X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that the Bible doesn't say

Originally posted by Patriarch Jon View Post
    Amen... The RCC really screwed things up when they booted the eastern Christians (Byzantine, eastern Ortodox, Coptics, etc.) out of the church in 1054 or questioning papal infallibilty and not wanting priests to marry and have good Christian gfamilies.

Things went downhill from there... Who was the notorious pope when the East-West Schism occurred in 1054, Leo IX ? Then there was Gregory XI and a couple of other popes in 1376. With all the popes, anti-popes and whatever, the RCC has mucked up Christainaity to the point where we have all the diferent churches we see today.
    And yet only one true one.
    Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Since God created all of us, He can't hate any of us, or at least He can't hate any of us for being the way He created us.

Of course He can. He's God and may do what He likes.

Proverbs 16:4: The LORD hath made all [things] for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Romans 9:20-24: Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed [it], Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? [What] if God, willing to shew [his] wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
      This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

sigpic

Comment

Yes, but Pastor, doesn't the Bible also say that all human beings are the same as God (John 10:34, Psalm 82:6), so how can God hate us?

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity-Millennium View Post
          Yes, but Pastor, doesn't the Bible also say that all human beings are the same as God (John 10:34, Psalm 82:6), so how can God hate us?
          We don't take kindly to people who twist the Bible around to make it sound internally contradictory.
          This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

sigpic

Comment

But then, what's the explanation? How do you reconcile it?

Comment

You use Scripture to interpret Scripture.

If you find something you don't understand, search for more Scripture on that topic to help you understand God's Holy Word.

There are no contradictions in the Bible.

In fact, it is an abominable and astonishing blasphemy to even think that.
              Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are unGodly among them of all their unGodly deeds which they have unGodly committed, and of all their hard [speeches] which unGodly sinners have spoken against him.

Comment

I don't think there are any contradictions in the Bible, which is why I was pointing out another verse in order to further interpret the verses the good Pastor had already provided.

Comment

Love the sinner, but hate the sin.

Actually, this is from that Christ-mocking hindaloo, Mahatmacoat Gandhi. God's Word says that we are to hate the sinner as well:

Psalm 139:21-22: Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Isaac Peters View Post

Actually, this is from that Christ-mocking hindaloo, Mahatmacoat Gandhi. God's Word says that we are to hate the sinner as well:

Psalm 139:21-22: Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
                    Amen, Pastor! These limp-wristed false Christians run around mindlessly spewing lies like this, and they are just plain LYING about what the Bible says!

Matthew 13
                    [38] The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
                    [39] The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
                    [40] As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
                    [41] The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
                    [42] And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
                    Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Just have faith and you'll get to heaven-works don't matter one bit!

James 2:24 "See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone."
                      Former member of a church which I cannot dare mention-Now a spiritual free agent-could LBC be the way for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Isaac Peters View Post

Thus says the LORD:

"Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his way and live? For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore, turn yourselves, and live ye."--Ezek. 18:23, 32.

"Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways, for why will ye die, O house of Israel?"--Ezek. 33:11.

You say I'm taking the verses out of context? In that case, I'd like to know what you say the correct context is!
                        ACTS 5:29

But Peter and the apostles said in reply, "We must obey God rather than men."
                        There you have it-so WHAT'S STOPPING YOU COWARDS?

Comment

Of course, inspired by God The Son, we have, "Ro:1:28: And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;"

It hardly smacks of loving them and did not Christ Himself utter the words,

"Lu:19:27: But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. Lu:19:28: And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem.

We are not talking lieberal minded fluffy-bunnies are we priest?

PS The lay-off hasn't done you any good.
                          sigpic

“We must reassert that the essence of Christianity is the love of obedience to God’s Laws and that how that complete obedience is used or implemented does not concern us.”

Author of such illuminating essays as,
                          Map of the Known World; Periodic Table of Elements; The History of Linguistics; The Errors of Wicca; Dolphins and Evolution; The History of Landover (The Apology); Landover and the Civil War; 2000 Racial Slurs.

Comment

Originally posted by a God-mocking Romanist View Post
                            Thus says the LORD:

"Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his way and live? For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore, turn yourselves, and live ye."--Ezek. 18:23, 32.

"Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways, for why will ye die, O house of Israel?"--Ezek. 33:11.

You say I'm taking the verses out of context? In that case, I'd like to know what you say the correct context is!
                            Major Tom, you've been warned repeatedly against twisting Scripture to make it appear internally contradictory, something that God's Word quite simply cannot be.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Offcr. Albert Martin View Post
                              Just have faith and you'll get to heaven-works don't matter one bit!

James 2:24 "See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone."
                              There's no contradiction here. It's clear from the context that faith is understood to be a work. A True Christian's(tm) work is done by his faith.
                              A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left. (Ecclesiastes 10:2)

Comment

The seven deadly sins

The Bible does not specify seven deadly sins. The current list is the invention of His Unholiness Pope Gregory I in A.D. 590. According to the following Bible verse, all sins are deadly:

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X