X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Att. ATHEISTS: What is the Purpose of your SAD,Sorry lives?

Originally posted by roflstomper View Post
    Because he trusts that god will understand, i presume. He believes that Jesus and god will forgive him for his sins, because he believes that god is all loving.

Part of being forgiven for sin is agreeing to not go out of your way to keep committing it.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. - 1 John 3:9

That said, how could he have an ongoing friendship with you, which is prohibited by scripture, and be sin free?

Remember, JESUS says if we love Him, we will keep His commandments.

GOD does not modify His law to accommodate our every want, and GOD is certainly not all-loving.

And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail. - Luke 16:17

Your friend is a false Christian.
    sigpic
    The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.
    - Proverbs 15:3

CHILDREN'S STORY: TIMMY ON TRIAL

CHRISTIAN ADVICE AND MESSAGES OF HOPE! GOD'S GREATEST HITS!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby-Joe View Post
      Already done friend.

So when and were are you making your altar call?
      So, let us see...

Point Number 1: Actually, we do have mercy and pity for others. And I believe the Original Posters facts are a little incorrect. The Spanish Inquisition (also called The Tribunal of the Holy Office of the Inquisition) was a tribunal set up by Catholic Monarchs (Christians, not atheists) Ferdinand II or Aragon and Isabella I of Castile. I believe that these were the same monarchs that funded Christopher Columbus's expeditions. The point of it was to maintain Catholic (Christian, not atheist) orthodoxy in their kingdoms. Also, Adolf Hitler (leader of the Nazi party) advocated positive Christianity (a militant, non-denominational form of Christianity that emphasizes Christ as an active preacher, organizer, and fighter who opposed the institutionalized Judaism of the day.

Point Number 2: Actually, no. Natural Disasters are not just random events. Take for example the Japan tsunami. It was caused by an earthquake, which was caused by a buildup of pressure along a tectonic faultline. I am not a geologist, so that is about the limit of what I can explain. For a more detailed explanation, you might want to refer to here: http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/GG/ASK/earthquakes.html

Point Number 3 (oh wait, it says 4): If you go by the taxonomic definition, no, there is no difference. But, If you go by the difference between Homo sapiens sapiens and what you people call animals, there is a major difference. We are capable of more higher level functions (such as emotion) than what we call animals. About how animals are tools for humans to use as they see fit, what happened to all animals are God's creatures? Look at these quotes: "Look at the birds flying around . . . your Father in Heaven takes care of them" Matthew 6:26, "All the animals in the forest are Mine and the cattle on thousands of hills. All the wild birds are Mine and all living things in the fields." Psalm 50:10, 11, "Wolves and sheep will live together in peace, and leopards will lie down with young goats, calves and lion cubs will feed together, and little children will take care of them. Cows and bears will eat together, and their calves and cubs will lie down in peace. Lions will eat straw as cattle do . . . The land will be as full of knowledge of the Lord as the seas are full of water." Isaiah 11:6-9. All of these quotes show that animals are God's creatures (according to the Bible).

Point Number 5 (by the number it gives in the post): Really? Because Muslims might say that only the Qur'an gives objective standards of good and evil. If you look at my post, you will see that none of those can be used by an other religion.

Point Number 6: Really? You have no reason for feeling pity for another living thing either. You can justify the killing of a "sinner" by saying that he/she deserved to die, or that they will rot in hell for all eternity.

Point Number 7: There have never been any other gods but God? This argument can be used by Hindus, Muslims, etc. Not valid. Also, Zeus, Athena, Ares, etc. were completely different gods. Exasperated entities. Not one "God". God/Goddesses.

Point Number 8: Allah. The Qur'an asserts the existence of a single and absolute truth that transcends the world, and unique and invisible being (sounds a whole lot like a god) who is independent of all creation. In other words, outside the universe.

Point Number 9: All other religions copy Christian doctrine? First of all, atheism has no part of Christian doctrine in it. And according to the poster of the 10 points, Rome was atheist. This implies that it was atheist before Christianity was accepted as the original religion by (I believe) Constantine. Also, I believe that other people have said that Ancient Greece was atheist. If so (and you people said it), atheism is older than Christianity.

Point Number 10: Actually, you are wrong. In Islam (and I quote from http://www.sultan.org/articles/god.html) "The Creator must be of a different nature from the things created because if He is of the same nature as they are, He will be temporal and will therefore need a maker. It follows that nothing is like Him. If the maker is not temporal, then he must be eternal. But if he is eternal, he cannot be caused, and if nothing caused Him to come into existence, nothing outside Him causes Him to continue to exist, which means that he must be self-sufficient. And if He does not depend on anything for the continuance of His own existence, then this existence can have no end. The Creator is therefore eternal and everlasting: 'He is the First and the Last'." Also, Akhenaten changed the Egyptian religion to the worship of Aten, the sun disk. Aten was everlasting an eternal in that new form of religion. Obviously, this is long before Christianity, so you cannot even claim that the Egyptians copied Christianity.

I believe that that altar call must be postponed.
      Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done
      abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Comment

I notice that no one has replied to me. Does this mean that your God has stopped giving you the answers to kill all of the atheistic arguments against Christianity being correct? Or *gasp*, did your God never exist in the first place??
        Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done

Comment

Or is it just that *gasp* noone cares about your arguments.

Since I have lent my neighbour some money though, and as such can't sleep Proverbs 6:1-5 I may as well give my silly little thoughts on your questions.

1) You might have pity and mercy. I'm not calling you a liar. We is overstating the case though. Nothing tells atheists how to behave other than their own minds. Sure, you may have decided that those things are good, but another atheist may decide the exact opposite. Noone is to say you are right or wrong because you have no infallible moral compass like the Holy Word of God. You just make up codes of behaviour and there is simply no way that you can speak for all atheists, whereas as True Christian knows his opinion is the same as all other True Christians.

Catholics aren't Christians. Use the search function before posting, please.

2) You are using random in a different way to Brother Bobby-Joe. He is using it in the sense of:

Of or relating to a type of circumstance or event that is described by a probability distribution.

from here

In essence, he is saying that you see it as a stochastic feature of certain places of the earth, we see it as God's hand. This is just a semantic point.

4) Animals are God's creatures, in the sense that He created them. Who else? But they have been placed on the earth for mankind Genesis 1:26-28. They're ours to do with as we please. Brother Bobby-Joe is simply making the self-evident point that atheists don't believe that God gave us dominion over them and, as such, it is hard for atheists to justify owning them - both are equally (in your deranged Godless mind) the product of the same random evolutionary chances and so equal.

5) I'd be surprised if a Muslim claimed that, but thats a fault with your analogy not your basic argument. The difference between the KJV1611 and other "holy" books (although I actually object slightly to comparisons between different religious texts for reasons I can't be bothered to go in to) is that the Bible was given to mankind, over the centuries, by God. Others are the product of atheists imagining stuff and then writing it down. There are literally hundreds of threads on this site demonstrating that - just do a search for "Quran" or whatever.

6) Killing a sinner is directly commanded by the Bible (for certain sins at least). Why would we feel pity for doing exactly what God wants?

7) Well, obviously it can't be used by Hindus. Another bad example. In fact there are only four major religions I can think of that claim there is no God but God (Christianity, Judaism, Islam and Sikhism). And they all worship the same God. Of course, all of three of them and most of the fourth do it wrong, but the fact remains that there is no split here.

8) As above, even Muslims accept that Allah and the Christian God are one. They just worship Him, wrongly, through terrorism and paedophilia rather than doing as He commands.

9) You are right about Constantine. Atheism has no part of Christian morality? So you claim that atheists indepently decided it was wrong to steal or to kill? Both of those are from Exodus which vastly predates Rome and Greece.

10) And for a third time Allah is the same as the Christian God and the Quran is a cheap knock off of the Bible. Of course they'll have copied some of the same bits.

HTH

YIC

Catherine

Comment

Also, I note that you posted that exact post in three seperate threads to draw attention to yourself. I guess Matthew 6:7 is correct, heathens do use vain repetitions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
              Atheists think God isn't watching, and so they can get away with these horrible things.
              Atheists don't think that God is watching. How could they? They don't believe in a God, so it's not as if they could somehow think he is watching them. Something quite basic which you appear to have forgotten about atheists.

Comment

Originally posted by romin15x View Post
                Atheists don't think that God is watching. How could they? They don't believe in a God, so it's not as if they could somehow think he is watching them. Something quite basic which you appear to have forgotten about atheists.
                Romans 1:19-22
                19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

That's you. Denying God even though we can clearly see that you know God simply because God made you. How can you be so ungrateful?
                sigpic
                Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
                The truth about volcanos
                Sex and debauchery in public schools
                Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
                God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
                Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.

Comment

Deep down every one believes in God. It is only so they can break the Statues (such as having painful, rough anal sex with a procession of anonymous AIDs carrying men in public toilet) that people claim they don't believe.

That's why the atheist is the moral equivalent of a murdering pedophile.

YIC
                  1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Comment

The soul cries out for God. That the atheist will deny that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Your soul cries out for God. Perhaps this is why the LORD led you to our find forums. Why not introduce yourself properly in our introductions, thread. There you can tell us who you are, and what terrible tragedy made you so mad at Jesus that you pretend he's nothing more than mythology, the Jewish version of Osiris?
                    Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Comment

Atheist say that they just have a non belief in God in the same was as they have a no belief in santa or unicorns.

I've searched the net for aSanta meetings and aUnicorn meetings. Guess how many I found? None. However how many aTheist meetings are there? Too many for me to count.

They all know God exists and just try to find safety in numbers. You can't hide from the wrath of God. He's gonna getcha.

Nahum 1:2 God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.

Glory!

Jack
                      Genesis 22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

sigpic

I know God wouldn't let me believe in Him if He didn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack O'fagan View Post
                        However how many aTheist meetings are there? Too many for me to count.
                        It's a constant bafflement to me what they get out of fellowshipping. Praising God together makes sense. Sitting around muttering about there is no god together seems so pointless.

Poor pointless atheists.
                        sigpic
                        Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
                        The truth about volcanos
                        Sex and debauchery in public schools
                        Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
                        God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
                        Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Sheep McUinnean View Post
                          My wife popped the question. She wondered why there were actually a growing number of atheists in the world. I corrected her, pointing out that in actual fact logic (God's) would dictate that all atheists eventually see the despairingly utter complete pointlessness of existence with no goals, no objective, no meaning, no purpose-filled void of a life and usually commit suicide. Those brave enough anyway. The rest would kill themselves in other ways, drugs, alcohol, adventure sports.

Unlike True Christians who have full complete lives full of love and fulfillment, they are sad empty creatures with nothing to live for. They all look for ways to end it all sooner rather than later. It makes sense.

We come from nothing, we go to nothing, so what's the point of all the inbetweenness? Ipso facto ergo Goodbye cruel world is the way it works I told her.

I'd like an atheist to give their viewpoint if we have any of those sad lonely absurdly angry creatures online who're always lurking.

What's the point of your sad miserable little lives?
                          And how do you plan to top yourselves once and for all?

Thanks in advance, McUinnean
                          Well for starters I'm not sad or lonely. I have everything to live for because If I was promised an eternal life of happiness in heaven what point would there be to live a long happy life now here on earth. I want to be know for something great when I die, such as finding a cure for cancer or finding a way to bring the U.S out of debt for good or bringing peace to the world. So when you say I have nothing to live for you are wrong, I have to capability to do great things and that's exactly what i plan on doing.
                          Ephesians 4:32
                          And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you

Comment

Originally posted by Foolish Atheist View Post
                            Well for starters I'm not sad or lonely. I have everything to live for because If I was promised an eternal life of happiness in heaven what point would there be to live a long happy life now here on earth. I want to be know for something great when I die, such as finding a cure for cancer or finding a way to bring the U.S out of debt for good or bringing peace to the world. So when you say I have nothing to live for you are wrong, I have to capability to do great things and that's exactly what i plan on doing.
                            Nonsense. All atheists are sad and lonely. Ditto queers. You people lead the world in suicides, dope addiction, and crime.

Only True Christians™ know what happiness is.
                            Who Will Jesus Damn?

Here is a partial list from just a few scripture verses:

Hypocrites (Matthew 24:51), The Unforgiving (Mark 11:26), Homosexuals (Romans 1:26, 27), Fornicators (Romans 1:29), The Wicked (Romans 1:29), The Covetous (Romans 1:29), The Malicious (Romans 1:29), The Envious (Romans 1:29), Murderers (Romans 1:29), The Deceitful (Romans 1:29), Backbiters (Romans 1:30), Haters of God (Romans 1:30), The Despiteful (Romans 1:30), The Proud (Romans 1:30), Boasters (Romans 1:30), Inventors of evil (Romans 1:30), Disobedient to parents (Romans 1:30), Covenant breakers (Romans 1:31), The Unmerciful (Romans 1:31), The Implacable (Romans 1:31), The Unrighteous (1Corinthians 6:9), Idolaters (1Corinthians 6:9), Adulterers (1Corinthians 6:9), The Effeminate (1Corinthians 6:9), Thieves (1Corinthians 6:10), Drunkards (1Corinthians 6:10), Reviler (1Corinthians 6:10), Extortioners (1Corinthians 6:10), The Fearful (Revelation 21:8), The Unbelieving (Revelation 21:8), The Abominable (Revelation 21:8), Whoremongers (Revelation 21:8), Sorcerers (Revelation 21:8), All Liars (Revelation 21:8)

Need Pastoral Advice? Contact me privately at PastorEzekiel@landoverbaptist.net TODAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by Foolish Atheist View Post
                              The Bible says you are evil in Psalm 14:1. If you are also happy, then you are even wickeder than I thought. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are laden with guilt.
                              The Only Real Climate Change Will be Hell!

Comment

Originally posted by Catherine Moore View Post
                                You just make up codes of behavior and there is simply no way that you can speak for all atheists, whereas as True Christian knows his opinion is the same as all other True Christians.
                                Hi, Long time reader, 1st time posting in a long while (I am procrastinating from doing my dissertation). I would just like to point out that I am also a atheist and my "codes of behavior" roughly match the same as Romin15x, and since we are only two visitors on this site out of possible hundreds who have been using this site (sorry I am not sure how many atheists have used this site, so I can't give you a precise number). But with almost every atheist discussing how they live their life in a good way (e.g. not killing anyone etc.) we can be viewed as representing everyone who is an atheists, this is because I have seen hundreds of posts saying "atheists are evil and bad" from the "true christians" on this site, but have not seen a single post from any atheist saying "You are right, we hate god, and all we want to do is f**k each other"

I would also like to point out that I have had this ‘Code of behavior” for almost all of my life (I was raised on Disney style films where the hero saved the girl, and the world, and was helpful to everyone). Since I can remember I have always treated people with respect, volunteered to help elderly people, as well as give money to charity. I’ve said it before on here, and to my friends, the only thing that makes me different from any other Christian, is that they believe in god… I don’t…

Originally posted by Laurence Niles View Post
                                Deep down every one believes in God. It is only so they can break the Statues (such as having painful, rough anal sex with a procession of anonymous AIDs carrying men in public toilet) that people claim they don't believe.

That's why the atheist is the moral equivalent of a murdering pedophile.

YIC
                                .... No... Not really Laurence... Most people do not believe in god because they do not see his influence on the world, or do not feel his presence, etc. I can now confirm to you that Atheists do not deny the existence of god so they can have anal sex or get AIDs.... Atheists are just normal people who have jobs, families, and friends.

I do not believe in god because I have never felt the god’s presence, so becoming a christian would really be insult to your religion as well as a waist as I truly don't believe...

Originally posted by Pastor Ezekiel View Post
                                Nonsense. All atheists are sad and lonely. Ditto queers. You people lead the world in suicides, dope addiction, and crime.

Only True Christians™ know what happiness is.
                                Hi Ezekiel

I am not sad or lonely right, I am in fact quite happy, I have a girlfriend, good friends, a decent family, and now that I am very close to finish University I have the chance to go out and explore the world (my friend and I are thinking about moving to Sri Lanka or Australia). And since I want to continue being a writer, I get the chance to develop my ideas

Things like suicide, addiction, and crime are things that affect everyone really, people commit suicide because they have no one to talk to so they can get help...

Now before you say THATS WHAT GOD IS FOR! HE IS THE ONLY CURE! non-religious people are there to help as well, but they can only try their best to help people, the suicidal people have to find the strength to seek it.

And another reason you might say "atheists lead the world in suicide" is because young gay people are being told by religious figures "homosexuality is wrong! you are just plan wrong! Change now!" but since being they cannot be something they are not, they suddenly think "... I don't fit in... I might as well die"

Comment

Working...
                                X