X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: C.H. Spurgeon on Atheism

Originally posted by ἄθεος (without god) View Post
    Lets get one thing clear.

All kinds of terrorismes, religous or political, is wrong. Its wrong to kill people for you own personal gain.
    But bassicly, yes, they will go to heaven, because Jesus died for our sin, including theirs.
    Maybe their interpretation of god is the right one, and islam is the true way?

But i don't think any of us is going to heaven or hell, because it doesn't exist.
    NO,NO,NO,NO,NO!!!

The only way to heaven is by Jesus paying our sin debt!

See Romans 3:21-26

But now ithe righteousness of God jwithout the law is manifested, being witnessed by klthe law and lmthe prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is nby faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for othere is no difference: 23 For eall have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified pfreely qby his grace rthrough the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath * sset forth tto be a propitiation through faith uin his blood, wto declare his righteousness for the * remission of xsins that are past, through the yforbearance of God; 26 wTo declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

By this, we can see Jesus is the only way to heaven.

And as to not believing in hell, really you could have stopped after the first four words of your final sentence.

Quote "But i don't think...."

You then make a positive assertion that heaven or hell don't exist!

Prove to me, hell does not exist! If you cannot, then you cannot make a positive assertion that it does not exist. Therefore their is a possibility of hell existing - though you will find it a certainty when you die.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon the Swede View Post
      So you have sadistic pleasures to see people burn? I believe that this perversion is a sin.
      Just my words.
      A sin indeed.
      Maybe it would be a sin on earth, but in Heaven after the judgment is done, we will get to watch and laugh at you.

Psalm 2:4-5 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.
      Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
      Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post
        Maybe it would be a sin on earth, but in Heaven after the judgment is done, we will get to watch and laugh at you.

Psalm 2:4-5 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.
        Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
        So what you aren't allowed to do on this earht, you are allowed to do in heaven.
        Seems to me, that you are just saving up to do horrible sin, and can get away with it.
        I think you will get really dissapointed, if you a waiting for beeing "saved"
        I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

Comment

So what you aren't allowed to do on this earht, you are allowed to do in heaven.
          Seems to me, that you are just saving up to do horrible sin, and can get away with it.
          I think you will get really dissapointed, if you a waiting for beeing "saved"
          We are allowed to laugh, but we have to show mercy on this earth. After the end of times, God will pour His vengeance out on people like you. I personally can't wait.

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
          Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

We are allowed to laugh, but we have to show mercy on this earth. After the end of times, God will pour His vengeance out on people like you. I personally can't wait.
            Wait a minute, you're saying that your showing mercy at this moment? You have been showing no mercy for us 'the unsaved', so you have sinned by already judging us instead of letting God judge us.

because you have already sadistic perversions already here on earth before you're even in heaven and I think that you know that God knows all what your thinking. So no paradise for you!!

Comment

Wait a minute, you're saying that your showing mercy at this moment? You have been showing no mercy for us 'the unsaved',
              Of course I'm showing you mercy! You're still here to be allowed a chance for salvation. I don't like your implication. I am positively brimming with Christ's love!

so you have sinned by already judging us instead of letting God judge us.
              Only God can take out His holy vengeance on you.

Where in the Bible does it say Christians can't judge?

Leviticus 19:15 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Psalm 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

1st Corinthians 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
              1st Corinthians 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

1st Corinthians 6:1-6Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
              Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
              Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?.
              If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
              I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
              But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.
              But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

sigpic

Comment

Of course I'm showing you mercy! You're still here to be allowed a chance for salvation. I don't like your implication. I am positively brimming with Christ's love!

Only God can take out His holy vengeance on you.

Where in the Bible does it say Christians can't judge?

Leviticus 19:15 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.

Psalm 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.

1st Corinthians 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
                1st Corinthians 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

1st Corinthians 6:1-6Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
                Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
                Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?.
                If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
                I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
                But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.
                But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
                But you can't judge someone without knowing anything about that person or having personal enjoying by punishing that person.

And if you say that you already know everything that is to know about a person like me without any good background, then your a very bad judge, and I don't think that you must judge someone to hell in this way and taking sadistic pleasure with this.

Comment

But you can't judge someone without knowing anything about that person or having personal enjoying by punishing that person.

And if you say that you already know everything that is to know about a person like me without any good background, then your a very bad judge, and I don't think that you must judge someone to hell in this way and taking sadistic pleasure with this.
                  For crying out loud. It's simple. If someone says they don't believe in God, then I can warn them that they are going to hell.

Is that making a judgment? Yes it is, but it's okay. The Bible tells us to do it.

sigpic

Comment

And have I said that I don't believe in God are have you assumed?

Comment

Excuse me, I meant: 'And have I said that I don't believe in God OR have you assumed?'

And By 'warning them', you mean by saying to people that you're taking pleasure to see them burn? That's not a warning, that's a threat that we're going to suffer for your pleasure. There is no holy justice in fullfilling your sadistic perversions. I thought that we're going to hell by not to obey the Bible.

Comment

For crying out loud. It's simple. If someone says they don't believe in God, then I can warn them that they are going to hell.

Is that making a judgment? Yes it is, but it's okay. The Bible tells us to do it.
                        But you are not warning us.

You are just judging us, and telling us that we are going to hell.

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
                        - Luke 6.37
                        I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

Comment

I believe you called yourself an agnostic. You don't believe or disbelieve.
                          You fall somewhere between hell and hell.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Revelation 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

sigpic

Comment

And one last thing: Even if the Bible says you can judge someone, who is there that qualifies you as the person discribed in the bible to judge other people if they're going to hell?

I can't take the word of anybody seriously without any background. If a person says that you can judge other people, what qualifies him to give you this duty? Actually, to judge other people, you must receive in theorie a Godly message that says that you're a true Christian, not by other people.

Comment

I believe you called yourself an agnostic. You don't believe or disbelieve.
                              You fall somewhere between hell and hell.
                              And you're again taking assuptions, who said I did not believe in God? Who said that I was agnostic person? What do you have that says that I believe, disbelieve God or that I'm a atheist?

Comment

But you are not warning us.

You are just judging us, and telling us that we are going to hell.

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
                                - Luke 6.37
                                Dear sweet jumping Jehoshaphat. Didn't we already go over this?

Luke 6 follows the same narrative as Matthew 7 does. It is a prohibition against hypocritical judgment. Look at it in context.

37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
                                38Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
                                39And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?
                                40The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.
                                41And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
                                42Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.
                                We are supposed to judge others.

Proverbs 31:9 Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.

1st Corinthians 6:1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
                                1st Corinthians 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
                                1st Corinthians 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?.
                                1st Corinthians 6:4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
                                1st Corinthians 6:5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

2nd Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
                                2nd Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
                                2nd Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
                                2nd Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
                                2nd Timothy 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X