Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > General Church Fellowship
Reload this Page Christians: the most persecuted religion
General Church Fellowship A place for True Christians to join in praise, faith and fellowship.

(#1)
Old
True Christian™ Minister to the Godless Savages in Hawaii
It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Christian Caucasian Ready for the Rapture Heaven Bound True Christian™ Ex-Masturbator Friend of Jesus The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Tell her once 1st Year Bible College 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Bronze Tither

barton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapturebarton has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Post Christians: the most persecuted religion - 12-06-2010, 06:03 AM

I am not familiar with TheStar but a quick glance leads me to conclude that they are generally a bunch of liebral, atheist scum... even by vile Canadian standards. This is why I find the following piece noteworthy.

Christianity arguably the most persecuted religion in the world
by Ron Csillag
Virtually every human rights group and Western government agency that monitors the plight of Christians worldwide arrives at more or less the same conclusion: Between 200 million and 230 million of them face daily threats of murder, beating, imprisonment and torture, and a further 350 to 400 million encounter discrimination in areas such as jobs and housing. A conservative estimate of the number of Christians killed for their faith each year is somewhere around 150,000.

Christians face harassment in more countries “than any other religious group,” a Pew Forum spokesperson told the Star.
Put in sJesus focus, “at least” 75 per cent of all religious persecution in the world is directed against Christians, the conference was told.
Of course, the writer takes his own pot shot at Christianity...
Maybe pew-bound Christians should instead heed the sentiments of escaped American slave Frederick Douglass: “I prayed for 20 years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.”
The connotation is multifaceted. Basically, the author is saying that Christians are to blame for their suffering because God obviously doesn't answer prayer. He's saying Christians are stupid for continuing to pray to an uncaring God. He's saying that Christians should expect to face more and more persecution until they take up arms.

Well, guess what? Jesus is coming and it's not going to pretty for folks like Ron Csillag! Just wait till the Lamb starts paying everyone back.

Revelations 6:16
"And said to the mountains and rocks,
Fall on us, and hide us from the face
of him that sitteth on the throne,
and from the wrath of the Lamb"
(#2)
Old
Fourm Member
Forum Member

True Christian™ Heaven Bound True Christian Caucasian True Christian Homemaker True Christian Lady Christian Love 1st Year Bible College Real American™ The Lord’s Witness Wound Heaven Bound Cleanest Kitchen Best stoning bucket Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Bronze Tither Best Pie One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Mama Grizzly Persecuted The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Pro-Life Punched the most queers True Republican

BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Christians: the most persecuted religion - 12-06-2010, 06:26 AM

AMEN Brother,

The thing is, if you're a white True Christian male, the liebrals seem to think that you deserve any prejudices or assults you receive as "payback" for "all dem yearz of slavry". Doesn't matter whether or not your family ever owned slaves, doesn't matter that you have done nothing yourself. But if you're a white Christian heterosexual male, you won't get the job because it has to go to a minority, you aren't allowed to park near the mall doors, you can't get government subsidies, you can't get rent protection. Nope, True Christians are on their own.

Yet somehow we seem to make it to the top.

Drama queen
(#3)
Old
Proud to be Blonde, Beautiful, and Baptist
True Christian™

Protected by JESUS True Heterosexual™ Real American™ One Year/1000 posts A for Effort True Christian™ Mission to Australia Heaven Bound Ex-Gay Home Schooled True Christian Lady Friend of Jesus Ready for the Rapture Flat Earth

Lisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious RaptureLisa H has discarded the shackles of sin and is ready to participate in the Glorious Rapture
Default Re: Christians: the most persecuted religion - 12-06-2010, 06:38 AM

How true Brother Barton. How times are we True Christian™ persecuted on our very own forum here at Landover Baptist.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth
Proverbs 19:25 Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge.
Ezekiel 16:14 And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
Proverbs 6:25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
Genesis 24:16 And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.
Song of Solomon 1:15 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.
(#4)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Protected by JESUS

X-treme Zealotry has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.X-treme Zealotry has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.X-treme Zealotry has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.X-treme Zealotry has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.X-treme Zealotry has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.X-treme Zealotry has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Default Re: Christians: the most persecuted religion - 12-07-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barton View Post
Maybe pew-bound Christians should instead heed the sentiments of escaped American slave Frederick Douglass: “I prayed for 20 years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.”
What a foolish thing to say.
Does he think Frederick Douglass reached freedom under his own power?
Did Douglass think it was his power that prevented his slave-owners from running him down? No, it was the hand of God. God answered his prayer.
Perhaps if he had more faith, he would have run sooner. God undoubtedly had the way opened for him.

It's a case that echoes our bondage to sin. So many foolish people these days go about calling themselves "seekers" or some other New Age-y term and asking God for a way to save them from their sins, ignorant (perhaps willfully) that God has already provided that way through Jesus Christ. It is their fault for not taking what He has offered.

I disdain this atheist view of looking down on Christians as lazy who never do anything because they think God will do it for them. Christianity is hard work. That book in the Bible is called the ACTS of the Apostles for a reason. Christians do many things, the key is that we do them because it is God's will: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."