X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to pick one's favorite verse?

The number of verses in the holy bible are so numerous and all of them are so awesome. How do you pick your favorites?

If I have to pick just one, it would be Ecclesiastes 7:26.
    "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
    John 8:32

Re: How to pick one's favorite vers?

Originally posted by Helge Fossmo View Post
    The number of verses in the holy bible are so numerous and all of them are so awesome. How do you pick your favorites?

Well, nice to meet you too! As much as I'd like to answer your question, we do have some protocols on our Holy board. As a courtesy, we ask that all new posters start in the Introduction Forum. Let us know what church you attend, if you are married, how many children your wife has produced for Jesus, and in your case, the particular godless European country you hail from.

Also, and this is a minor point, if you want to be taken seriously, try not to misspell words in your thread title. And we always capitalize the word Bible here, out of respect to God.
    sigpic

Winging our Way Across the World for The Lord!

God Bless John Boehner and God Bless the Grand Old Party!

Barack Hussein Obama is not My President!!!

Comment

Re: How to pick one's favorite vers?

Originally posted by Capt. A. Portway View Post
      Also, and this is a minor point, if you want to be taken seriously, try not to misspell words in your thread title. And we always capitalize the word Bible here, out of respect to God.
      Tut tut. We can't expect these Scandivegians to speak God's own American. I fixed the thread title.
      Originally posted by Helge Fossmo View Post

Indeed, how can one choose? That's why we at Landover follow the ENTIRE Bible and not just those hippy-dippy sunhine-and-flowers parts.

You have chosen Ecclesiastes 7:26: "And I find more bitter than death the woman, whose heart is snares and nets, and her hands as bands: whoso pleaseth God shall escape from her; but the sinner shall be taken by her. "

Would you like to expound on your selection?
      A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left. (Ecclesiastes 10:2)

Comment

Re: How to pick one's favorite verse?

Thank you for your kind words and for pointing out my mistakes.
        I am here to learn.

The reason why I chose Ecclesiastes 7:26 is rather simple. I can really feel (due to personal experience) how true those words are.
        But I guess all (at least most) men do.
        "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
        John 8:32

Comment

I have three favorite verses which are Romans 12:18-20.
          It goes with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P_TIMBP_oE

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Tam View Post
            I have three favorite verses which are Romans 12:18-20.
            It goes with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P_TIMBP_oE
            The connection between Alanis Morissette and Romans 12:18-20 may not be obvious to all of us.
            A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left. (Ecclesiastes 10:2)

Comment

Listen to the song and find out.

Comment

Ezekiel 23:20

Comment

5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
                  To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
                  James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

Comment

Working...
                  X