This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Why Roman Catholic Papists Are NOT Christians

Let's not muck about with trans-substantiation. Let's get right down to brass tacks and go for the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin.
    sigpic
    Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
    The truth about volcanos
    Sex and debauchery in public schools
    Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
    God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
    Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Cbeck29 View Post
      And be careful not to believe that ALL priests are rapists. It's an untrue stereotype.
      I'm sure that not all of them are, but why does the Catholic institution go to such great lengths to shield the many who are?
      This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jack O'fagan View Post
        So what would you call the pope if you met him? Would you follow your catholic doctrine or the words of Jesus?

Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

YIC

Jack
        Dafaq? What do you call your mother's husband? I call mine father. That verse might be a little out of context.

Comment

Dafaq? What do you call your mother's husband? I call mine father. That verse might be a little out of context.
          Dad

I am a True Christian

(to whom is the verse aimed at if it isn't clergy!)

Jack
          Genesis 22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

sigpic

I know God wouldn't let me believe in Him if He didn't exist.

Comment

So what's your take on the Immaculate Conception?
            sigpic
            Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
            The truth about volcanos
            God Cures AIDS - GLORY!

Comment

Then please explain to us what it means in context.
              This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

sigpic

Comment

Surely as a "true Christian" you must be familiar with Ephesians 6:2. To which father might that be referring? And if the answer is God, then why is our mother, a normal person, grouped with the divine? Your argument= in the

Comment

blah
                  Was Mary born from an immaculate conception or not? There seems to have been some uncertainty until 1854 when suddenly a man decided that Mary was indeed immaculately conceived and free of sin.

I'm wondering where you stand on this.
                  sigpic

The truth about volcanos
                  God Cures AIDS - GLORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Isaac Peters View Post
                    Then please explain to us what it means in context.
                    Well?

Surely as a "true Christian" you must be familiar with Ephesians 6:2. To which father might that be referring? And if the answer is God, then why is our mother, a normal person, grouped with the divine? Your argument= in the
                    I know that you Catholics don't take the Bible seriously, but we do, and we don't appreciate it when people like you twist it to make it sound internally contradictory, something that God's Word just cannot be.

sigpic

Comment

Although the immaculate conception was only proclaimed dogmatic in 1854, visions of Mary herself appeared to the likes of St. Bernadette and St. Catherine Laboure and spoke of her own immaculate conception. This doctrine had been passed down through catholic tradition before it was declared a church dogma. However, I'm not sure why you are even asking me where I stand on this issue. We all know that you won't change my mind about my religion, and also, you won't listen to a word I have to say. In your minds, the lives of saints, and the words of Mary herself have no credibility. So that's where I stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
                        Was Mary born from an immaculate conception or not? There seems to have been some uncertainty until 1854 when suddenly a man decided that Mary was indeed immaculately conceived and free of sin.

I'm wondering where you stand on this.
                        Or the Assumption of Mary. If you asked a catholic in 1949 it didn't happen. If you ask the same catholic in 1951 it did.

Jack
                        Genesis 22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

sigpic

I know God wouldn't let me believe in Him if He didn't exist.

Comment

Although the immaculate conception was only proclaimed dogmatic in 1854, visions of Mary herself appeared to the likes of St. Bernadette and St. Catherine Laboure and spoke of her own immaculate conception. This doctrine had been passed down through catholic tradition before it was declared a church dogma. However, I'm not sure why you are even asking me where I stand on this issue. We all know that you won't change my mind about my religion, and also, you won't listen to a word I have to say. In your minds, the lives of saints, and the words of Mary herself have no credibility. So that's where I stand.
                          What does that prove? People have claimed to have had visions of Shiva, Allah, or various other deities and to have received revelations from those deities. Do you believe those as well?

sigpic

Comment

St. Gregory wrote about the Assumption in the 6th century. St. John Damscene wrote about it in the 8th. By the 13th century, most Catholics accepted the belief of the Assumption. It was recently made dogmatic, but again, Catholic Tradition often comes before the penning of Catholic dogma.

Comment

Catholics worship Jesus. The same one you do. Not the pope. can't any of you understand or have the decency to even google catholicism's god?
                              What, Mary?

I know, "We don't worship Mary. We just make statues of her, and light candles to her, and pray to her. But we don't worship her."

Tell me, since you Catholics worship Mary as the eternal virgin, how do you explain Jesus having brothers?
                              Bible boring? Nonsense!
                              Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
                              You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

Oh really!

So hearsay evidence trumps true and infallible scripture? Suddenly a woman who never made such claim and Jesus pretty much dismissed out of hand has a magic get out of sin free card because a deluded young girl sees something she can't explain in a French (of all places) city? And the tourist industry so-generated persists until this day.

Wow! Jesus and God figure so highly.

Why not admit that there was a corrupt industry of indulgences and relics and so-called miracles that was very lucrative for the Catholics that's at a far remove from our transparent and honest tithing system?
                                sigpic

The truth about volcanos
                                God Cures AIDS - GLORY!

Comment

Working...
                                X