Go Back   The Landover Baptist Church Forum > Church Forums > PRAYER REQUESTS
Reload this Page Please pray for my neighbor's nephew.
PRAYER REQUESTS Please check regularly

(#1)
Old
Farmer for Christ™
True Christian™

Saved 1 Year True Christian™ Tin Tither

Eugene Hackwith has bribed people to get these reputation points.Eugene Hackwith has bribed people to get these reputation points.Eugene Hackwith has bribed people to get these reputation points.Eugene Hackwith has bribed people to get these reputation points.Eugene Hackwith has bribed people to get these reputation points.Eugene Hackwith has bribed people to get these reputation points.Eugene Hackwith has bribed people to get these reputation points.Eugene Hackwith has bribed people to get these reputation points.Eugene Hackwith has bribed people to get these reputation points.Eugene Hackwith has bribed people to get these reputation points.Eugene Hackwith has bribed people to get these reputation points.
Default Please pray for my neighbor's nephew. - 04-10-2008, 03:19 AM

My neighbor Ned's nephew, a 19 year old young man, has been stricken with insanity. I have been told he has gone through his savings account, blowing his money on extravagances such as fine clothes and "rims" for his junky Crown Victoria. He goes days without sleeping in high times, going to the local taverns to dance with women of ill repute and doing Lord knows what with them all night long. At other times he has low points where he, get this, cries like a little girl. I and those who are actually good, God-fearing Christians believe that he is possessed by demons. Those who believe in secular science think that he should see a shrink or go to the hospital. I just think he needs some good praying, and possibly a good beating to get his head straight.

I have done much soul searching and have scoured my Bible looking for relevant verses that pertain to the matter, and I found this gem:

Matthew 17:14-18

14And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,
15Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
16And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.
17Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
18And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

The part about falling into the fire sometimes and falling into water at other times sounds just like ol' Ned's nephew. I fear the young man is too far gone, and the beating may be in order. Do you think some heavy praying can convince Jesus to heal this young man of his affliction?

A baby is a human being, not a stem cell!

Psalm 139:19-20
Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.