X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christian Domestic Discipline

Originally posted by Levi Jones View Post
    Read it again, but the whole thing this time.

1 John 3:5-9 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
    Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
    He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
    Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

It depends on the severity of the sin. Permanent shunning is always a possibility as Paul tells us.

1 Corinthians 5:9-13
    9I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
    10Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
    11But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
    12For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
    13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
    ...Paul? As in Saul, the guy who stoned the first Christian martyr?...Are you seriously trying to say Jesus would agree with dear Paul?
    ...So, should we permanently shun you because you judge? ...Since, you know, those are permanently shunned according to dear Paul...
    And he says not to eat with the aforementioned sinners(fornicators, extortioners, etc), so, do you eat in restaurants often?
    A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back. Proverbs 26:3

Comment

Originally posted by Israfel'sTrueFaith View Post
      ...Paul? As in Saul, the guy who stoned the first Christian martyr?...Are you seriously trying to say Jesus would agree with dear Paul?
      Of course Jesus would agree with Paul. He appeared to Him to change his heart personally! He repented of his Christ killing ways and became an ex-Pharisee. He later went on to author around half of the New Testament.

...So, should we permanently shun you because you judge? ...Since, you know, those are permanently shunned according to dear Paul...
      12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

Paul is telling us to actively judge people within the church.

And he says not to eat with the aforementioned sinners(fornicators, extortioners, etc), so, do you eat in restaurants often?
      Do the unsaved sit at my table?

Reread this verse again.

10Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.

Paul is saying that it would be impossible to shun them all or you couldn't leave the house.
      Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

Of course Jesus would agree with Paul. He appeared to Him to change his heart personally! He repented of his Christ killing ways and became an ex-Pharisee.

12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

Paul is telling us to actively judge people within the church.

Do the unsaved sit at my table?
        ....And why are you judging everyone, then?...Also, Paul kind of did not like the other apostles, so, do you agree with him on that too?...And, probably, they serve you, at least...
        A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back. Proverbs 26:3

Comment

....And why are you judging everyone, then?...
          I am not judging anyone. I am merely looking at the Bible and telling you what it says.

Do you also get angry with the sign post that holds the stop sign up?

Also, Paul kind of did not like the other apostles, so, do you agree with him on that too?
          I'm sure Paul loved his fellow apostles. He did merely point a few things about how they were wrong. It's no different than what we do.
          Christians are superior because we possess an understanding that unbelievers lack. It is through the Power of Jesus only the converted mind is able to understand what is going on in the world; what the Communists are really up to; what Satan's intentions are. Most unbelievers do not even believe in Satan and cannot understand his tactics.

sigpic

Comment

I am not judging anyone. I am merely looking at the Bible and telling you what it says.

Do you also get angry with the sign post that holds the stop sign up?

I'm sure Paul loved his fellow apostles. He did merely point a few things about how they were wrong. It's no different than what we do.

...Let's see, you are quoting a mistranslation of a mistranslation of a Greek mistranslation of the Bible, and you think I'm angry... I'm not angry, if I was I would use exclamation points. And, do I get angry with the Stop signs? Nah, only if they are half-destroyed, and then only at the people who have destroyed them, hun...

And Paul? Yes, you are like Paul. Happy now?

Comment

...Let's see, you are quoting a mistranslation of a mistranslation of a Greek mistranslation of the Bible,
              Ah, so you think Paul said something else completely different. He probably said to coddle sinners and tell them that everything is okay. It was just those mean nasty Christians who changed his words to say the complete opposite.

You have convinced me. What kind of puppy dog would you like me to buy you? Maybe you wanted a pony from Paul?

sigpic

Comment

Ah, so you think Paul said something else completely different. He probably said to coddle sinners and tell them that everything is okay. It was just those mean nasty Christians who changed his words to say the complete opposite.

You have convinced me. What kind of puppy dog would you like me to buy you? Maybe you wanted a pony from Paul?
                ...You do realise you missed a chance to comment on a great simile, right? Also, no, Paul was Paul. Misogynist, homophobic, old, Jewish Paul. Of course the reiteration of the Old Testament laws will be done by a person who never talked to Jeshua for a long period of time... Also, I want a cobra... Are you willing to buy me one?

Comment

........Then why is there a Focus on Family - Christian Parenting forum section? If you're chosen, you're chosen, if you're not, you're not. Obviously. What would discipline have to do with it?
                  A parent's role, as directed by God, is to raise up a child in the right way.

The child has to make his own choices, but that does not give the parent the right to abdicate responsibility.

Also, so, you are not a True Christian™ if you stray? What if you strayed before but now do not?
                  Most True Christians™ were sinners at one point.

Once a True Christian™, it is no longer possible to sin. If you sin, you are not a True Christian™.
                  Of course the reiteration of the Old Testament laws will be done by a person who never talked to Jeshua for a long period of time
                  You mean like Jesus?

Matthew 5:17-20
                  17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
                  Maybe you should try reading the Bible before telling us what it says, friend.
                  Bible boring? Nonsense!
                  Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!
                  You can't be a Christian if you don't know God's Word!

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
                    A parent's role, as directed by God, is to raise up a child in the right way.

The child has to make his own choices, but that does not give the parent the right to abdicate responsibility.

Most True Christians™ were sinners at one point.

Once a True Christian™, it is no longer possible to sin. If you sin, you are not a True Christian™.

You mean like Jesus?

Matthew 5:17-20
                    17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
                    Maybe you should try reading the Bible before telling us what it says, friend.
                    You do see a logical fallacy here, no?...And righteousness surpassing this of the Scribes and Pharisees was easy, since they didn't follow the laws set for them....

Comment

You do see a logical fallacy here, no?...And righteousness surpassing this of the Scribes and Pharisees was easy, since they didn't follow the laws set for them....
                      No, there is no logical fallacy there.

The scribes and Pharisees were known for following the Law, much more so than the average Jew.

To enter Heaven, you must be more righteous (that is, obedient to the Law) than they were.
                      Bible boring? Nonsense!
                      Try Bible in a Year with Brother V, or join Shirlee and the kids as they discuss Real Bible Stories!

Comment

Originally posted by Rev. M. Rodimer View Post
                        No, there is no logical fallacy there.

The scribes and Pharisees were known for following the Law, much more so than the average Jew.

To enter Heaven, you must be more righteous (that is, obedient to the Law) than they were.
                        No, Honeybee, the scribes and Pharisees only followed the letter of the Law, so they were unrighteous according to Jeshua. You have to follow the spirit of the Law to be righteous, and that means understand it and then act according to your understanding. Jeshua was clear. By calling them unrighteous, He set the spirit of the Law as the thing to follow...

You can refute me all you want, since I'm hoping you will. I want to learn something, after all...

Comment

No, Honeybee, the scribes and Pharisees only followed the letter of the Law, so they were unrighteous according to Jeshua. You have to follow the spirit of the Law to be righteous, and that means understand it and then act according to your understanding. Jeshua was clear. By calling them unrighteous, He set the spirit of the Law as the thing to follow...

You can refute me all you want, since I'm hoping you will. I want to learn something, after all...
                          What's with all the Jeshua nonsense?

You trying to be hip and trendy with the wannabe new age scholars, sonny?
                          sigpic
                          Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
                          The truth about volcanos
                          Sex and debauchery in public schools
                          Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
                          God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
                          Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeemed Papist View Post
                            What's with all the Jeshua nonsense?

You trying to be hip and trendy with the wannabe new age scholars, sonny?
                            You DO realise I'm female, right?

Comment

And in order to be more righteous, you must follow the letter AND the spirit of the law.

Do you? Or have you chosen Hell?
                              Bible boring? Nonsense!

Comment

You DO realise I'm female, right?
                                Explains a lot...

Why are you here embarrassing your father/husband? He's going to be hopping mad when he sees what your silly emotions have made you do this time.
                                sigpic
                                Isaiah 34:6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.

John 5:46,47 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Join me in scoffing at backwards Muslims clinging to their beliefs in the face of the evidence!
                                The truth about volcanos
                                Sex and debauchery in public schools
                                Faith wins over science (explained for even the very stupid)
                                God Cures AIDS - GLORY!
                                Desert whale bones prove Great Flood once and for all.

Comment

Working...
                                X