X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Worst False Religion?

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
    Mary-worshiping papists are no different than atheists. They both mock God, they both embrace child molestation and perversion, and they both have a special place in hell reserved for them.

That's a shame but if is that the God's plan, I just will see from the heaven how much my family and friends burn in hell

Comment

Originally posted by Magnolia View Post
      That's a shame but if is that the God's plan, I just will see from the heaven how much my family and friends burn in hell
      Dear Speedy Gonzales:

Please go back to your introduction thread and finish introducing yourself.

YIC,

Pastor Ezekiel
      Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Magnolia View Post
        You can laugh at them right along with God!

(Psalms 2:4) "He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zechariah Smyth View Post
          You can laugh at them right along with God!

(Psalms 2:4) "He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision."

wow! that could be Glorious!! I hope that to happend!!!

Comment

• Re: POLL: The Worst False Religion?

On the original topic:

There's no hierarchy in hell!
            But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy. (2 Chronicles 36:16)

The Bible is perfect and contains ZERO contradictions: A True Christian™ guide to logic
            Using a spirit level to identify homosexuals: A guide for those without the "gaydar"
            "eSports": Become Usain Bolt without leaving your sofa

Comment

Us Catholics don't worship Mary. We honor and respect her because she's the Mother of God.
              Matthew 16:24-25
              Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me.
              For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lauren the drunken mick View Post
                Us Catholics don't worship Mary. We honor and respect her because she's the Mother of God.
                You pray to her. How is that different from worshiping?

From a Catholic website:

Prayers to the Blessed Virgin Mary

Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, And after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
                O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ...

Holy Mary,
                help those in need,
                give strength to the weak,
                comfort the sorrowful,
                pray for God's people,
                assist the clergy,
                intercede for religious...
                These are just the top two prayers from a very long list.

Here is a picture of a bunch of heathens praying to Mary (it's the big statue on the altar; the cross is kinda small and hard to spot on this picture).
                God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                True Christians are Perfect!
                True Christian™ Love.
                Salvation™ made Easy!
                You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                God HATES Rational Thinking!
                True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

The dictionary begs to differ.

wor·ship [wur-ship] Show IPA
                  noun
                  1. reverent honor and homage paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred.
                  2. formal or ceremonious rendering of such honor and homage: They attended worship this morning.
                  3. adoring reverence or regard: excessive worship of business success.
                  4. the object of adoring reverence or regard.
                  5. ( initial capital letter ) British . a title of honor used in addressing or mentioning certain magistrates and others of high rank or station (usually preceded by Your, His, or Her ).
                  verb (used with object), wor·shiped, wor·ship·ing or ( especially British ) wor·shipped, wor·ship·ping.
                  6. to render religious reverence and homage to.
                  7. to feel an adoring reverence or regard for (any person or thing).

verb (used without object), wor·shiped, wor·ship·ing or ( especially British ) wor·shipped, wor·ship·ping.
                  8. to render religious reverence and homage, as to a deity.
                  9. to attend services of divine worship.
                  10. to feel an adoring reverence or regard.
                  Bolded the pertinent bits.

Comment

Typo for she was? Or do you really believe her to be immortal?
                    2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Comment

Originally posted by Attila's Wife View Post
                      Well, they do pray to her, Mrs. Hun, so they are either a) so stupid to think that she is somehow immortal/undead, or b) so stupid that they pray to a dead corpse. I dunno which one of these two options is worse.

Either way, all Mary worshipers are on their way to .
                      God created fossils to test our faith.

My favorite LBC sermons:
                      True Christians are Perfect!
                      True Christian™ Love.
                      Salvation™ made Easy!
                      You can’t be a Christian if you don’t believe the Old Testament.
                      Jesus is impolite. Deal with it.
                      Jesus is xenophobic and so should we.
                      Sanctity of Life is NOT a Biblical Concept.
                      Biblical view on modern-day slavery.
                      The Immorality of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights."
                      Geneva Conventions vs. The Holy Bible.
                      God HATES Rational Thinking!
                      True Christian™ Man as a spitting image of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Basilissa View Post
                        Well, they do pray to her, Mrs. Hun, so they are either a) so stupid to think that she is somehow immortal/undead, or b) so stupid that they pray to a dead corpse. I dunno which one of these two options is worse. -.
                        Makes no difference in the end, as either way they are "so stupid".

They can't be taking her too seriously though, if they talk about "her" and "she" without capital letters.
                        2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Comment

Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post
                          The dictionary begs to differ.

Bolded the pertinent bits.
                          Don't you know that respect and honor and different than worship?
                          Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me.
                          For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

Comment

Hmm, who should I believe: the dictionary, or some anonymous guy on the internets...?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Attila's Wife View Post
                              Ever heard of the Assumption of Mary?

Comment

As the dictionary says, once you bring the "religious" bit into it, there is no difference.

So no response to Mrs. E's pointing out the PRAYERS TO MARY?

Allow me to revisit one of them:

Prayer to Mary, Our Lady of Walsingham

O Mary, recall the solemn moment when Jesus,
                                your divine Son, dying on the Cross,
                                confided us to your maternal care.
                                You are our Mother, we desire ever to remain your devout children.
                                Let us therefore feel the effects of your powerful intercession with Jesus Christ.
                                make your Name again glorious in the shrine once renowned throughout England by your visits, favours, and many miracles.
                                Pray, O holy Mother of God, for the conversion of England, restoration of the sick, consolation for the afflicted, repentance of sinners, peace to the departed.
                                O blessed Mary, Mother of God, our Lady of Walsingham, intercede for us.
                                Amen.
                                Now why don't you go and check your Bible to see what it says about Mary's "intercession" with Jesus? Or what it says about her being immortal? Or what it says about her also being immaculately conceived? Or what it says about her rising to Heaven?

Comment

Working...
                                X