X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HAHAHAHAHAHA

Originally posted by hamashiachagape View Post
    All this means is that the Torah was not abolished, by Yeshua's coming but we are not to follow in the ways of what would be defined as the Orthodox Rabbis of today.
    That is correct. We are on the same page here, except dietary laws and the keeping of Saturday (oops I shouldn't use that word as it has pagan roots!) as the Sabbath are specifically abolished.

With Yeshua we are permanently set free from our sins as we long as we repent and follow him to the best of our abilities with an earnest and true heart.
    Then why does the Bible say that we will be judged by our deeds?

Romans 2:5-6
    But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
    Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

Matthew 16:27
    27For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
    Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

Re: Jesus is NOT a Zombie!!!

His comment was meant to be directed towards a group of Pharisees who were not following the Torah in a correct manner.
      Aren't you a cherry picker? Your contention is that verse only applies to pharisees? It has nothing to do with modern life?

2Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases?

This had to do with handling disputes between the church as there was vested authority given to people to handle situations. It again doesn't promote the "judgment" you are initiating, nor is it even taken in context by this forum.
      See the fluffy bunny trying more mental gymnastics to avoid the cold hard truth as it stares him in the face.

He tells them that they are to judge the world and the saints, but they need the wisdom to settle their disputes among themselves. This is as clear cut as it gets.

1 Corinthians 2:10-17 10but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
      15The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
      Thank you for posting the exact same scripture in the NIV. You still haven't made a case against judgment at all.

This has to do with those who actually follow the will of Yeshua according to the word of the Bible. I'm not seeing much of that here.
      How incredibly non-judgmental of you.

Perhaps Proverbs 12:1 would more or less apply to you if you don't see that you should take verses in context and see who they are actually directed towards.

"Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid."
      I prefer this one.

Hebrews 12:7-8
      7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
      8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
      Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

We don't observe Jewish holidays.

Galatians 4: 9But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
        10Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
        11I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

Comment

Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post
          Aren't you a cherry picker? Your contention is that verse only applies to pharisees? It has nothing to do with modern life?

See the fluffy bunny trying more mental gymnastics to avoid the cold hard truth as it stares him in the face.

He tells them that they are to judge the world and the saints, but they need the wisdom to settle their disputes among themselves. This is as clear cut as it gets.

Thank you for posting the exact same scripture in the NIV. You still haven't made a case against judgment at all.

How incredibly non-judgmental of you.

I prefer this one.

Hebrews 12:7-8
          7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
          8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
          With good reason. I have never once stated that judging is not in accordance to the Bible. I advocate (as rightly i should) Matthew 7:1-5 which states that we are to judge in a fair manner.

Comment

Re: A Bible "expert" has come to teach us.

@Levi Jones u sure showed hamablahblah what an uppity idiot he is! Jesus Levi Jones!

Comment

@hamablahblah why do u not Jesus?

Comment

With good reason. I have never once stated that judging is not in accordance to the Bible. I advocate (as rightly i should) Matthew 7:1-5 which states that we are to judge in a fair manner.
                Thank you for your admission that we are free to judge.

Edit: Tell us more about yourself now that you have calmed down. What Church do you attend? What do you do for a living? Are you married?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Heathen_Basher View Post
                  We don't observe Jewish holidays.

Galatians 4: 9But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
                  10Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
                  11I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.
                  Thats not in context either. If you were to read Galatians 3, you would see that Paul is actually condemning them for putting these festivals above the word of God. The Torah never has been nor ever will be a book for salvational purposes. The bondage he is actually referring also is in a verse you forgot to mention. That would be Galatians 4:8 - 8Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods.

This infers they were still following paganism, and they needed to break free of that. The days, months, times and years actually are in relevance to Paganistic holidays that should not be followed (oh, yeah...don't you guys still do that?)

Comment

Originally posted by Jocelyn Carolyn View Post
                    @hamablahblah why do u not Jesus?
                    I do love Yeshua (hebrew for Jesus), thats why I follow his Torah. Faith without works is dead.

You should even know that my name infers love of Jesus. hamashiachagape means "the love of the messiah." Its written in Hebrew and Greek, just like the Bible.

Comment

I do love Yeshua (hebrew for Jesus), thats why I follow his Torah. Faith without works is dead.

You should even know that my name infers love of Jesus. hamashiachagape means "the love of the messiah." Its written in Hebrew and Greek, just like the Bible.
                      That's interesting that you spoke of the Jots and tittles passage in Matthew 5.

How do you reconcile it against Titus 1?

10For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
                      11Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
                      12One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, the Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.
                      13This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
                      14Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.
                      15Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
                      Praise and worship with Pastor Will. Services at 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Contact me. pastorwillsampson at gmail.com

Comment

Thank you for your admission that we are free to judge.

Edit: Tell us more about yourself now that you have calmed down. What Church do you attend? What do you do for a living? Are you married?
                        You are free to judge fairly in a consistent manner that is not hypocritical. In other words, you may judge in such a way that you would not mind being judged yourself. In that sense, I believe that it is to good to use the Bible for judging (when its taken in context).

Well, I'm a messianic Jew. I attend a Messianic synagogue. I work a lot with Apologetics. And I am not married no. I used to play football, was a quarterback and tight end.

Comment

You are free to judge fairly in a consistent manner that is not hypocritical. In other words, you may judge in such a way that you would not mind being judged yourself. In that sense, I believe that it is to good to use the Bible for judging (when its taken in context).

Well, I'm a messianic Jew. I attend a Messianic synagogue. I work a lot with Apologetics. And I am not married no. I used to play football, was a quarterback and tight end.
                          Did we perhaps meet on facebook?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bob Black View Post
                            That's interesting that you spoke of the Jots and tittles passage in Matthew 5.

How do you reconcile it against Titus 1?

10For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
                            11Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
                            12One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, the Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.
                            13This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
                            14Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.
                            15Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
                            Not really that hard. yes "specially they of the circumcision" applies to the Jews. The ones that he is talking down however are the ones who are following the Talmudic tradition (commandments of men who turn from the truth (Yeshua)) Understanding that the Torah is the teachings of God, and not the legalism of man espoused by jews makes this an easy reconcile.

Comment

Did we perhaps meet on facebook?
                              I don't recall talking to you, no. Do we really have to wait 180 seconds to post? lol Any particular reasoning that you guys came up with 180 seconds?

Comment

Originally posted by Jocelyn Carolyn
                                @hamablahblah please go u smell like tacos!
                                Couldn't you come up with something better than "you smell like tacos?"

Comment

Working...
                                X