X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Business Application Update

Originally posted by Mrs. Phebe Dewitt View Post
    Mayor,

If I may say something. Not that it is any of the noodle-nazi's business, but I have been checking into something similar regarding a coffee establishment.
    Gloria Jeans Coffee would be my personal choice as I KNOW from experience dealing with them in Australia, they are Good God-fearing folk; so much so, they even put money into Christian programs and are excited at the prospect of being part of Freehold. They too would refuse to advertise ANY "free-thinking" slogans on their cups!

Gosh, I have so much more to add, but I do have a deadline for something I have been working on for the Creation Science team.

I will be back shortly to discuss this more.

YIC

Mrs Phebe Dewitt.
    Mrs. Dewitt--Thank you for a wife's perspective. Your City Hall is always interested in the homemaker's view of things.

I am not closed to the possibiltiy of a Gloria Jeans franchise. Starbucks was chosen because that corporation has both a Mayor's Hospitality Program and Pastor's Hospitality Program. Those programs allow us free coffee and pastries when we are hosting our local citizens. They could be called "Community Builder" programs.

If Gloria Jeans has a program like that which really builds that important sense of community, certainly, I would take a look at it.
    Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

Originally posted by Johny Joe Hold View Post
      Mrs. Dewitt--Thank you for a wife's perspective. Your City Hall is always interested in the homemaker's view of things.

I am not closed to the possibiltiy of a Gloria Jeans franchise. Starbucks was chosen because that corporation has both a Mayor's Hospitality Program and Pastor's Hospitality Program. Those programs allow us free coffee and pastries when we are hosting our local citizens. They could be called "Community Builder" programs.

If Gloria Jeans has a program like that which really builds that important sense of community, certainly, I would take a look at it.
      Mayor,

I was of the impression that James made it clear that I AM the one running DFAC, so I do have more than just a mere "homemaker's" interest in this.
      Gloria Jean's coffee houses ALWAYS offer a "slice of Jesus on the side" with every cup served, which I think is of the utmost importance. Of course too it goes without saying that they have Hospitality Programs for the Church Elders and also those in a position such as yours; not just freebie "standard" size cups either! You would be getting the El Grande size with jumbo pastry of choice! Gloria Jeans tend to look after their own. Actually I am concerned that Starbucks was even contemplated in the first place, considering their liebral attitude and from what I have heard, they are usually owned by joos!

YIC

Mrs Phebe Dewitt.

There's Jesus here,
      Just see what He offers me....
      Down here my sins forgiven,
      Up there a home in heaven
      Praise God, That's the way for me!!

Comment

The question before the citizens of Freehold is this: What is the proper way for families to respond when they face a financial crisis? The proper thing for them to do, as I mentioned earlier, is to pray. They need to ask Jesus for guidence. This is the only proper path out of their financial problems.
        It would seem that you have answered your own question. But beyond this, I have no idea as Jewish people never face a "financial crisis". I do wish you luck in your attempt to escape poverty.

Having provided you with the correct answer, I will ask the question in a different way, why do you feel it is better to sell their treasured possessions to you at a reduced price, or put them up as collateral and be charged interest rates the Bible call usery, than it is to fall on their knees and pray to Jesus for help?
        Maybe because your church is not as forthcoming in benevolence as it should be with its wealth? Jews do take care of each other. I have many Christian clients who turned to me in desperation when their clergy shunned them.

My hope is that you will answer the question directly and not ramble on about unrelated issues.
        I have. Do I have your support or not?

Shalom
        Acts 14:2 But the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles, and made their minds evil affected against the brethren.

Comment

Originally posted by Benedict A. Davis
          Well one thing you did not add to your complex description, What the Good Book has to say about money lenders and the way they earn their living.
          !
          Mr. Freddie was after a Venn diagram, and I produced (part of) one for a type of operation that exists here, in some quarters. Your comments are appropriate - no Captain Pugwash songs for example - and will be beneficial to others; it is not my place to instruct, but in the hands of others my meagre offering may be felt, to be a resource for others.

1.. I do not receive benefit from the financial arrangements. To to so would be at variance with any fiduciary duty that may exist.

You should budget for things bot rush out to buy them on a whim.
          2.. There is a difference between an impulse purchase and the pressing need to satisfy other certainly unpleasant, probably hairy persons who have a track record of direct action against family members. I would never do such a thing and exopse myself to some risk in delivering those so put upon, from their opressors. LEVITICUS 19:29 In the future, some modest income might be possible in the commodities sector, hoveveer I do not feel that it is my place to benefit from this, at present, and supply all goods and services at cost. (since cost price is inversely proportional to quantities supplied, market growth is exponential)

This man wants to come among us
          3.. Rothstein charges 47% APR and is clearly using a different business plan, possibly akin to this one?
          __________________________________________________ _________________________
          I will be unable to discuss any further details concerning this due to client confidentiality.
          Sincerely,
          ML

Comment

Originally posted by David Rothstein View Post
            It would seem that you have answered your own question. But beyond this, I have no idea as Jewish people never face a "financial crisis". I do wish you luck in your attempt to escape poverty.
            Mr. Rothstein--I am so delighted to have this visit with you because it is a chance for both of us, and for the citizens of Freehold, to reflect on our respective faiths.

Your observations above that the Jewish people do not have financial crisis' and that we Baptists will not be able to escape poverty may well be true. The problem is Jewish people like yourself and we Baptists have differenct objectives.

You are about accumulation in the present life. I have no idea what the point of that is. Do you think that the brief period that you, yourself, occupy this earth is so important that it will have some profound affect on the 6,000 years of the universe's history? I'm afraid you are mistaken if this is what you believe.

We Baptists, on the other hand, are focused on eternal salvation. That is why prayer is more important than selling one's possessions to a loan shark.

I am appealing to you to abandon this idea of opening a loan sharking business. A quick call to the lovely Mrs. Dewitt should resolve this matter. She would, I'm sure, buy out whatever dollars you have put into this idea and everyone wins.

Johny Joe Hold, Mayor

P. S. Following that call, you should call a Landover Pastor and become a Baptist convert. You will thank me one day for this suggestion.
            Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Comment

We Baptists, on the other hand, are focused on eternal salvation. That is why prayer is more important than selling one's possessions to a loan shark.
              Mayor Hold, you are absolutely correct that no True Christian™ would turn to a pawn shop to borrow money in exchange for her mink coat, or for his Porsche.

In other words, there is no market for a pawn shop in Freehold, provided Mr. Rothstein holds true to his promise to limit goods to a defined price floor and also limit the number of Negroes within the store at any one time.

So, why not let Mr. Rothstein build a building meeting the town's architectural standards and designed for easy conversion to other uses, with a zoning restriction requiring that any change of use be approved by the Town Council?

This way, he can build a quality building, open his little shop, fail due to lack of business, and only be able to sell it for a use the Town Council will permit. Freehold gets a great new building, and is then able to control what happens to/in that building within a matter of months. Perhaps the only use the Council would approve is a Bible shop.

And don't forget that special tax on short-term loans which use personal property as collateral. That could provide a real boost to the Jenkem Flats Neighborhood Improvement District . . . You've seen Brother Nobar's pictures of the broken sidewalks, derelict houses, and that one with the tree sprouting right in the street. It's an embarassment to Freehold. (They might actually vote next election. For that Al King!)
              Bible boring? Nonsense!
              Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
              You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
                Mayor Hold, you are absolutely correct that no True Christian™ would turn to a pawn shop to borrow money in exchange for her mink coat, or for his Porsche.

In other words, there is no market for a pawn shop in Freehold, provided Mr. Rothstein holds true to his promise to limit goods to a defined price floor and also limit the number of Negroes within the store at any one time.

So, why not let Mr. Rothstein build a building meeting the town's architectural standards and designed for easy conversion to other uses, with a zoning restriction requiring that any change of use be approved by the Town Council?

This way, he can build a quality building, open his little shop, fail due to lack of business, and only be able to sell it for a use the Town Council will permit. Freehold gets a great new building,
                Rev. Rodimer--You are a gifted thinker and I appreciate it that you took time from your ministry to chime in here. Thank you.

In my way of thinking it would be unseemly to encourage Mr. Rothstein to enter into a business which can only succeed if he entices our Christian residents, or, other nearby residents, into sin.

Let me state again, here, that Freehold is an equal opportunity City. We are not prejudiced against race or creed. The City, however, has established goals which it intends to achieve. These goals were reached during an extensive Strategic Planning Seminar.

Several flip charts were used. One goal established during that process was "To Enhance the Christian Life and Rewards in the Afterlife." Another goal was "To Be an Equal Opportunity City".

All of our zoning laws and land use policies must move us toward these goals. Unfortunately, I am finding, so far, that Mr. Rothstein's intended use of that proper does not conform to the goals of the City of Freehold. But, I want to provide him with an ample opportunity to present his arguments. I encourage him to do so.

Comment

Mayor,

I thought I should give you an update on the situation. I have yet to hear from that joo. I am a busy woman and to be frank, I refuse to wait much longer as it appears that he is not only wasting my time, yours as well, but all the good people of Freehold.

As such, I will put an offer on the table right now. I would be happy to give him $100.oo for his time and efforts. I believe I am being generous considering. Oh course I would be willing to pay him in singles, so that it at least gives the allusion of him having a large wad in his trousers.

YIC

Mrs Phebe Dewitt.

There's Jesus here,

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Phebe Dewitt View Post
                    Mayor,

I thought I should give you an update on the situation. I have yet to hear from that joo. I am a busy woman and to be frank, I refuse to wait much longer as it appears that he is not only wasting my time, yours as well, but all the good people of Freehold.

As such, I will put an offer on the table right now. I would be happy to give him $100.oo for his time and efforts. I believe I am being generous considering. Oh course I would be willing to pay him in singles, so that it at least gives the allusion of him having a large wad in his trousers.

YIC

Mrs Phebe Dewitt.
                    I have to agree that you are being most generous, Mrs. Dewitt. The gentleman needs to respond in a timely manner.

I am most reluctant to discuss taking property by eminent domain. But, if this gentleman actually owns the property as he claims, and, we need to move forward toward the goals we Christian people of Freehold have decided are worthy, we must look at the options available.

Comment

I have to agree that you are being most generous, Mrs. Dewitt. The gentleman needs to respond in a timely manner.

I am most reluctant to discuss taking property by eminent domain. But, if this gentleman actually owns the property as he claims, and, we need to move forward toward the goals we Christian people of Freehold have decided are worthy, we must look at the options available.
                      Honarable, Mayor Hold
                      In order to make this a sound investment we( DFAC) will also need a few more parcels of land.
                      1155 Park st. commonly know as "Woo Fats Chinese laundry and Restaurant."
                      1153 Park st. commonly known as " Kotextra's cut and hair weave"
                      1151 Park st. commonly know as " Leroy's catfish hut"

There is a possibility that we (DFAC) will need to remove the 5 residential homes on the adjacent street(Broad st) and the city alley that separates the two streets. We will only need the address on Broad st (1152,1154,1156,1158,1160) if under ground parking is cost prohibitive.
                      I am sure that given the cost you will agree. The DFAC Building will revitalize an entire block of Downtown Freehold.

Comment

Originally posted by James Dewitt View Post
                        Honarable, Mayor Hold
                        In order to make this a sound investment we( DFAC) will also need a few more parcels of land.
                        1155 Park st. commonly know as "Woo Fats Chinese laundry and Restaurant."
                        1153 Park st. commonly known as " Kotextra's cut and hair weave"
                        1151 Park st. commonly know as " Leroy's catfish hut"

There is a possibility that we (DFAC) will need to remove the 5 residential homes on the adjacent street(Broad st) and the city alley that separates the two streets. We will only need the address on Broad st (1152,1154,1156,1158,1160) if under ground parking is cost prohibitive.
                        I am sure that given the cost you will agree. The DFAC Building will revitalize an entire block of Downtown Freehold.
                        Brother James,

How wonderful that you want to improve the Jenkem Flats neighborhood! I am sure you are aware that Kotextra and Leroy are members of the "Jenkem Flats Chambur o' Commerse". It's through that organization's efforts that Park Street has those wonderful hanging flower baskets in summer and poinsettias in winter. You wouldn't even know they're silk, honestly! Have I said too much?

I should mention that Brother Nobar frequents Leroy's AND Woo Fat's, since there aren't many restaurants or laundromats in Jenkem Flats. For his sake, and to prevent strife between church brethren, maybe you can accommodate these long-standing and successful businesses on the Jenkem Flats side of the ground floor of your building! The hair salon, I think, only appeals to Professor Tyeisha X anyway; no major loss. I'm pretty sure Brother Nobar doesn't go there.

Brother Nobar and I did make it to Leroy's during my May visit. Best catfish in town, brother . . . give it a try! I imagine it'd make your employees mighty happy to have tasty treats right in the building. And more customers means they can pay more rent!
                        Bible boring? Nonsense!
                        Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
                          Brother James,

How wonderful that you want to improve the Jenkem Flats neighborhood! I am sure you are aware that Kotextra and Leroy are members of the "Jenkem Flats Chambur o' Commerse". It's through that organization's efforts that Park Street has those wonderful hanging flower baskets in summer and poinsettias in winter. You wouldn't even know they're silk, honestly! Have I said too much?

I should mention that Brother Nobar frequents Leroy's AND Woo Fat's, since there aren't many restaurants or laundromats in Jenkem Flats. For his sake, and to prevent strife between church brethren, maybe you can accommodate these long-standing and successful businesses on the Jenkem Flats side of the ground floor of your building! The hair salon, I think, only appeals to Professor Tyeisha X anyway; no major loss. I'm pretty sure Brother Nobar doesn't go there.

Brother Nobar and I did make it to Leroy's during my May visit. Best catfish in town, brother . . . give it a try! I imagine it'd make your employees mighty happy to have tasty treats right in the building. And more customers means they can pay more rent!
                          You will have to take this up with Phebe, its her office. I am just letting the Mayor know how much land we will need. I am not sure that Phebe will want a cat chinese restaurant in the building. Brother you might want to reconsider catfish for lunch from now on.
                          Catfish do not have scales. See Lev. for approved foods.

Comment

Originally posted by James Dewitt View Post
                            You will have to take this up with Phebe, its her office. I am just letting the Mayor know how much land we will need. I am not sure that Phebe will want a cat chinese restaurant in the building. Brother you might want to reconsider catfish for lunch from now on.
                            Catfish do not have scales. See Lev. for approved foods.
                            Jesus says:
                            Mark 7

18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;

19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
                            Catfish cannot make a man unclean. Much like that BBQ pig you were eating on Burn a Koran Day, Brother.
                            Bible boring? Nonsense!

Comment

Announcement to all Concerned:

This is to annouce that I have appointed a Committee to Advise on Condemation of Property for the Public Good (CACPPG).

This Committee will review the property dispute before us, gage the public good involved, review public opinion as expressed and provide me with all the information necessary to move ahead with a decision on this disputed property.

Five Pastors from Landover Baptist Church have agreed to serve on the CACPPG.

Johny Joe Hold, Mayor

Comment

There's Jesus here,

Comment

Working...
                                X