Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > Christian history forum
Reload this Page Biblical Archaeology: can it be trusted?
Christian history forum This forum is dedicated to the history of Christianity, and its impact on the history of the world.

(#1)
Old
Unsaved trash

shol'va is fearful, unbelieving, a liar, a whoremonger, and abominable. Has a place in the Lake of Fire secured.
Default Biblical Archaeology: can it be trusted? - 03-03-2007, 08:57 AM

I'd like to know if most of the finds produced by Biblical archaeology so far confirm the stories in the Old and New Testaments? Is Biblical archaeology a worthwhile pursuit, or is most of the "evidence" actually faked, by satanists?
(#2)
Old
Deaconess
Gracious, genteel, kind, tender, and warm True Christian™ Sister
True Christian™

One Year/1000 posts Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Long service medal, 3rd class Real American™ Gunfest '08 Cleanest Kitchen Platinum Tither True Christian Lady True Christian Provider™ award Best stoning bucket Heaven Bound Protected by JESUS Christian Love Super Soaker Baptism Award Ready for the Rapture True Christian Caucasian Teabag Patriot Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient Born again virgin Persecuted Pro-Life TC Bravery Ex-Brit True Republican Ex-eurotrash Batman Shooting Survivor Loves a GODLY Chic-Fil-A Guns, Guts and GLORY! Proud Niglet Sponsorer Kirk Cameron Fan Club Prayer Warrior Long service medal, 2nd class Early riser Touched by Jesus Donald Trump 2016! Pastor Ezekiel Alternative Facts Saved 10 Years

Talitha will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Talitha will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Talitha will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Talitha will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Talitha will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Talitha will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Talitha will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Talitha will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Talitha will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Talitha will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!Talitha will sit at the right hand of Jesus Himself come the Glory!
Default Re: Biblical Archaeology: can it be trusted? - 03-03-2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shol'va View Post
I'd like to know if most of the finds produced by Biblical archaeology so far confirm the stories in the Old and New Testaments? Is Biblical archaeology a worthwhile pursuit, or is most of the "evidence" actually faked, by satanists?
Well, The Holy Bible(KJV1611) is enough proof for me.

If God allows someone to find some stone or document to further that proof then all the better.

If Satanists are involved then God will punish them on Judgement day.

Sister Talitha

Markswoman, Circumcisionist, Platinum Tither.

HE took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha Cumi; which is,
being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, arise!...Mark 5:41

(#3)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

One Year/1000 posts

Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Biblical Archaeology: can it be trusted? - 03-03-2007, 09:51 AM

Most of the 'finds' are speculation. They 'think' they've found this or that.

They think they've found Babylon, they think they've found Sodom, and the list goes on. Some of it turns up interesting things. So, it's not ALL wrong, but everything should be checked against other sources.

"If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. . . . And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the manservant's do."
(Leviticus 21:6-7)
(#4)
Old
Unsaved trash

shol'va is fearful, unbelieving, a liar, a whoremonger, and abominable. Has a place in the Lake of Fire secured.
Default Re: Biblical Archaeology: can it be trusted? - 03-03-2007, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Dr. Davidson View Post
Most of the 'finds' are speculation. They 'think' they've found this or that.

They think they've found Babylon, they think they've found Sodom, and the list goes on. Some of it turns up interesting things. So, it's not ALL wrong, but everything should be checked against other sources.
I agree. I've seen all these Satan-inspired archaeology documentaries, and the "evidence" they put foward for this city being that Biblical location is rather dubious.
(#5)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

One Year/1000 posts

Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.Rev. Dr. Davidson has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Re: Biblical Archaeology: can it be trusted? - 03-03-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shol'va View Post
I agree. I've seen all these Satan-inspired archaeology documentaries, and the "evidence" they put foward for this city being that Biblical location is rather dubious.
So true... Road signs aren't a recent thing. Granted, only prominent cities had them in acient cultures, but you'd figure there were some somewhere. Something like "15 leagues to Babylon" shouldn't be that hard to find. It's interesting that they can figure out the acient names of Egyptian cities, but are vague when searching in the Middle East. Misinformation works better for them I guess. If 'no one' is sure, Mooslims and Joos can keep Christians in the dark.

"If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. . . . And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the manservant's do."
(Leviticus 21:6-7)