Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Focus on Family - Christian Parenting
Reload this Page Discussion on Video Games
Focus on Family - Christian Parenting A place where parents can get good Godly advice on how to raise a family: how to properly administer corporal punishment, which movies to avoid, and more!

(#21)
Old
True Christian™ Beauty Queen

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year True Christian™ True Christian Beauty True Christian Lady True Christian Homemaker True Heterosexual™ Best Pie Tin Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient Eats the Most Pork Christian Love Victory Over Sex True Republican Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Prayer Warrior Kirk Cameron Fan Club Paula Deen Negro Support Group Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Roper Crossburn Trumpette Home Schooled Saved 5 Years 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College Long service medal, 3rd class Trump of GOD Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus GLORY Saved 10 Years

VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Artyo View Post
1) That's not the point.
2) This game is on the *gasp* WII. Sega hasn't had a console in years.
3) The screenshot that I put up? That operation has a man with glass in his heart. He was in a *gasp* CAR CRASH, and was in cardiac arrest. I remember everything exactly; even his body height and weight listed in the report.
1) Of course it's not the point, because you don't have one.
2) What if I just use the term "Tool of Satan" to sum up the lot of them?
3) Here in America, we have shatterproof glass in our cars. A few years ago, just before I found Christ, I was in a car wreck where my head went through the windshield. I didn't get glass in my heart. If a man has glass in his heart, it's because GOD put it there to remind him that his Heart and Soul are fragile and he needs to give himself over to the Lord...which is exactly what you need to do this instant.
(#22)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

H-Artyo is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 08:40 PM

By the way DirtBike: Hi.

I'd be talking in all orange here, but I can't seem to find the option. :/
(#23)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

DirtBike06 is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
By the way DirtBike: Hi.

I'd be talking in all orange here, but I can't seem to find the option. :/
So Im guessing your Hario? Hi.

(these guys don't know what they're saying)
(#24)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryOS View Post
1) Of course it's not the point, because you don't have one.
2) What if I just use the term "Tool of Satan" to sum up the lot of them?
3) Here in America, we have shatterproof glass in our cars. A few years ago, just before I found Christ, I was in a car wreck where my head went through the windshield. I didn't get glass in my heart. If a man has glass in his heart, it's because GOD put it there to remind him that his Heart and Soul are fragile and he needs to give himself over to the Lord...which is exactly what you need to do this instant.
1) My point is that not all wounds can be healed through God. If you have a splinter in your finger, God wouldn't come down and extract it himself now, would he?
2) Whatever floats your boat.
3) That doesn't mean that if you hit the glass hard enough it wouldn't break. And my green amigo, unfortunately, the case file didn't include everything; let's say this clutter of polygons and pixels was a real man. What if he was more religious than all of us put together? Why would God feel the need to get this man in a car crash and shove glass in his heart?

PS: If you really wanna talk Satanic, go look up the Healing Touch. :/
(#25)
Old

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year True Christian™ True Christian Beauty True Christian Lady True Christian Homemaker True Heterosexual™ Best Pie Tin Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Ex-Masturbator Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient Eats the Most Pork Christian Love Victory Over Sex True Republican Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Prayer Warrior Kirk Cameron Fan Club Paula Deen Negro Support Group Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Roper Crossburn Trumpette Home Schooled Saved 5 Years 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College Long service medal, 3rd class Trump of GOD Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus GLORY Saved 10 Years

VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!VictoryOS will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
What if he was more religious than all of us put together? Why would God feel the need to get this man in a car crash and shove glass in his heart?
More religious than you, certainly. More religious than the True Christians of this board? Not likely. And it's not up to us to question what God does or how he does it. We are only supposed to worship Him and praise Him at every chance we get. And when He isn't shoving glass into our hearts, we should be thankful to Him for that.

Quote:
PS: If you really wanna talk Satanic, go look up the Healing Touch. :/
No thank you, but I appreciate the warning!
(#26)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryOS View Post
More religious than you, certainly. More religious than the True Christians of this board? Not likely. And it's not up to us to question what God does or how he does it. We are only supposed to worship Him and praise Him at every chance we get. And when He isn't shoving glass into our hearts, we should be thankful to Him for that.

No thank you, but I appreciate the warning!
Meh, it's not fun to argue if you're not angry, so here's something about the Healing Touch from Wikipedia:

"The Healing Touch is an ability that, according to the ancient Greeks, descended from Asclepius, the Greek god of medicine. It allows a surgeon to focus his concentration to superhuman levels in order to move extremely quickly and precisely for a limited amount of time. In the surgeon's mind, this appears to slow time. ... Like the DS version, the Healing Touch is activated by drawing a star on the screen, and how well the star is drawn has an effect on how much time the player is given. Mastering this move can prove challenging, and it can only be used once in an entire operation."

Oh, by the way, to add fuel to the fire: The star drawn is a pentagram.
(#27)
Old
True Christian™ Theologian
Forum Member

SalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBike06 View Post
do you have a brother or sister? and do you love them?
I have 2 younger sisters, still breathing unfortunately, and an older half-brother currently burning in HELL.
And I hate them all, as Christ commands.
Why do you ask?

If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: But if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
A foolish woman is clamorous: She is simple, and knoweth nothing.
Proverbs 9:12-13
(#28)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvationSeeker View Post
I have 2 younger sisters, still breathing unfortunately, and an older half-brother currently burning in HELL.
And I hate them all, as Christ commands.
Why do you ask?

The bible says that you must hate your brothers and sisters.

Excuse me, but THAT IS JUST BULLSHIIIIIIIT.
(#29)
Old

Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Meh, it's not fun to argue if you're not angry, so here's something about the Healing Touch from Wikipedia:

"The Healing Touch is an ability that, according to the ancient Greeks, descended from Asclepius, the Greek god of medicine. It allows a surgeon to focus his concentration to superhuman levels in order to move extremely quickly and precisely for a limited amount of time. In the surgeon's mind, this appears to slow time. ... Like the DS version, the Healing Touch is activated by drawing a star on the screen, and how well the star is drawn has an effect on how much time the player is given. Mastering this move can prove challenging, and it can only be used once in an entire operation."

Oh, by the way, to add fuel to the fire: The star drawn is a pentagram.
Oh. Well, that's not as bad as I was afraid it woould be. I thought it had something to do with tallywackers and such. It still sounds like a trick from Satan though.
(#30)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 09:15 PM

Another game:

Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney

Tell me your opinion.
(#31)
Old
Forum Member

SalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureSalvationSeeker has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:

The bible says that you must hate your brothers and sisters.

Excuse me, but THAT IS JUST BULLSHIIIIIIIT.
What you mean "bullshit"? The Bible DOES say that.
So how could it ever be "bullshit"?

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters,
Yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Luke 14:26

If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: But if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.
(#32)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 09:19 PM

Whatever floats your boat; I'm only here to state my opinion.
(#33)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God

Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 09:20 PM

you hate your brothers and sisters? my friend, you must love your neighbors as yourself.
(#34)
Old
Forum Member

Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Another game:

Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney

Tell me your opinion.
Don't you even look at those pictures you post?
The girl in the first one is obviously a harlot, dressed immodestly and just waiting to offer herself to the first man that passes her by..
And the man in the last picture probably is that man and would have fornicated with her, if it weren't for the fact that he's so obviously gay.
The third picture.. I wonder what went on in that one before it was censored?

Not to mention it's all anime, so you just know it's perverted in more ways than you can count.
Jesus pukes.

(#35)
Old
Forum Member

Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBike06 View Post
you hate your brothers and sisters? my friend, you must love your neighbors as yourself.
If you're saying my unsaved family are my neighbors then you haven't read the Bible... (Only True Christians are neighbors.)
And the Bible would contradict itself then but it doesn't.
The error is in your "interpretation".

Besides, how much love does Luke 14:26 says I'm to have for myself?

(#36)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Don't you even look at those pictures you post?
The girl in the first one is obviously a harlot, dressed immodestly and just waiting to offer herself to the first man that passes her by..
And the man in the last picture probably is that man and would have fornicated with her, if it weren't for the fact that he's so obviously gay.
The third picture.. I wonder what went on in that one before it was censored?

Not to mention it's all anime, so you just know it's perverted in more ways than you can count.
Jesus pukes.
There are only two screenies, but I'm still up to bat.

1) It's a police woman. She's Phoenix's first client, and Phoenix is a defense attorney. Defending her for *gas*p MURDER.
2) It's evidence.
3) You call out "OBJECTION!" to object to a witness's testimony. It's a court of law, after all.
4) That's just a close-up of Phoenix's face, and he is obviously straight. Most of the third game revolves around his relationship with a certain girl. And there is no smut whatsoever in the game.
(#37)
Old
Forum Member

Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
There are only two screenies, but I'm still up to bat.

1) It's a police woman. She's Phoenix's first client, and Phoenix is a defense attorney. Defending her for *gas*p MURDER.
2) It's evidence.
3) You call out "OBJECTION!" to object to a witness's testimony. It's a court of law, after all.
4) That's just a close-up of Phoenix's face, and he is obviously straight. Most of the third game revolves around his relationship with a certain girl. And there is no smut whatsoever in the game.
You can't lie to Jesus.

(#38)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
You can't lie to Jesus.
What the? How the hell am I lying? Because I didn't say what the Objection was covering?
(#39)
Old
Forum Member

Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
What the? How the hell am I lying? Because I didn't say what the Objection was covering?
So you admit it was covering up the repulsive act of 'tentacle sodomy' that is so commonly portrayed in anime?

(#40)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God

Default Re: Discussion on Video Games - 01-03-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
So you admit it was covering up the repulsive act of 'tentacle sodomy' that is so commonly portrayed in anime?
You, my friend, is what you call a "dumbass"