Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > False Religions and Cults
Reload this Page Potter books inspire horrific violence
False Religions and Cults Catholics, Wiccans, Lutherans, Satanists, Mormons, and more!

(#1)
Old
Christ's Battle Axe

True Christian™ True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ True Christian Beauty Bronze Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Christian Love Flat Earth Most Obedient Pro-Life Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Mama Grizzly Trumpette Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years Clorox Cured Me QAnon Storm Chaser Roper Crossburn Real American™ TC Bravery Teabag Patriot True Republican Anti-Biden

Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-23-2007, 06:49 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070623/.../woman_branded

Quote:
Ariz. woman's face branded with 'snitch'
By AMANDA LEE MYERS, Associated Press Writer Sat Jun 23, 6:43 AM ET

PHOENIX - A woman had the word "snitch" burned into her face with a branding iron in apparent celebration of the upcoming release of the final Harry Potter novel, authorities said.

The brand singed into her flesh during a June 13 attack is 4 to 6 inches long and stretches across her left cheek from lip to earlobe, Mesa police Sgt. Chuck Trapani said Friday.

"Obviously, they were trying to send a message to her, and they were obviously trying to humiliate her," Trapani said.

Trapani declined to identify the 38-year-old woman. He said the woman had not returned calls relaying interview requests from the news media.

The woman told police she was attacked by four people, including an acquaintance whose Mesa apartment she was visiting, Trapani said. That acquaintance, Preston L. Valdez, 21, told police the woman was smoking methamphetamine with him shortly before the attack.

The woman said the three others who attacked her were hiding in the bedroom, Trapani said. She said they came out, knocked her unconscious, then cut and shaved large swaths of her hair and branded her, Trapani said. She was treated at a hospital and released.

Two of those who attacked the woman — James H. Standridge, 34, and, Jackie L. Getz, 26 — were arrested in a domestic violence case in February 2006 after the woman answered officers' questions about them. The police investigation later led to the removal of a child from the home because drug paraphernalia was found there.

Trapani said a picture of the woman shows that the word on her face had scabbed over and that "snitch" was clearly legible. He said police were searching for the branding iron.

Standridge, Getz and Kibbol A. Avila, 33, were arrested on suspicion of kidnapping, aggravated assault and unlawful imprisonment. Valdez, was arrested on suspicion of aggravated assault and unlawful imprisonment.

The four were being held Friday in the Maricopa County jail. Bond for Standridge and Getz was set at $270,000 each. Bond for Avila was set at $90,000, and no bond was set for Valdez. The suspects are scheduled back in court next week.

The Maricopa County Public Defender's Office would not confirm whether it was representing the suspects, and declined to comment on the case Friday. The Associated Press made a request through authorities to interview the four but had received no response as of Friday evening.
In case you weren't aware, the Golden Snitch is a testicle-shaped flying ball that figures significantly into the Potter mythology. These Devil-worshipers were so excited about the new book that they decided to mutilate the flesh of an innocent woman as a commemoration of its release, and now she has to live the rest of her life with this evil word forever a part of her visage. Jesus and I are just seething with anger at this atrocity.
Attached Images

(#2)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Andrew Shaw is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-23-2007, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia D. Templeton View Post

In case you weren't aware, the Golden Snitch is a testicle-shaped flying ball that figures significantly into the Potter mythology. These Devil-worshipers were so excited about the new book that they decided to mutilate the flesh of an innocent woman as a commemoration of its release, and now she has to live the rest of her life with this evil word forever a part of her visage. Jesus and I are just seething with anger at this atrocity.

My testicles dont look anything like that..but i guess what you are saying is soccer base ball basket ball anything to do with a sphere is evil.. i do see what your saying on devil worship, because spells and such are directly associated with satants pagans and wiccans..but it is just a novel, made for entertainment not conversion of satanism. im afraid you've taken this to lightly. i dont suggest a book burning due to the fact the writer will get money for every book you burn as well as the government so that they can spend your tax dollars on useless things. nice try though

Is adult entertainment killing our kids, Or are adults killing our kids for entertainment?
(#3)
Old
Honorary White Woman.
True Christian™

Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ready for the Rapture True Christian™ True Christian Lady

Sista Lateefah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Sista Lateefah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Sista Lateefah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Sista Lateefah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Sista Lateefah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Sista Lateefah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Sista Lateefah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Sista Lateefah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Sista Lateefah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Sista Lateefah has bribed people to get these reputation points.Sista Lateefah has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-23-2007, 07:02 PM

This truly do be horrifyin'. All them unsaved chillrens that reads these books is gonna be runnin' through the streets doin' that to each otha until only the chillren in Freehold will be safe from this debbil's mark!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Shaw View Post
My testicles dont look anything like that..
We does not want to hear about what yo privates looks like, pervert.

"He went on CNN and he laughed at us, and he said, 'They'll never get me because Allah will protect me. Allah will protect me.' Well, you know what? I knew that my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God and his was an idol." - Lt. General William G. Boykin
(#4)
Old
Unsaved Canuckstani Trash
Referred by Belphegor... treat with caution.
Forum Member

SinisterPizza is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-23-2007, 07:56 PM

Quote:
In case you weren't aware, the Golden Snitch is a te
That wasn't referring to the Golden Snitch. During the 5th book, a girl who tells on the DA becomes the victim of a curse that causes the word "Snitch" to be written across her face.
(#5)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Default Re: Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-23-2007, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sista Lateefah View Post
This truly do be horrifyin'. All them unsaved chillrens that reads these books is gonna be runnin' through the streets doin' that to each otha until only the chillren in Freehold will be safe from this debbil's mark!

Oh so im the pervert now?? who looks at a golden sphere with wings and says 'my oh my that right there looks like a testical!'...a pervert would. also i was just useing me as an example that testicals look nothing like snitches or whatever their called.

Is adult entertainment killing our kids, Or are adults killing our kids for entertainment?
(#6)
Old
Foul Sinner on Moderation

stealtfc is fearful, unbelieving, a liar, a whoremonger, and abominable. Has a place in the Lake of Fire secured.
Default Re: Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-23-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sista Lateefah View Post
Not quite. on the contrary, there is no devil in harry potter. There is nothing that says worship satan- there is magic, which all the children know is fantasy. The woman you are talking about, was insane. I have read all of the Harry potter books- but do i believe that by flicking a wooden stick magic is going to happen? Nope. Oh, and if you are going to tell me that the "magic" is evil, take this into consideration.

Three wise men followed a star that led them to jesus. Now, back then, the only people who looked to stars for help and guidance were astrologers. *Gasp* These three wise men must have been astrologers. Isn't astrology considered by you lot to be considered among magic? If so, then you are saying that your god condone's magic? Or is it alright because " God" sent the message? Of course, that would also have to of meant that god told them it was ok for them to study astrology, so they would be able to read the stars. As anyone who reads the bible knows, god hasn't talked to anyone since the Patriachal age. Hmm.. looks like god never could have told them it was alright to study astrology.
(#7)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

YesImHellbound is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-23-2007, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterPizza View Post
That wasn't referring to the Golden Snitch. During the 5th book, a girl who tells on the DA becomes the victim of a curse that causes the word "Snitch" to be written across her face.
While that is in the book, and makes more sense to me, I still don't see how this wrongdoing has to do with Harry Potter in any sense. They clearly make an assumption, and in that article I don't see any evidence to support it being relative to Harry Potter. Since they only state: "A woman had the word "snitch" burned into her face with a branding iron in apparent celebration of the upcoming release of the final Harry Potter novel, authorities said." Which means, they are clearly drawing conclusions from what they merely think. Now, if I had read a confession of one of the attackers saying such a thing, then I would understand that reasoning.

In truth, without a confession or real evidence that links it to Harry Potter, your inferences are worthless, for they could have personal quarrel with her or for whatever reason felt she was a "Snitch" in general and felt it necessary to expose her.

Basically, without more evidence, all the inferences and conclusions drawn for the 'why' behind their actions are worthless.

Either show me a confession or some evidence that links it to Harry Potter, or stop pushing these opinions as if they are the truth simply because of assumptions being made.

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." ~Albert Einstein
(#8)
Old
Unsaved Canuckstani Trash
Referred by Belphegor... treat with caution.
Forum Member

SinisterPizza is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-23-2007, 08:28 PM

I just remembered, it's actually "Sneak" that is written across her face in OOTP, not "Snitch". It's close, I mean, closer than it referring to the Golden Snitch, but aren't snitches also a Mafia thing as well?
(#9)
Old

Shallow-izer is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-23-2007, 08:28 PM

And yet the slaughter of innocent people during the Crusades, the Hollocaust, and the "War" on "Terror"

*COUGH*QUESTFOROIL!*Cough.*

are overlooked.

Cause 1 woman getting branded, is worse then the death of millions upon millions of people.

Great show of sympathy there you hippocrites.
(#10)
Old
SATAN'S FAVORITE BONIFIED PERVERT!
Forum Member

Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-24-2007, 12:33 AM

Quote:

The article actually begins " A woman had the word "snitch" burned into her face with a branding iron in apparent retaliation for helping police in a domestic violence case, authorities said. "

Not a damn thing to do with Harry Potter.

Last edited by Old Iron Crotch; 06-24-2007 at 12:33 AM.
(#11)
Old
Christ's Battle Axe

True Christian™ True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ True Christian Beauty Bronze Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Christian Love Flat Earth Most Obedient Pro-Life Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Mama Grizzly Trumpette Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years Clorox Cured Me QAnon Storm Chaser Roper Crossburn Real American™ TC Bravery Teabag Patriot True Republican Anti-Biden

Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-24-2007, 03:36 PM

Yes, I did a little editing to remove the article's obvious liberal slant. All you've proven is that the "authorities" had their wallets fattened with J.K. Rowling's hush money before they went public on the matter. As others in this thread have pointed out, the incident is almost an exact repeat of what happens in one of the Potter books. Could the truth be any more obvious?

(#12)
Old
Senior Usher
True Christian™ missionary to the Unsaved Kingdom
A very nice young man
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Real American™ Long service medal, 2nd class Christian Love Saved 5 Years The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking True Heterosexual™ Ex-Christ-Killer Public Awareness Medal Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture Super Soaker Baptism Award True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus TC Bravery Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork Ex-Brit True Republican Saved 10 Years

Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-24-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealtfc View Post
Not quite. on the contrary, there is no devil in harry potter. There is nothing that says worship satan- there is magic, which all the children know is fantasy.
Have you met the Jabber Masher? He wouldn't know fantasy from reality from a hole in the ground.
Quote:
As anyone who reads the bible knows, god hasn't talked to anyone since the Patriachal age.
Do women have any kind of real equality? No, so the Patriarchal age is still ongoing, and magic is still sinful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow-izer View Post
And yet the slaughter of innocent people during the Crusades, the Hollocaust, and the "War" on "Terror" are overlooked.
I'm confused. Are you saying that the news reports should be full of things like "6 million Jews killed in the 1940s" or "lots of ragheads killed in Jerusalem in Middle Ages"? If so, you seem to have a rather shaky grasp of the concept of "news." And how exactly can Mahommedan savages or subversive Jewish Bolsheviks be regarded as "innocent", anyway?

O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
(#13)
Old
SATAN'S FAVORITE BONIFIED PERVERT!
Forum Member

Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Old Iron Crotch is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-24-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Yes, I did a little editing to remove the article's obvious liberal slant. All you've proven is that the "authorities" had their wallets fattened with J.K. Rowling's hush money before they went public on the matter. As others in this thread have pointed out, the incident is almost an exact repeat of what happens in one of the Potter books. Could the truth be any more obvious?

No, what it proves is that you people will deliberately misquote in order to make things seem to fit your agenda. In other words, you lie.

Last edited by Old Iron Crotch; 06-24-2007 at 05:56 PM.
(#14)
Old

stealtfc is fearful, unbelieving, a liar, a whoremonger, and abominable. Has a place in the Lake of Fire secured.
Default Re: Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-24-2007, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Temperance View Post
Have you met the Jabber Masher? He wouldn't know fantasy from reality from a hole in the ground.

Do women have any kind of real equality? No, so the Patriarchal age is still ongoing, and magic is still sinful.

I'm confused. Are you saying that the news reports should be full of things like "6 million Jews killed in the 1940s" or "lots of ragheads killed in Jerusalem in Middle Ages"? If so, you seem to have a rather shaky grasp of the concept of "news." And how exactly can Mahommedan savages or subversive Jewish Bolsheviks be regarded as "innocent", anyway?
the sane people know the truth. guess what? All of the people who walk around brandishing a stick and waving it and trying to do HP spells, either A. are completely insane. or B. Are children who need to imagine stuff. That's what children do.
Oh, and btw, the Patriarchal age ended when god stopped talking to the heads of all households. unless you are delusional and say that he talks directly to you, and not through the bible.
(#15)
Old
Senior Usher
True Christian™ missionary to the Unsaved Kingdom
A very nice young man
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Real American™ Long service medal, 2nd class Christian Love Saved 5 Years The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking True Heterosexual™ Ex-Christ-Killer Public Awareness Medal Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Ready for the Rapture Super Soaker Baptism Award True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus TC Bravery Flat Earth Tell her once Persecuted Porn Resistant Pro-Life Eats the Most Pork Ex-Brit True Republican Saved 10 Years

Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Brother Temperance will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-24-2007, 07:31 PM

Quote:
the sane people know the truth. guess what? All of the people who walk around brandishing a stick and waving it and trying to do HP spells, either A. are completely insane. or B. Are children who need to imagine stuff. That's what children do.
These books are aimed at convincing children to attempt witchcraft. I'm glad we can agree.

O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.
(#16)
Old
Shallow-iser again

Karmic Retribution is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-24-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:

Snitch could also be because she revealed something, or, told on them about something.
(#17)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Default Re: Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-24-2007, 07:38 PM

Yeah..its not about harry potter its about someone who told the authorities and the people she told on got revenge..probly gang related. there was a whole 'stop snitching' thing on the news that had to do with gangs and rap music thats what this is about..not hairy pothead

(#18)
Old

Shallow-izer is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-24-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Well, you're "holy" bible caused such havok, yet no one seems to remember.

Yet one work of OBVIOUS fantasy, meant to be enjoyed for it's literary content, is raising such a stink out of you people who don't even take the time to read it.

They are concidered innocent because they are not armed. Babies are innocent because they are not armed. Small children are innocent, because they are not armed. They are civilians.

Not that you'd care you heartless bigot.

Sad that an atheist has a stronger sence of right and wrong then a so called "devout" troo chris-chin.
(#19)
Old

Default Re: Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-24-2007, 07:52 PM

Quote:
These books are aimed at convincing children to attempt witchcraft. I'm glad we can agree.
wrong again. Witchcraft has a lot more to do with it then simply flicking a wand and saying the magic words. Oh, and btw, children have an overactive imagination. It's good for them to imagine things. Scientific research proves that it helps their brain develop, and i'm sure both of us can agree on that. I'm sure that children who have read the bible stories have a very overactive imagination, picturing all the things that is says happened. I mean, of course they have to imagine it.
(#20)
Old
Shallow-iser again

Karmic Retribution is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Potter books inspire horrific violence - 06-24-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
wrong again. Witchcraft has a lot more to do with it then simply flicking a wand and saying the magic words. Oh, and btw, children have an overactive imagination. It's good for them to imagine things. Scientific research proves that it helps their brain develop, and i'm sure both of us can agree on that. I'm sure that children who have read the bible stories have a very overactive imagination, picturing all the things that is says happened. I mean, of course they have to imagine it.
Children's minds are overactively imagining things. This is why they run around the house and act like beds are boats or something. I bet you did it as a child, they just imagine different things. Don't worry, they grow out of it eventually, but not always.