X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Christian members of Slayer good Christians?

Apparently, half of Death Metal band "SLAYER" are devout Christians. Because they DO worship our lord and savior, does this make them good Christians?

Re: Are the Christian members of Slayer good Christians?

Originally posted by Earlie Cuyler View Post
    Apparently, half of Death Metal band "SLAYER" are devout Christians. Because they DO worship our lord (sic) and savior (sic), does this make them good Christians?
    No. You cannot be a good Christian while campaigning for Satan.

That's like putting and together. There is only place for 1.
    I take my orders from Jesus H. Christ, supernatural born US citizen

Be wary of false Kumbaya Christians who use a highlighter and scissors to read the Bible. God wants us to read the lines, not between the lines. False Christians will go to Hell:
    Matthew 7:22
    Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Asking a Christian to prove God exists is like asking him to prove his phone rings because yours doesn't. Make that call yourself! Dial 0800-get-on-your-knees-and-pray.

Comment

You cannot serenade Jesus with the songs of the Devil.
      Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
      Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?
      Numbers 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
      Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
      Matthew 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
      Matthew 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Comment

This is such a stupid question, to be honest. Now, I'm actually quite familiar with Slayer since I've been burning their records since the 1980's. I believe their lead singer might be a Catholic, but that is not a Christian. Papists believe in Mary and break a number of rules that God laid out in the Bible. So we can count him out.

But, even if one of them was "Christian" like you claim, they are in name only. No Christian would associate with such a blatantly Satanic rock group. Their music praises Satan, evangelizes Satan's message to youth, and they live rock 'n roll (aka SINFUL) lifestyles. There's just too many sins to go over.

But here is one...

2nd Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Since you listen to Slayer I don't expect you to have the intelligence to understand that preceding Bible passage. But it says this, in essence, "Do not associate or join together with unbelievers. For good and bad cannot come together, and it corrupts you." I think that says all you need to know.

Watch the #1 Televangelist Gospel Hour in the World! "Turn or Burn: Accept Christ or Go to Hell with Rev. Jim Osborne." Check your local cable listings.

Comment

God listens TO SLAYER!

Comment

Slayer is a Christian band, now? How is that going to help their album sales?
            May you be a blessing to every life you touch.

Comment

Maybe they try to secretly win satanist metal fans back for Jesus? We should check their music for subliminal Christian messages...
              Sweet Lord Jesus,
              I want to pray for those who persecute me, my Lord.
              Please, treat their children as you treated those of Egypt, when they upset you! (Psalm 135:8-9)
              Dash their little children against the stones for their fathers iniquity! (Psalm 137:8-9)
              Hit them on the cheek, and smash out their teeth! (Psalm 3:7)
              Make their death and descent into Hell swift and terrible! (Psalm 55:15)
              Scatter their broken bodies over the streets of their evil cities, like Benghazi, Amsterdam, Tokyo and Mecca! (Psalm 110:6)
              Praised be Your Glorious Name™.

Amen.

Comment

I mentioned in my introduction that one of my guilty pleasures has always been music and that metal has been an area of particular interest for me. Being an accomplished drummer and percussion instructor myself, I do consider myself something of an expert.

Slayer has been around for a lot longer than most people realize. They made a name for themselves among metal fans in 1983 with brutally chaotic guitar riffs, relentless (if somewhat Muppet-like) drumming efforts, and lame comic book lyrics about war and death and religion and evil. I can tolerate their 'old school' approach to metal for short periods, but at best they always were and still are a B-tier metal band with a lot of simple loyal fans who'd better find Jesus before it's too late. That one or two of their members are thought to be Christians in any imagined form doesn't excuse the fact that the band, as a whole, exists to blaspheme and lead the younger, weaker sheep astray. Listen with caution to this literally damned band.
                sigpicMIKE HUCKABEE/RAND PAUL - 2012 (or sooner if possible)

Comment

Exactly. It's the same thing as saying that ICP are Christians. They're not.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD=life View Post
                    No. You cannot be a good Christian while campaigning for Satan.

That's like putting and together. There is only place for 1.
                    the band slayer do not campaign for satan you fool.

just because they are in a heavy metal band it does not at all mean you campaign for satan, or even acnowlege him.

its just a style of music for crying out loud

Comment

Slayer is a satanic band, don't be an idiot you idiot.
                      God bless America, the Second Amendment and the Constitution. God bless the United States Marine Corps and all who fight for Jesus in third world cess pools. God bless the GOP and all they stand for, Truth, Honesty and the American people. God bless Landover Baptist Church and all True Christians™ the world over. Curses to our Muslim President, his failure is our Salvation.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall View Post
                        Slayer is a satanic band, don't be an idiot you idiot.
                        dont call me an idiot you christfag!

there is no such thing as a SATANIC BAND!

a band is a piffleing band!

if theyr so piffleing bad for your religious views, why the piffle have a thread dedicated to talking about them?

honestly you truely are a bunch of clueless dickfaces

Comment

You're an idiot.

Comment

and you, my good man, are a christfag.....

i would rather be an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by the_dark_lord View Post
                              there is no such thing as a SATANIC BAND!
                              Do they praise The Lord in their songs? No? Then they are satanic.

Originally posted by the_dark_lord View Post
                              honestly you truely are a bunch of clueless dickfaces
                              It's you who is clueless. Read the Bible and get some clues.
                              5 Reasons why GOD HATES WOMEN!
                              To most "Christians" The Bible is like a license agreement. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree". All those "Christians" will burn in Hell!
                              James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

Comment

Working...
                              X