choice in the matter anyways.

And hell?
            Like we told you, if one doesn't believe in something will it go away?
            As I always say..
            I don't believe in paying taxes, but what happens if I don't? Well, I might go to jail.
            I don't believe in going to jail either as I cannot sin, but despite those beliefs I could still go.. (The anti-Christian persecution knows no bounds nowadays.)

It's the same with hell, you can scream that you don't believe in it while being tortured for eternity but it's still a fact:
            You're still being tortured in a literal lake of fire.
            No denial is going to change that.
            If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: But if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.

Comment

Ahh.. The lengths to which some will go to deny the obvious truth.
              Very well, woman: deny it all you want, as it's not like you have much choice in the matter anyways. Oh I see, so you're going to attempt to force yourself upon me are you? Interesting approach. Tell me, how do you intend to do that, I'd like to know?

And hell?
              Like we told you, if one doesn't believe in something will it go away?
              As I always say..
              I don't believe in paying taxes, but what happens if I don't? Well, I might go to jail.
              I don't believe in going to jail either as I cannot sin, but despite those beliefs I could still go.. (The anti-Christian persecution knows no bounds nowadays.)

It's the same with hell, you can scream that you don't believe in it while being tortured for eternity but it's still a fact:
              You're still being tortured in a literal lake of fire.
              No denial is going to change that.
              And you can believe that the Earth is flat and has only existed for 6,000 years, but that won't make all the evidence to the contrary disappear. So it seems we are at an impasse.

Comment

I don't believe in hell. Just like you wouldn't spend time trying to protect your children from the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I wouldn't spend my time trying to protect my children from something I didn't belive in.
                So, just because of your beliefs, you're prepared to take the chance of condemning them to eternal torment? What if you had a neighbour or a friend who didn't believe that smoking caused lung cancer, and so started giving their child Havana cigars along with their rusks? What if you had a neighbour who didn't believe in the evil of the Catholic Church, and was prepared to let their child spend hours alone with the local priest? That's how your situation appears to us.
                Originally posted by Undecided
                Okay, I've never done that. Never heard of it, either.

Once again, a good disciplining won't be considered a punishment by me. And I don't think it would encourage me to change my behavior... I might actually continue to act out knowing I'll be "punished" for it.

So, you say you enjoy good Christian discipline, then you admit you've never even heard of one of the most basic disciplining techniques? Perhaps in future you should stick to talking about things you actually know about.
                No more gutter comments, okay?
                Friend, I have never knowingly in my life made a comment I would describe as "gutter." If you interpreted something I said in a way that offended you, I'm very sorry, but I don't really see how I can be held responsible for it.
                O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.

Comment

Oh I see, so you're going to attempt to force yourself upon me are you? Interesting approach. Tell me, how do you intend to do that, I'd like to know?
                  Sorry, but I'm not going to indulge in your sinful fantasies...

And you can believe that the Earth is flat and has only existed for 6,000 years, but that won't make all the evidence to the contrary disappear. So it seems we are at an impasse.
                  What evidence would that be?
                  Can you provide any reliable, non-partial source (ie a True Christian source) to such evidence?
                  No, you can't.

So whatever "evidence" you may post, it will be from a "scientific" (ie satanic) source, and thus forged and/or untrustworthy.
                  Last edited by SalvationSeeker; 01-19-2007, 01:14 AM.

Comment

So, just because of your beliefs, you're prepared to take the chance of condemning them to eternal torment? What if you had a neighbour or a friend who didn't believe that smoking caused lung cancer, and so started giving their child Havana cigars along with their rusks? I'd report them to CFS. What if you had a neighbour who didn't believe in the evil of the Catholic Church, and was prepared to let their child spend hours alone with the local priest? That's how your situation appears to us.
                    I know exactly how it looks to you. But like I said, because of your beliefs you wouldn't try to protect your children from the Flying Spaghetti Monster, nor will I try to protect mine from a hell I don't believe exists.

So, you say you enjoy good Christian discipline, then you admit you've never even heard of one of the most basic disciplining techniques? Perhaps in future you should stick to talking about things you actually know about.
                    Just because I didn't know about it doesn't mean I don't know anything about torture. old :p And besides, I like trying new things.
                    Last edited by WickedWitch; 01-19-2007, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Sorry, but I'm not going to indulge in your sinful fantasies... So you're just going to marry me without my consent?

What evidence would that be?
                      Can you provide any reliable, non-partial source (ie a True Christian source) to such evidence?
                      No, you can't.

So whatever "evidence" you may post, it will be from a "scientific" (ie satanic) source, and thus forged and/or untrustworthy.
                      And whatever "evidence" you provide will be from the Bible and other Christian (and thus, biased) sources. So like I said, we're at an impasse.

Comment

And whatever "evidence" you provide will be from the Bible and other Christian (and thus, biased) sources. So like I said, we're at an impasse.
                        You know what would be a good way to settle this impasse? Admitting we're right, accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour and turning your life over to Him. Actually, no, that'd be a great way to settle this impasse.

Oh, and how exactly is a book written by the Lord God Almighty "biased"?

Comment

So you're just going to marry me without my consent?
                          Exactly.
                          A woman's wishes doesn't mean much to God anyways.

What brother Temperance said:
                          Just how is God "biased"?

Comment

You know what would be a good way to settle this impasse? Admitting we're right, accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour and turning your life over to Him. Actually, no, that'd be a great way to settle this impasse. And now we've come full-circle.

Oh, and how exactly is a book written by the Lord God Almighty "biased"?
                            Exactly.
                            A woman's wishes doesn't mean much to God anyways.
                            I think a husband should deeply love and cherish his wife, and thus want to fulfill her wishes (and vice versa, of course).

What brother Temperance said:
                            Just how is God "biased"?
                            Because the Bible is against everything non-Christian. Just like you say that scientists are against everything that is Christian.

Comment

Because the Bible is against everything non-Christian. Just like you say that scientists are against everything that is Christian.
                              So you equate the Truth being against everything that is evil with evildoers being against the Truth? Friend, I'll be heading off now, but I'm sure the other Brothers In Christ on this forum will be more than happy to help you chase your own tail with circular logic all night long. Why not just cut a long story short and accept Him (Jesus, not Salvation Seeker*) now?

* Obviously, we'll have to negotiate that bit later.

Comment

So you equate the Truth being against everything that is evil with evildoers being against the Truth? Friend, I'll be heading off now, but I'm sure the other Brothers In Christ on this forum will be more than happy to help you chase your own tail with circular logic all night long. My circular logic! Goodness you are impossible. Why not just cut a long story short and accept Him (Jesus, not Salvation Seeker*) now?

* Obviously, we'll have to negotiate that bit later.
                                From what I understand, there won't be any negotiating because it's already been decided and I apparently have no say.

But that won't stop me from saying no.

Comment

Working...
                                X