X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Metal Band "Greenday" Threatens Our Youth!

Originally posted by KC_Loves_Green_Day View Post
    You type of people are what turn me off to religion...if being a Christian is nothing but being filled with hate...I don't want any part of it!
    If living a moral life and calling out sin where I see it are what you call hate, I am guess I am as hateful as they come.
    sigpic
    The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
    - Proverbs 15:3

CHILDREN'S STORY: TIMMY ON TRIAL

CHRISTIAN ADVICE AND MESSAGES OF HOPE! GOD'S GREATEST HITS!

Comment

I've noticed that you bible-thumpers are alot like 5-year olds...you think you win when you get the last word but really you don't.

Don't you think you guys would be able to "save" so many more people if you didn't bash them all the time and showed them love like Jesus did? Jesus didn't hate or judge...he hung out with the sinners and befriended them...not put them down or condem them to hell. Think about that....how could something that started out so full a love turn into a religion full of hate?

Comment

First of all we are required to judge and preach:

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. -2 Timothy 4:2

Second, if you'll refer to the original post, all music must be of a GODly, wholesome nature. Heavy metal does not qualify as such, nor any form of rock for that matter.

Yes, JESUS did "hang out" with sinners and heathens, but only for the same reasons that any True Christian associates with sinners. He was on a mission to recruit them to True Christianity. Notice what the Bible tells us to do when people won't drop what they're doing and follow us into Glory:

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. -Matthew 10:14

In other words, have nothing to do with sinners unless you're attempting to save them!

Being gay or bisexual is obviously immoral and perverted and I do not feel the need to clarify that further considering how easy it would be for you to look here.
        sigpic
        The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
        - Proverbs 15:3

CHILDREN'S STORY: TIMMY ON TRIAL

CHRISTIAN ADVICE AND MESSAGES OF HOPE! GOD'S GREATEST HITS!

Comment

I've noticed that you bible-thumpers are alot like 5-year olds...you think you win when you get the last word but really you don't.

Don't you think you guys would be able to "save" so many more people if you didn't bash them all the time and showed them love like Jesus did? Jesus didn't hate or judge...he hung out with the sinners and befriended them...not put them down or condem them to hell. Think about that....how could something that started out so full a love turn into a religion full of hate?
          Who is this "Jesus" you speak of, because He certainly doesn't sound like the Jesus in my Bible! Jesus doesn't hate? Jesus doesn't judge? Jesus doesn't send anyone to Hell? Try opening up your Bible and reading closer.

Revelation 20:11-15
          11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
          12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
          13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
          14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
          15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

There you have Jesus (God) judging everybody and sending the worthless sinners straight to Hell. Unless of course, you deny Jesus being God, which is heresy and completely against what the Bible says. Fine, let's look to the Gospels...

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

(Jesus telling us we can judge others.)

Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

(Jesus telling us explicitly that we must hate our own family before joining Him.)

Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
          Matthew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

(Jesus saying He will judge and condemn others.)

He also didn't "hang out and befriend" sinners. He witnessed to them. He never said "It's okay to keep sinning and doing what you're doing, you're cool.". No, He preached to them and tried to make them His followers. For example, the famous story about the woman that was about to be stoned and Jesus said that whoever is without sin to cast the first stone. Sounds like he is supporting the woman, right? Wrong. He tells her. "Go and sin no more."

Watch the #1 Televangelist Gospel Hour in the World! "Turn or Burn: Accept Christ or Go to Hell with Rev. Jim Osborne." Check your local cable listings.

Comment

Luke 6:37, "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven."

Leviticus 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I [am] the LORD

1Sa 18:1 And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.

1Sa 18:2 And Saul took him that day, and would let him go no more home to his father's house.

1Sa 18:3 Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.

1Sa 18:4 And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that [was] upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.

Matthew 19:11-12.

"For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother’s womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven’s sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.”

i just poked a bunch of holes in your argument

Comment

Luke 6:37, "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven."
              Yes, the infamous "judge not" verse. Unfortunately you misunderstand it. Please read my sermon here which explains what Jesus is talking about.
              Leviticus 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I [am] the LORD
              Yes. Neighbor, as in fellow True Christians™. Nowhere does it say to love everybody or sinners. Furthermore, God commands us to live with other Christians and stay away from sinners.

2nd Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

1Sa 18:1 And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.
              1Sa 18:2 And Saul took him that day, and would let him go no more home to his father's house.
              1Sa 18:3 Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.
              1Sa 18:4 And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that [was] upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
              What is your point with this?

Matthew 19:11-12.

"For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother’s womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven’s sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.”

i just poked a bunch of holes in your argument
              What do eunuchs have to do with anything? I think you're just posting random Scripture verses because they have nothing to do with the context of our discussion.

By the way, you haven't responded to the Scripture I used. You said Jesus doesn't hate, judge, send people to Hell, etc. and I proved you wrong. Are you willing to concede defeat to me?

Watch the #1 Televangelist Gospel Hour in the World! "Turn or Burn: Accept Christ or Go to Hell with Rev. Jim Osborne." Check your local cable listings.

Comment

What Bible are YOU reading? The FMUTMMSFBABMSL verson?!? (Fake Made Up To Make Myself Feel Better About My Shitty Life)

Luke 6:27-36

[27] "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, [28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. [29] If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. [30] Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. [31] Do to others as you would have them do to you.

John 13:34: A new comandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. (KJV)

Comment

the 1 sam ones where from ur previous post..i couldnt post fast enough before u put ur next one up...as for the eunches one I copied the wrong one

Comment

and you guys can stop acting like children and "reporting me"...i'm just quoting scripture...and not taking it out of context....that is how my preacher teaches it...i am not baptist...i do not have to interperate it the same as you do...so basically it's an "infraction" when ever someone has a different opionion than you? that sucks....this board sucks...this religion sucks...i'm done here now...i've had my fun of messing with the bible thumping idiots...i'm going to go jam to Green Day now and burn in hell...which wont be so bad because hopefully you guys wont be there

Comment

"Jesus Of Suburbia"
                      Blah blah blah, barely rhymes or scans
                      Last edited by Brother Temperance; 11-04-2010, 06:55 PM. Reason: Removed space-wasting Satanic spam

Comment

and you guys can stop acting like children and "reporting me"
                        We're the ones acting like children? None of the brothers are the ones that signed onto a Christian site because they were all butthurt over their favorite band (which you seem to love more than Jesus) was insulted. In fact you seem to have no problem with insulting Jesus at all.

...i'm just quoting scripture...and not taking it out of context....that is how my preacher teaches it...
                        Well perhaps instead of being spoon fed all the fuzzy stuff by some priest, you should get your lazy nose into a KJV Bible and find out what it REALLY says, because you are quoting out of context.

i am not baptist...i do not have to interperate it the same as you do.
                        2nd Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
                        We don't "interperate"[sic] the Bible, we read it. You should actually try it sometime.

..so basically it's an "infraction" when ever someone has a different opionion than you? that sucks....this board sucks...this religion sucks...i'm done here now...i've had my fun of messing with the bible thumping idiots...i'm going to go jam to Green Day now and burn in hell...which wont be so bad because hopefully you guys wont be there
                        Translation:
                        Drama queen

Comment

What Bible are YOU reading? The FMUTMMSFBABMSL verson?!? (genuine Made Up To Make Myself Feel Better About My Shitty Life)
                          No, the King James. I'm sorry you don't have the capability to understand the queen's English.

Luke 6:27-36

[27] "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, [28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. [29] If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. [30] Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. [31] Do to others as you would have them do to you.
                          Amen! Who wouldn't want our neighbor to warn us that our house was burning down?

How have you personally lived these verses in your life? Have you sold all you own according to God's Word?

Luke 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

If not, I can understand that you are as big of a hypocrite as these landovarians.
                          Proverbs 25:21-22 If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:
                          For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.

Comment

no not really.....i just thought it would be fun to mess with you guys...my friend showed me this site and we thought it was very funny so that's why we made accounts...to mess with the "faith fanatics" i could care less about what you guys think about Green Day...i just was bored and wanted to kill an hour....and i did...thank you for keeping my insomnia amusing

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel Coleridge View Post
                              No, the King James. I'm sorry you don't have the capability to understand the queen's English.

Amen! Who wouldn't want our neighbor to warn us that our house was burning down?

How have you personally lived these verses in your life? Have you sold all you own according to God's Word?

Luke 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

If not, I can understand that you are as big of a hypocrite as these landovarians.
                              actually i do alot of charity work...and have done several mission trips....what have you done but spew lies out of your mouth?

Comment

actually i do alot of charity work...and have done several mission trips....what have you done but spew lies out of your mouth?
                                Oh dear! A tongue that bears false witness. I am certainly not here to judge you, but your tongue is a bit billous for my tastes.

I'm sorry for thinking you might be one of the good type.

Sam
                                Proverbs 25:21-22 If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:
                                For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.

Comment

Working...
                                X