X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is JESUS CHRIST, SUPERSTAR safe?

When I was a young girl, before I was Saved©, I was so in love with all the big budget musicals! I used to sing and dance around the house...and I still do so like to hear my housekeeper, old Vavoline Johnson, wailing out her heartfelt negro spirituals while she's down on her knees, scrubbing away : )

I just wish there were some good True Christian™ musicals, with lots of merry, old time singing and dancing! (I almost rented Newsies the other day, about cute little newsboys suffering in Depression-Era NYC...until I noticed that wh*re Ann-Margret is in it.)

Is the new musical Jesus Christ, Superstar okay? At least it seems to have some God™ in it.

I don't know if I should click on this!

Re: Is JESUS CHRIST, SUPERSTAR safe?

Originally posted by Mistress Cookie View Post
    When I was a young girl, before I was Saved©, I was so in love with all the big budget musicals! I used to sing and dance around the house...and I still do so like to hear my housekeeper, old Vavoline Johnson, wailing out her heartfelt negro spirituals while she's down on her knees, scrubbing away : )

I just wish there were some good True Christian™ musicals, with lots of merry, old time singing and dancing! (I almost rented Newsies the other day, about cute little newsboys suffering in Depression-Era NYC...until I noticed that wh*re Ann-Margret is in it.)

Is the new musical Jesus Christ, Superstar okay? At least it seems to have some God™ in it.

I don't know if I should click on this!

Sister I thought this would be a simple question to answer after watching this video rendition. While it is apparent with just a glance that this is not only a song of praise but it is accompanied by an interpretive dance that the bible is insistent on Psalm 149:3. You know that is something you see too little of in modern Church settings, interpretive dance. Of course it is not mandatory. This is what me take a 2nd watching of the video. With this some issues arrive.
    1. Why was there a black man appearing in the video. There are quite a few very good Anglo Saxon singers that would have brought a touch of reality to the part. I mean this was supposed to be happening in the deserts of the Sinai. There is no jungle with in thousands of miles, right?
    2. I thought the nigra brought a raw animal passion to the role, something you would never expect from our white True Christian ancestors.
    3. Then, concentrating on the lyrics I became confused. I mean was this a modern rendition of a Psalm of praise or is the nigra actually questioning the life of our Lord!
    Well I don't have to tell you that when that thought began forming in my head I shut down the video, then shut down the computer and finally removed the fuses of my home just to make sure those thoughts didn't get back in. I spent the next 4 hours in my prayer closet deep in rapturous prayer.
    I now have a call in to Pastor Zeke to discuss these upsetting Ideas. I for one will not turn that video on again until Pastor Zeke helps me reconcile these thoughts! Mistress Cookie I would suggest you think long and hard before you watch this film, or video. At very least get a Pastors guidance before risking it! YIC Benedict
    sigpic 1 Chronicles 16:15
    Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations ... an everlasting covenant.
    Proverbs 30:5,6: Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
    Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Comment

Thank you, Brother! You have truly "taken a bullet" for us all by investigating.

Bless you...and PRAISE!

I'll have to content myself with one of my beloved Kathryn Kuhlman tapes. He blessed voice singsongs around so much, it's almost like she's singing, anyway : )

Comment

WAIT wait wait WAIT...

It seems there's a children's puppet version!!

Surely this one would be cleaned up enough?

Can we listen......pleeeeeeeaaaasssseeeee??

Comment

I hate to break this to you Sister Cookie, but Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice are despicable heathens that are destined for an eternity in HELL (aka The Lake of Fire) unless they repent.

To summarize the theme of Jesus Christ Superstar, Jesus was not divine but was a fascinating and magnetic man of good intentions who let things get out of control. Overwhelmed by His own fame, He desired to return to a simpler, more sincere life, but He couldn’t. Of the disciples, only Judas recognized what was happening. He hated what Jesus had become but still loved Him and wanted to help Him. Jesus saw only one way out of His predicament: to die as a martyr; then, perhaps, some of His good teaching might be remembered.

Of course, this is not biblical. Jesus is more than just a man; He is the Son of God (John 10:30). Jesus never lost sight of His mission to seek and save the lost (Luke 19:10), which required His sacrificial death on the cross as payment for our sin (1 Peter 3:18). Jesus did not just die; He rose again (1 Peter 1:3).

Jesus Christ Superstar is more than a popular opera that happens to get some facts wrong. It is an attempt to rewrite history. It makes the traitor Judas Iscariot a victim and reduces the Lord Jesus Christ to a burnt-out celebrity who is in over His head.
          Is the rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar biblical? How does the plot of Jesus Christ Superstar compare to the biblical Gospels?
          Now I know what many Broadway fans are going to say - "but I really like Cats". Well, among the other many sins of Andrew Lloyd Webber it turns out he was a plagiarist.

Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
          brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
          ...and get off my lawn
          sigpic

Comment

I had no idea he was a d*mned LIMEY!!

And it's disgusting that he changed The Greatest Story Ever Told (The Bible) for his own uses!! I am so glad I DID NOT watch the clip, and I WILL NOT watch the clip! Because I refuse to put a single PENNY in his thieving pocket!

But what musicals will I watch now? Are any safe??

Comment

hi ,

i'm sorry to say that jesus doesn't exist and there is also no such thing as a god.

Bye fagggssss

Comment

Originally posted by gillesman64 View Post
                hi ,

i'm sorry to say that jesus doesn't exist and there is also no such thing as a god.

Bye fagggssss
                You make a compelling argument. Yup, I've decided to renounce Jesus and accept an Eternity in Hell because some anonymous internet super genius called us "fagggssss."

Tell you what, buttercup: how about you prove to me using Scripture that Jesus doesn't exist? That would be something!

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth
                sigpic

Comment

hi ,

I'm sorry to tell you, but you are wrong.

Bye fagggssss
                  Bye now homophobic.

Comment

My dear Mistress Cookie. That movie was directed by Norman Jewison , who also directed things like that joo movie Fiddler on the Roof. Need I say more?

Comment

Originally posted by Mother Of Seven View Post
                      My dear Mistress Cookie. That movie was directed by Norman Jewison Need I say more?
                      OMG!!! Thank you, Sister! I had no idea! I thought the American Musical was invented and maintained by real Americans!

Too disturbing for words! I am sickened.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm going to "play it safe" and just stick with my minstrel show tapes for the weekend. It's wonderful because you get all that merry native energy in the performances, but because all the singers are really white underneath it all, you don't have to have a black person in the house (even if it's just on TV)

Comment

Originally posted by Mistress Cookie View Post
                        OMG!!! Thank you, Sister! I had no idea! I thought the American Musical was invented and maintained by real Americans!

Too disturbing for words! I am sickened.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm going to "play it safe" and just stick with my minstrel show tapes for the weekend. It's wonderful because you get all that merry native energy in the performances, but because all the singers are really white underneath it all, you don't have to have a black person in the house (even if it's just on TV)
                        Indeed, Sister Mo7 brings up a salient point - Broadway is dominated by joos and Big Gay - how else do you explain the popularity of Judy Garland, yet no one today has ever heard of Deanna Durbin.

You have to go back a ways to appreciate what ever came close to a "true" American musical. Take for example this scene from "Showboat" depicting peaceful nigras from the glory days of the antebellum South (and notice the careful product placement box of Aunt Jemima on the table - nice touch). Of course once again we have the joo "problem" (Jerome Kern and Oscar Hammerstein).

Hell's foundations quiver at the shout of praise;
                        brothers, lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
                        ...and get off my lawn
                        sigpic

Comment

Why waste your time in Joo York watching fags and dykes prance around on stage in flamboyant garments when you can just go to any SUPER-Church®?

Comment

Working...
                          X