X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dolphin-Human DNA??

Originally posted by Arethusa View Post
    How can they be condemned if God created them though and said they were good, in the KJV?

And I'm ashamed of some of you, eating dolphins!
    Listen, Missy, I sometimes wonder it you are really Saved© at all. Please keep a civil tounge in your head and do not question the doctrines of the LBC Pastors that come straight from Jesus.

There is nothing to be ashamed of about eating dolphins. What are you? Some sort of vegan -- a witch? The beasts of the field, birds of the air, and fish of the sea are there for men to do what they like with. And don't give me this nonsense about fish versus mammals. Such academic and seculiar distinctions cut no ice around here.
    Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Comment

How can they be condemned if God created them though and said they were good, in the KJV?

And I'm ashamed of some of you, eating dolphins!
      What, do you prefer seal pups or something? I can understand how you might think they're too abominable to eat, but it's OK, Jesus has cleansed them:
      Acts 10:9 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:
      10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,
      11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
      12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
      13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
      14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
      15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

As this passage clearly shows, when you hear voices telling you to kill, you know that's GOD talking.
      O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Enobarbus View Post
        Listen, Missy, I sometimes wonder it you are really Saved© at all. Please keep a civil tounge in your head and do not question the doctrines of the LBC Pastors that come straight from Jesus.

There is nothing to be ashamed of about eating dolphins. What are you? Some sort of vegan -- a witch? The beasts of the field, birds of the air, and fish of the sea are there for men to do what they like with. And don't give me this nonsense about fish versus mammals. Such academic and seculiar distinctions cut no ice around here.
        Oh no I love meat and vegetables, equally. And of course I'm saved! I just get confused is all, being a poor woman with a weak brain.

Originally posted by Brother Temperance
        As this passage clearly shows, when you hear voices telling you to kill, you know that's GOD talking.
        :shudder:

The Lord knows best...:-S
        Tir'd, and despairing, O celestial maid,
        I'm caught, I cry'd, without thy heav'nly aid.
        Help me, Diana, help a nymph forlorn,
        Devoted to the woods, who long has worn
        Thy livery, and long thy quiver born.
        - Ovid

Comment

Oh no I love meat and vegetables, equally. And of course I'm saved! I just get confused is all, being a poor woman with a weak brain.

:shudder:

The Lord knows best...:-S
          AMEN!

Comment

Oh no I love meat and vegetables, equally.
            I do hope that that isn't supposed to mean what I think it means, either!
            O Lord our God, help us to tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it--for our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

God being truth, justice, goodness, beauty, power, and life, man is falsehood, iniquity, evil, ugliness, impotence, and death. God being master, man is the slave. Incapable of finding justice, truth, and eternal life by his own effort, he can attain them only through a divine revelation... he who desires to worship God must harbor no childish illusions about the matter, but bravely renounce his liberty and humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Temperance View Post
              I do hope that that isn't supposed to mean what I think it means, either!
              It's sick and disgusting! She admits to being 'bi'.
              Emeritus Professor of the Christ Jesus Chair of Theology at Landover Baptist University.
              "God loves you. Let us arrange for you to meet Him".
              Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth.--Psalms 58:6

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor Al E Pistle View Post
                It's sick and disgusting! She admits to being 'bi'.
                binivorous?

Comment

What's wrong with liking veggies? I have to eat something with the lobster or steak, and I'm not a big rice fan.

Tir'd, and despairing, O celestial maid,
                  I'm caught, I cry'd, without thy heav'nly aid.
                  Help me, Diana, help a nymph forlorn,
                  Devoted to the woods, who long has worn
                  Thy livery, and long thy quiver born.
                  - Ovid

Comment

Originally posted by Poetic Peter View Post
                    binivorous?
                    Perhaps it would be a good idea, Good Brother, if you were to shu keep out of this since it is not your area of expertise; and you could come out looking even more limp-wristed than you do already and that would be a disaster. And let's try to avoid the letters "bi" and words that include them -- we are True Christians™, Brother, not a mob of shrieking perverts.
                    Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Comment

What's wrong with liking veggies? I have to eat something with the lobster or steak, and I'm not a big rice fan.

Sister, I am delighted to hear that you eschew the food of the yellow harbour-bombers, that is as is should be. But please remember that True Christian™ women much prefer meat to any other form of sustenance -- much prefer it!

Vegetables and grains are necessary adjucts, but let's not go around talking too much about them. We could give people the wrong idea, and as True Christians™ we need to set an example.

Comment

Some wonderful news by way of CNN.

China's white dolphin called extinct after 20 million years

BEIJING, China
                        (AP) -- An expedition searching for a rare Yangtze River dolphin ended Wednesday without a single sighting and with the team's leader saying one of the world's oldest species was effectively extinct.

The white dolphin known as baiji, shy and nearly blind, dates back some 20 million years. Its disappearance is believed to be the first time in a half-century, since hunting killed off the Caribbean monk seal, that a large aquatic mammal has been driven to extinction.

A few baiji may still exist in their native Yangtze habitat in eastern China but not in sufficient numbers to breed and ward off extinction, said August Pfluger, the Swiss co-leader of the joint Chinese-foreign expedition.

"We have to accept the fact, that the Baiji is functionally extinct. We lost the race," Pfluger said in a statement released by the expedition. "It is a tragedy, a loss not only for China, but for the entire world. We are all incredibly sad."

Overfishing and shipping traffic, whose engines interfere with the sonar the baiji uses to navigate and feed, are likely the main reasons for the mammal's decline, Pfluger said. Though the Yangtze is polluted, water samples taken by the expedition every 30 miles did not show high concentrations of toxic substances, the statement said.

For nearly six weeks, Pfluger's team of 30 scientists scoured a 1,000-mile heavily trafficked stretch of the Yangtze, where the baiji once thrived. The expedition's two boats, equipped with high-tech binoculars and underwater microphones, trailed each other an hour apart without radio contact so that a sighting by one vessel would not prejudice the other.

Around 400 baiji were believed to be living in the Yangtze in the 1980s. The last full-fledged search, in 1997, yielded 13 confirmed sightings, and a fisherman claimed to have seen a baiji in 2004, Pfluger said in an earlier interview.

At least 20 to 25 baiji would now be needed to give the species a chance to survive, the group's statement said, citing Wang Ding, a hydrobiologist and China's foremost campaigner for the baiji.

Pfluger, an economist by training who later went to work for an environmental group, was a member of the 1997 expedition and recalls the excitement of seeing a baiji cavorting in the waters near Dongting Lake.

"It marked me," he said in an interview Monday. He went on to set up the baiji.org Foundation to save the dolphin.

That goal having evaporated, Pfluger said his foundation would turn to teaching sustainable fishing practices and trying to save other freshwater dolphins. The expedition also surveyed one of those dwindling species, the Yangtze finless porpoise, finding less than 400 of them.

"The situation of the finless porpoise is just like that of the baiji 20 years ago," Wang, the Chinese scientist, said in the statement. "Their numbers are declining at an alarming rate. If we do not act soon they will become a second baiji."

Pfluger and an occasional online diary kept by expedition members traced a dispiriting situation, as day after day team members engaged in a fruitless search for the baiji.

"At first the atmosphere was 'Let's go. Let's go save this damn species,"' Pfluger said. "As the weeks went on we got more desperate and had to motivate each other."
                        And just in time for Christmas. Praise Jesus!
                        sigpic

Comment

Who doesn't love dolphins? They're cute and intelligent. However, I can't stand people who would sacrifice humans just to keep a silly dolphin alive.

PS: She is omnivorous.
                          The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.
                          Exodus 15:3

Comment

Who doesn't love dolphins? They're cute and intelligent. However, I can't stand people who would sacrifice humans just to keep a silly dolphin alive.
                            Honestly I'd rather live in a world run by 'silly dolphins' (which btw is a contradiction to what you said at the start of your post) than live in this world run by humans. People are careless and resort to violence to solve the smallest problems. They consider everyone who's not them to be wrong and... well honestly humans have to be the furthest thing from perfection on the planet.

Plus people are changing and evolving with every new born child, think about the Great White. It has never had to evolve, never had to change it's the ultimate preditor. The perfect killing machine.
                            Now that, that don't kill me can only make me stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon_ACLUtard View Post
                              Honestly I'd rather live in a world run by 'silly dolphins' (which btw is a contradiction to what you said at the start of your post) than live in this world run by humans. People are careless and resort to violence to solve the smallest problems. They consider everyone who's not them to be wrong and... well honestly humans have to be the furthest thing from perfection on the planet.

Plus people are changing and evolving with every new born child, think about the Great White. It has never had to evolve, never had to change it's the ultimate preditor. The perfect killing machine.
                              Don't worry, I know dolphins are intelligent. Silly dolphin was just a weirdly chosen phrase.

I agree, human ways can get weird, however we do not know the dolphin society well enough to do any comparisons.

Humans are the current perfection on this planet. Of course, mutations can cause some weird shark-lovers but....

Are you sure about the shark thing?
                              The Lord is a man of war: the Lord is his name.
                              Exodus 15:3

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon_ACLUtard View Post
                                Honestly I'd rather live in a world run by 'silly dolphins' (which btw is a contradiction to what you said at the start of your post) than live in this world run by humans.
                                Then you are spitting on the Word of God.

1 Peter 2:13-- Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, 14or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right.

People are careless and resort to violence to solve the smallest problems. They consider everyone who's not them to be wrong and... well honestly humans have to be the furthest thing from perfection on the planet.
                                I think you're confusing "people" with "unsaved people," i.e. non-Baptists. We True Christians™ do nothing but good in the world, because we have the blessing of God Almighty. Certainly, even the saved are not without sin, but our sin has been washed away by the blood of Christ; thus, we can effectively do no wrong.

I'm afraid you are gravely mistaken. There is only one "perfect killing machine," and He is the LORD!

Genesis 6:13-- And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

God destroyed EVERY HUMAN BEING on Earth except for Noah and his family, and that's but one of many blood-drenched examples of His righteous rage. Now tell me, what fish could lay claim to such a glorious feat?

Your every word is a step toward æternal damnation.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X