X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Did Catholic Priests Stop Giving Boys Baths At The Church?

Hi gang, I saw this painting and wondered when Catholic priests stopped publicly bathing boys at their churches.

I need this for a homeschool history lesson.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, my name is Mary. I hope to fellowship with you! That is, unless you don't listen to church authority (Deuteronomy 17:12); are a witch (Exodus 22:17); are a homosexual (Leviticus 20:13; Romans 1:24-32); or fortuneteller (Leviticus 20:27) or a snotty kid who hits their dad (Exodus 21:15); or curses their parents (Proverbs 20:20; Leviticus 20:9); an adulterer (Leviticus 20:10); a non-Christian (Exodus 22:19; Deuteronomy 13:7-12; Deuteronomy 17:2-5;Romans 1:24-32); an atheist (2 Chronicles 15:12-13); or false prophet (Zechariah 13:3); from the town of one who worships another, false god (Deuteronomy 13:13-19); were a non-virgin bride (Deuteronomy 22:20-21); or blasphemer (Leviticus 24:10-16), as God calls for your execution and will no doubt send you to Hell, and I have no interest developing a friendship with the Spiritually Walking Dead.

Re: When Did Catholic Priests Stop Giving Boys Baths At The Church?

From the Desk of
    GRANNY JUNE
    Office Temp and #1 Volunteer for Christ

i think the bathing still happens it is to remove the scent so the bloodhounds cannot find them. A lot of the boys are kidnapped

That is why they are issued choir robes as well....the original clothes are burnt but a good question

(insert scripture here) do later

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Etheldreda View Post
      Hi gang, I saw this painting and wondered when Catholic priests stopped publicly bathing boys at their churches.

Thanks in advance.

I believe this bathing is still taking place. I believe that the soaping is now done in private.
      God judgeth the righteous, And God is angry with the wicked every day- Psalm 7:11

Comment

That picture is just too much. That priest has already donned his latex gloves
        sigpic

Comment

Sister Mary,

Back in New Jersey, the parish of Our Lady of the Blessed Baby Jesus held a service they called the Dousing of the Young shortly after Lent every year. I cannot say for sure that it is still ongoing since the year before I left for Freehold there was much talk about how many police cars showed up and the Dept of Child Services insisting foul play was occurring.

All I can say for sure is the priest is no longer assigned there but I know someone that still attends the church and could probably provide the information you seek. I'd call her right now but I am sure she is in the middle of her Rosary at this moment and wouldn't it be a shame to interrupt the hundreds of vain and unneeded hail Mary's? The ones that no one in Heaven will actually hear?

Actually I think I'll call. Glory be!

NRL
          1 Samuel 8:13 "And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cookes, and to be bakers."
          Naomi Ruth Lamb, Proprietress:
          Naomi's Moist Pie - Unsaved Unwelcome!
          Locations in 50 States and Canada
          !Voted Best Pie in Freehold!
          Once you've tasted Naomi's pie, you'll crave it again and again and again and again.
          Baptist pastors always receive a 50% discount.

Comment

Thanks in advance.

The priests back then could probably keep their clothes on until after the bath. Nowadays they can't wait that long.
            "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)

"But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery." (Matthew 5:32)

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Farmer View Post
              That picture is just too much. That priest has already donned his latex gloves
              And middle finger is ready!
              May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

Thanks in advance.

Sister E--I'm sure you are busy preparing the Homeschooling Section, The History of Homerism in the Catholic Church. I can't recall what is on the cover of the approved textbook, but this picture would be great for the next edition.
                Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

They still do this I believe, only the priest baths with them.

Comment

Sister Etheldreda,

I am not trying to shock you, but I overheard a priest speaking with some man when I was in Des Moines yesterday. He was discussing how the parochial schools are going to begin a campaign to do away with home schooling in Iowa because Catholic schools have a higher quality of education. In order to learn more, I offered him a piece of pie and I took copious notes to share with you and all home-schoolers. This is outrageous! Under separate email I have sent you those notes. I realize that the law doesn't apply here in Freehold (thanks to our Godly mayor) but I know you frequent various homeschooling sites that would probably want you to share this attempt to take over our educational system in this halcyon state.

Your friend in Christ,
                    NRL
                    1 Samuel 8:13 "And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cookes, and to be bakers."
                    Naomi Ruth Lamb, Proprietress:
                    Naomi's Moist Pie - Unsaved Unwelcome!
                    Locations in 50 States and Canada
                    !Voted Best Pie in Freehold!
                    Once you've tasted Naomi's pie, you'll crave it again and again and again and again.
                    Baptist pastors always receive a 50% discount.

Comment

Working...
                    X