X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Basic Recipes Needed

Originally posted by I Man Rastafari View Post
    My favourite food is okra and tomatoes. Many Rastafari eat this every day.

Get some tomatoes and put them in a pot. Mash them up a little and then turn on the stove and cook them but put some okra in them at the same time. The secret is to put in a little salt and pepper. Some people like to eat this tasty dish with boiled or fried squash or it is delicious over rice.

This food will make your naps grow long and kinky for healthy dreads.
    I thought you savages only dined on human flesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Witch Hammer View Post
      I thought you savages only dined on human flesh.

No Rastafari eat the herbs of the fields and trees and no meat. Backsliders eat fish and say that is OK with Jah but it is not. Genesis 1:29 is where Jah gave the word. Rascals say they are Rastafari but they are not. They grow dreads and smoke the ganja but they do not follow the word of Jah. They are false Rastafari who eat the meat of man or beast.
      Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: Extol him that rideth upon the heavens By his name JAH, and rejoice before him.-Psalms 68:4

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Farmer View Post
        Not according to this which is more than enough to make any westerner up chuck. You Vietnamese are disgusting in your habits Is it any wonder that God hates you?
        A Nip? Does she have a job? I'm short two basement maids.
        Psalm 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Farmer View Post
          Trout, good Christian ladies do not cook with dog or cat. Nor do they eat warm monkey brains. Or eggs that are a hundred years old. Please keep your filthy slant food out of this thread.
          Why would I ever cook with that? I'm not anywhere intelligent as a man, but even I know not to cook with such utter rubbish. Breakfast at my house generally contains of several eggs, coffee, and bacon. Lunch is my husband's favorite bacon wrapped burger or fried chicken, and dinner is steak, potatoes, bread, and cherry pie. I mean, why would you want such slant foods when you have lovely American meats?

Proudly American,
          Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson
          "Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands." Proverbs 14:1

Comment

While I am engaged and my wonderful fiancé is very devout Christian and wonderful cook, as we do not live together I find myself having to prepare many a meal on my own.

One of my personal favorite go-to recipes is a simple meat rub. It is two parts unsweetened cocoa powder with one part salt. This rub is particularly good with chicken or steak.

My oh my - I cannot tell you how many times I have used this rub on my meat. As long as you get a good piece of meat you can rub it and rub it without any fear of overseasoning. The effect of my rubbed meat is that it locks in all the juices while cooking! I would suggest after rubbing the meat, you ought to let the meat rest so you can rub it further.

Of course, I end this wonderful rubbed meal with a fine slice of my fiancé's pie.
            Genesis 4:12: When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.

Numbers 35:19: The revenger of blood himself shall slay the murderer: when he meeteth him, he shall slay him.

Comment

It strikes me that that would come out a bit dry.

Have you considered soaking your meat in something sweet beforehand?

I fine a nice marinade makes all the difference some oriental loquat sauce perhaps or one of my favourites, a lovely crab apple jelly.

Comment

Originally posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
                It strikes me that that would come out a bit dry.

Have you considered soaking your meat in something sweet beforehand?

I fine a nice marinade makes all the difference some oriental loquat sauce perhaps or one of my favourites, a lovely crab apple jelly.
                That surely looks enticing. As winter is approaching I will be more into oven dishes and other assorted stuff.
                Jeremiah 6:21 Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will lay stumblingblocks before this people, and the fathers and the sons together shall fall upon them; the neighbour and his friend shall perish.

Best wishes for the people in Ukraine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson View Post
                  Why would I ever cook with that? I'm not anywhere intelligent as a man, but even I know not to cook with such utter rubbish. Breakfast at my house generally contains of several eggs, coffee, and bacon. Lunch is my husband's favorite bacon wrapped burger or fried chicken, and dinner is steak, potatoes, bread, and cherry pie. I mean, why would you want such slant foods when you have lovely American meats?

Proudly American,
                  Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson

That sounds like wonderful Meals. Praise God

Comment

Hello all,

To keep it basic I will post the recipe for a two ingredient wholesome meal. One of the ingredients is water, as I am not Jesus I need another ingredient to make this very pleasant dish, chocolate.

What you need are these ingredients and tools:

The Chocolate must contain > 70% cocoa, I used 76%. The ratio hot water and chocolate has to be about 1:1,3 as you don´t want it to get too wet.

The recipe is simple. Cut the chocolate into small pieces and put them in a metal bowl. Slowly add the boiling water to the chocolate, not to fast as the chocolate might get to warm. Keep stirring until you get a nice paste.

When it is all nice and smooth, put the bowl reverse au bain marie in the ice bath and use a whisk to stir it while it cools into a really nice, stiff mousse:

This one radiates love.

For those of you who find pure chocolate too bitter: Add a tiny bit of salt to make it sweeter. You will have to work harder to get a nice mousse though.

Kind regards,

Roland
                    Last edited by Roland; 12-26-2016, 05:00 PM.
                    Jeremiah 6:21 Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will lay stumblingblocks before this people, and the fathers and the sons together shall fall upon them; the neighbour and his friend shall perish.

Best wishes for the people in Ukraine.

Comment

I know that I originally requested that people share basic recipes, but since Michel has greatly improved on her cooking skills, I thought I'd share my recipe for chicken pot pie, which is a little more complicated, but still delicious.

Ingredients:

2 unbaked 9 inch pie crusts- make sure they're fresh
                      1 pound of cubed chicken breast halves- boneless and skinless
                      1 cup sliced carrots
                      1 cup frozen green peas
                      1/2 cup sliced celery
                      1/3 cup butter
                      1/3 cup chopped onion
                      1/3 cup all purpose flour
                      1/2 tsp salt
                      1/4 tsp black pepper
                      1/4 tsp celery seed
                      1 3/4 cups chicken broth
                      2/3 cup milk
                      2 or 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed (optional)

Instructions:
                      1. Line pie plate with one pie crust and put the other ball of crust in the fridge.
                      2. Preheat oven to 435 degrees F.
                      3. Combine chicken, carrots, peas, celery (and potatoes, if you're using them) in a saucepan. Add enough water to cover them and let everything boil for 15 minutes. When the 15 minutes are up, remove the pot from the stove and drain it. Put the meat and vegetables aside for now.
                      4. Put the onions and butter in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the onions are soft and translucent.
                      5. Stir the flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed into the butter and onion mixture. Slowly stir in the chicken broth and milk, then simmer over medium-low heat until the mixture is thick. Once the mixture is thick, remove the pot from the stove and set it aside.
                      6. Place the mixture of chicken and vegetables in the bottom pie crust, then pour the liquid mixture over it.
                      7. Roll out the top pie crust and place it over the pie. Seal the edges, cut away any extra dough (I use it to patch any other areas where there isn't enough dough to cover), and make a slit or two in the top (I prefer to make a cross or two).
                      8. Put in the over and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
                      9. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!
                      And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
                      Deuteronomy 6.5

Comment

Originally posted by Esther B. View Post
                        ...chicken pot pie...

Ingredients:

2 unbaked 9 inch pie crusts- make sure they're fresh
                        1 pound of cubed chicken breast halves- boneless and skinless
                        1 cup sliced carrots
                        1 cup frozen green peas
                        1/2 cup sliced celery
                        1/3 cup butter
                        1/3 cup chopped onion
                        1/3 cup all purpose flour
                        1/2 tsp salt
                        1/4 tsp black pepper
                        1/4 tsp celery seed
                        1 3/4 cups chicken broth
                        2/3 cup milk
                        2 or 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed (optional)

Uh, something's missing...

Comment

Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post

Very funny Much. Sister Esther mentioned pie PLATE. Obviously the use of a plate is her own little "twist" on the execution.
                          Isaiah 66:15

For behold, the Lord wil come with fire, and with his charets like a whirlewinde, to render his anger with furie, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Didymus Much View Post
                            If your emphasis of the word "pot" is a reference to marijuana, I'd like to point out that True Christian™ women (and myself, as I'm not a True Christian™ yet) do not use such a vile substance in their cooking. In case you haven't noticed, there's a thread in the Men Only section about the evils of marijuana. I'd give you a link, but that would mean that I'd have to enter a part of the forum that I'm not allowed to be in.
                            And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
                            Deuteronomy 6.5

Comment

Here is a recipe my Husband just adores!

You'll need Carrots, broccoli, celery, and corn. You'll also need shredded cheddar cheese and bread crumbs (the quantities of each depends on how much you wish to make and what are his favorites!!)

Chop up your veggies and get them almost all the way cooked in a skillet with a little bit of oil.

Preheat the oven to 350

Cover the bottom of the pan with bread crumbs
                              Then cover with a layer of veggies
                              Then cover with cheese
                              Then another layer of crumbs and cheese mixed
                              Then more vegies and then cheese.
                              (You can mix it for a cheesier thicker consistency or leave it this way to be lighter)

Let it cook for about 10 minutes in the oven to finish cooking and to let the cheese melt

ENJOY!

Comment

That seems like, I don't know... an awful lot of vegetables for a man. Where's the beef?
                                Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X