Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Bible Study > Favorite Bible Verses
Reload this Page One God Only, God Creates Evil, Don't Question God (Isaiah)
Favorite Bible Verses Brother Harry's Bible Study and more!

(#1)
Old
On Extended Furlough
True Christian™

OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default One God Only, God Creates Evil, Don't Question God (Isaiah) - 01-21-2007, 12:22 AM

God declares in no uncertain terms that He is THE GOD. There is no worshipping of the Like-A-Virgin Mary, or of "saints". There are no others beside Him!

Isaiah 45:5-10
5I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
6That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
7I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
8Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.
9Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? 10Woe unto him that saith unto his father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth?

But wait, there's more! Let's look at verse 7: "I make peace, and create evil".

Wait, didn't Pastor Feelgood say that God only does GOOD things? Sorry, Charlie. God creates both good AND evil.

Surely, that's an error! Right?

WRONG. God creates evil, brings evil, and sends evil spirits! God creates wicked people for Himself, for someone to punish!

Joshua 23:15
Therefore it shall come to pass, that as all good things are come upon you, which the LORD your God promised you; so shall the LORD bring upon you all evil things, until he have destroyed you from off this good land which the LORD your God hath given you.

1 Samuel 16:14
But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

2 Samuel 12:11
Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

Proverbs 16:4
The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Jeremiah 11:11
Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them.

Finally, God says not to question Him, or to argue with His words.

Now, how can someone "interpret" such clear and direct statements?

I am the only God. Yes, that's clear.

I, the only God, create good and evil alike. Hmm, no need to interpret that.

I, the only God, am not to be questioned. Yes, straightforward as well.

Thanks to God for giving us such clear and explicit instructions!!

Last edited by OnYourKnees; 01-21-2007 at 12:25 AM.
(#2)
Old
True Christian™ Theologian
Forum Member

SalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: One God Only, God Creates Evil, Don't Question God (Isaiah) - 01-21-2007, 01:53 AM

Ah, here are a few more verses for this very relevant subject, brother OYK.
Some of my personal favourites too.
PRAISE JESUS, HOLY BE HIS NAME!

Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid?
Shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
Amos 3:6

And they shall answer, Because they forsook the LORD their God, who brought forth their fathers out of the land of Egypt,
and have taken hold upon other gods, and have worshipped them, and served them:
Therefore hath the LORD brought upon them all this evil.
1 Kings 9:9

The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, after that Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard had let him go from Ramah,
when he had taken him being bound in chains among all that were carried away captive of Jerusalem and Judah, which were carried away captive unto Babylon.
And the captain of the guard took Jeremiah, and said unto him, The LORD thy God hath pronounced this evil upon this place.
Jeremiah 40:1-2

And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way;
And God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them;
And he did it not.
Jonah 3:10

If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: But if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
A foolish woman is clamorous: She is simple, and knoweth nothing.
Proverbs 9:12-13
(#3)
Old
CASTLES DON'T HAVE PHONES
Forum Member

TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.TwinkBoy has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: One God Only, God Creates Evil, Don't Question God (Isaiah) - 02-02-2007, 03:14 AM

So god creates both evil and good? Hmmm...that puts a whole new spin on everything doesn't it Moppets??? That means that god is not all good but has evil in him to doesn't it? So, your god is not pure as he himself is mixed with both light and darkness, good and evil. Well, the things we learn at the godly LBC never stop amazing me, MOPPPETS!

Still don't get it? THINK about it long and hard my moppets! God is in conflict with his own self! Light battles darkness and good battles evil within His own divine being! He is in conflict just as most humans are in conflict and battle the same.

The more I read on this forum the more I'm convinced that the REAL CREATOR is NOT your conflicted god but MY One Universal Creator!!

Some things just make you go...uhmmmmmmmm

"I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania."

"Don't dream it...BE IT!"
(#4)
Old
Ladies of Landover Senior VP
One of the Truest Christians™ Ever
Mama Grizzly and formerly Sister Mary Maria
True Christian™

Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls One Year/1000 posts Long service medal, 3rd class Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Christian Love Real American™ Cleanest Kitchen True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ Platinum Tither Ribfest '07 True Christian Homemaker Ex-Mary Worshipper Best stoning bucket Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS TC Bravery Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Friend of Jesus Most Obedient Mrs. Sarah Palin Lady of the Year 2010 Flat Earth Mission to Australia Mama Grizzly Persecuted Pro-Life The Hatchet Child Rearing Award Batman Shooting Survivor Guns, Guts and GLORY! Kirk Cameron Fan Club The Lord’s Witness Wound Early riser Proud Niglet Sponsorer Home Schooled Jailed for JESUS Paula Deen Negro Support Group Trump of GOD Donald Trump 2016! Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years

Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mrs. Mary Whitford will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: One God Only, God Creates Evil, Don't Question God (Isaiah) - 02-02-2007, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinkBoy View Post
Some things just make you go...uhmmmmmmmm
We don't need to hear about what you do with the large tallywhackers of well-endowed Negra bucks!

Posted via Prayer

1 Timothy 2:13-15 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
Bearing my husband's heirs and being SAVED!

Blogging for CHRIST!
Witnessing for GOD on YouTube!
All a-Twitter for Salvation!
Bringing Jesus to MySpace!
On FIRE for the Lord on Facebook!
My Ladies of Landover profile!
(#5)
Old
On Extended Furlough
True Christian™

OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.OnYourKnees is veritably a saint destined for a place in Heaven near Jesus' right hand.
Default Re: One God Only, God Creates Evil, Don't Question God (Isaiah) - 02-02-2007, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinkBoy View Post
So god creates both evil and good? Hmmm...that puts a whole new spin on everything doesn't it Moppets??? That means that god is not all good but has evil in him to doesn't it? So, your god is not pure as he himself is mixed with both light and darkness, good and evil. Well, the things we learn at the godly LBC never stop amazing me, MOPPPETS!

Still don't get it? THINK about it long and hard my moppets! God is in conflict with his own self! Light battles darkness and good battles evil within His own divine being! He is in conflict just as most humans are in conflict and battle the same.
Twink, your words above have suddenly made it clear to me! I understand why you think of Christians as you do, and what has so warped your fragile mind!

You’ve been exposed to two different types of False Christians, and mistakenly believed that they were not only the same, but also that they were True Christians™!

I believe you’ve been exposed to the hippy-dippy free-love Feelgood Christians. These False Christians run about spouting off about God being love, and loving everyone equally, and people of other faiths being able to get to Heaven if they’re nice people. They pick and choose occasional verses, like John 3:16, and then claim that the rest of the Bible doesn’t apply.

You’ve also, I have no doubt, been exposed to Bigot Christians. These False Christians start out with a prejudice against someone or other – transvestite Sodomites, for example – then dig through the Bible to find support for that prejudice. They conveniently ignore anything they don’t like – for example, verses describing divorcees as adulterers, claiming that it doesn’t apply because it was written for Jews, or some such nonsense.

I can see how putting these two types of False Christians together in your mind would lead you to believe bizarre things about us and about God! However, let me assure you that none of those people are True Christians™! Instead, we True Christians™ follow the ENTIRE Bible . . . Even the parts we don’t like, or that aren’t convenient!

As True Christians™, we understand that ALL things – good, evil, or indifferent – are God’s creation, and God’s will. God creates all things for His own purposes, not for our purposes.

Let me give you a few examples of True Christian™ Truth, contrasting popular myths with the Truth of the Bible:

The Popular Myth: God thought, when he created Satan (then Lucifer), that He’d have the ultimate hunting buddy for all eternity. God was shocked when Lucifer led a revolt against Him, and was sad to have to cast him out of Heaven and, following Judgment Day, into Hell.

The Biblical Truth: God is omniscient. He knows all, past, present, and FUTURE. You and I can’t surprise God, and neither could Lucifer. God knew before creating Lucifer that He’d be throwing him into Hell for eternal torture! He even knew that Lucifer would spend thousands of years messing with the minds of God’s later creation, humans!

The Popular Myth: God hopes that all the sinners of the world will come to Him in prayer and supplication, so He won’t have to be sad and cast any of them into Hell for eternal punishment for their finite sins.

The Biblical Truth: God is omniscient. He can’t hope for anything, as He already knows all outcomes – yours, and mine. When God created humans, He knew full well that nearly all of them were destined for eternal torture.

The Popular Myth: God cast Adam and Eve out of Eden for committing sin, which of course surprised him (as demonstrated by his search for them when he could not find them in the Garden).

The Biblical Truth: God punished Adam and Eve for eating fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Prior to eating of this Tree, Eve (and Adam) could not know that it was wrong to do so, even though Adam had been instructed not to eat of the tree, because they didn’t know right from wrong. This means they couldn’t know that it was wrong to disobey God, but He punished them for it anyway.

Bonus commentary! God is omniscient. Before He created Adam and Eve and the serpent, He knew what would transpire in the Garden, and how His humans would react.

A prime example of cherry-picking by modern False Christians:

The Popular Myth: Ezekiel 4:9 is a simple listing of grains we can eat, so a Christian company decided to follow the recipe and bake a Godly bread.

The Biblical Truth: Ezekiel 4:9-13 is the full recipe, in which Ezekiel was instructed by God to make a bread from particular grains, and bake it using human dung as fuel. I’m guessing the Food for Life people did a little cherry-picking here; wouldn’t you agree?

Now, a final example:

The Popular Myth: God created butterflies.

The Biblical Truth: God created butterflies.

Last edited by OnYourKnees; 02-02-2007 at 06:24 AM.