Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Christian history forum
Reload this Page Nero, the mad king of Rome feeds CHRISTIAN MARTYRS to Lions
Christian history forum This forum is dedicated to the history of Christianity, and its impact on the history of the world.

(#1)
Old
Forum Member

Protected by JESUS Friend of Jesus

Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Nero, the mad king of Rome feeds CHRISTIAN MARTYRS to Lions - 01-20-2014, 07:57 PM

As recorded in history, the ancient Romans were some evil despots; the pedigree of Roman Catholic, boy buggering Papist thugs go that far to the times of Julius Caesar and Caligula - Nero however proves himself to be the biggest anti-Christian asshole of all times.

(GRAPHIC VIDEO of Christians being fed alive to lions-- viewer discretion advised. Not safe for minors.)

This video should however be viewed for the calm disposition with which early Christian martyrs stare in the face of death amid sneering crowds and a pompous braggart King that thought he was some sort of musician.

I wonder what might have been the last KJV verse on their lips; my guess is Psalm 23:4 - "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil......."

Even today, True Christians everywhere are being persecuted for our beliefs. We're the only people who come in peace to our heathen acquaintances, never show aggression or violence, politely ask them to convert to Christianity...where is the gratitude? Today itself I got punched in the face for quoting John 3:16 among God-mockers and atheists. They threatened to seize my Bible and burn it, I wasn't fazed one bit by this unprovoked violence. Just felt pity for the fools.

Remember the faces of early Christian martyrs: if they managed to stay true to Christ even in the presence of hungry lions, us Christians of 21st century should be easily able to take a few scornful words, rude insults....as a matter of fact, suffering persecution makes me feel closer to Christ. AMEN.
(#2)
Old
Christ's Battle Axe

True Christian™ True Christian Lady True Heterosexual™ True Christian Beauty Bronze Tither Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Friend of Jesus Christian Love Flat Earth Most Obedient Pro-Life Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Prayer Warrior Touched by Jesus Stamp of Approval Mama Grizzly Trumpette Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years Clorox Cured Me QAnon Storm Chaser Roper Crossburn Real American™ TC Bravery Teabag Patriot True Republican Anti-Biden

Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Virginia Day Templeton will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Nero, the mad king of Rome feeds CHRISTIAN MARTYRS to Lions - 01-20-2014, 10:49 PM

When you really think about it, is this any different from gay marriage?

(#3)
Old
Unsaved trash, foreign papist

Cathlick Perv

Regens Kuechl is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Regens Kuechl is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Regens Kuechl is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Regens Kuechl is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Regens Kuechl is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Regens Kuechl is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Regens Kuechl is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Regens Kuechl is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Regens Kuechl is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.Regens Kuechl is a sinner who is given over to unnatural affections and blasphemy, and whose chances of Salvation© are limited.
Default Re: Nero, the mad king of Rome feeds CHRISTIAN MARTYRS to Lions - 02-05-2014, 07:41 PM

I am not sure if that is historically accurate, for it is not proven that Christians ever were fed to lions and than I heard that Emperor Nero was not so bad at all

As a matter of fact he was a genius and a very humane ruler. He even tried to ban killings in the arena even of criminals

Ex 20:4-5 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; <--- That includes Mary
(#4)
Old
Forum Member

Protected by JESUS Friend of Jesus

Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.Christian_soldier has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Nero, the mad king of Rome feeds CHRISTIAN MARTYRS to Lions - 02-05-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regens Kuechl View Post
I heard that Emperor Nero was not so bad at all
Let's see, from Devil's own source called wikipedia:
  • Nero fiddles "O Lambent Flame, O Force Devine" on his lyre while Rome burns down completely. Clearly ignoring administration matters in order to feed his attention for praise.
  • He has his own mother executed because she wouldn't agree to his uncontrollable lust for another woman while still married.
  • He "burned ten years' worth of Arabia's incense production at the funeral of one of his wives.
  • To fund his foolhardy construction projects much like they do so in Dubai in present times, Nero devalued the Roman currency for the first time in the Empire's history. The cost to rebuild Rome was immense, requiring funds the state treasury did not have.
  • Like the coward he was, Nero committed suicide when the Roman Senate declared him public enemy number one baying for his blood. He didn't have the courage to pull the trigger himself but made one of his mistresses do it for him. It is well known that while dying, he cried like a bleating lamb. And never repented to Jesus.

Sounds like a mighty douchebag to me. Well, to be fair, Nero did have some redeeming qualities: e.g. he fulfilled Jesus's prophecy for dispatching soldiers in 70 AD who would go on and completely destroy Jerusalem.
(#5)
Old
Gushing for Jesus

Protected by JESUS Christian Love Heaven Bound Ready for the Rapture Cleanest Kitchen Ex-Mary Worshipper True Christian™ Real American™ True Christian Caucasian Persecuted Pro-Life Most Obedient Friend of Jesus True Christian Homemaker True Christian Beauty 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College True Republican Mother of 1 boy or 2.5 girls Quiverful Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Super Soaker Baptism Award 3rd Year Bible College One Year/1000 posts True Christian Lady Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Tomato Staker Hatchet Child Rearing Award Kirk Cameron Fan Club Saved 1 Year Prayer Warrior The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking The Hatchet Child Rearing Award 4th Year Bible College Paula Deen Negro Support Group TC Bravery Touched by Jesus Heart of compassion Babysitter Stamp of Approval Home Schooled Trump of GOD Rick Perry's Niggerhead Ranch The Lord’s Witness Wound The Lord’s Witness Wound Donald Trump 2016! Trumpette Anti-sodomy Mama Grizzly Platinum Tither Best stoning bucket 2015 Witch Hunt Award Hands Off Pastor Ezekiel Crown of Glory Crown of Rejoicing Saved 5 Years BFF of Jesus Gunfest '14 Proud Survivor of the Overwatch Wars Probing for Jesus Wall of Jesus Alternative Facts 20,000 posts Crown of Righteousness Flat Earth Anti-abortion GLORY Hold re-election 2020 for Jesus Team Fortress Rebuker Extraordinaire Proud TP Rebuker for Christ Anti-Biden Public Awareness Medal

Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Mary Etheldreda will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Nero, the mad king of Rome feeds CHRISTIAN MARTYRS to Lions - 02-06-2014, 05:01 AM

A wonderful history lesson and timely reminder for us, friend! I often think of the poor Christians during the era of Nero and his heartless reign every time someone wages war on Christmas. I do think, after much thought and prayer, that today's True Christians face a greater call to suffer for Christ than they did back in these Roman days. The inflictions and oppression we face today are almost insurmountable, what with the whole country trying to turn our children queer or face legal, social, and political persecution. If it weren't for the Spirit of God, I don't think I would have made it this many years.

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.