X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are We Allowed to Read the Bible with "fresh eyes and insight"? NO!

What makes me mad is liberal preacher/writers who come along and say the Bibles means something different today than it did years ago. "Cultural and historical" context is the fancy term they use.

Here is a dufus who says young evangelicals are accepting homerism because they see in the Bible something different than their parents saw. They read it with, "fresh eyes and insight".

How in the world could the Bible say something different today than it did yesterday if the words are exactly the same??

If you want to get mad like I am, you can do it here:

Either same-gender love is a distortion and perversion of what it means to be truly human ... or else it is a variation within the fullness of the human family.
    Isaiah 24:1-3 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty (2)...as the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. (3) The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken his word.

Re: Are We Allowed to Read the Bible with "fresh eyes and insight"? NO!

The article says 'The Bible's focus is upon God's movement to liberate those who are enslaved and oppressed (Exodus)' so if he is quoting the Old Testament how about

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

How is that read with 'fresh eyes and insight'??. It is clear that God HATES fags. Anyone who thinks differently is NOT a Christian. They are just hell bound lying fag enablers.

YIC

Jack
    Genesis 22:2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

sigpic

I know God wouldn't let me believe in Him if He didn't exist.

Comment

Re: Are We Allowed to Read the Bible with "fresh eyes and insight"? NO!

Let's see how this works. I'll read the owner's manual of my SUV with fresh eyes and insight. Instead of reading what the words actually say about oil changes, I'll assert that the focus is upon some airy-fairy nonsense that doesn't actually appear in the owner's manual but that makes me feel good. I'll say that as part of the rich diversity of humanity, I get to change the oil as often or as seldom as I like and that it doesn't matter whether I use motor oil, cooking oil, or baby oil. After all, a truly benevolent manufacturer will honor the warrany regardless, right? Right?
      This church is dedicated to preaching True Christianity™ and the King James Bible exactly as they are, with no alterations to make them more politically correct for modern liberals. If you think that we've misquoted or twisted Scripture or quoted any verse out of context, please explain in detail how we've done so. Otherwise, if what you read on this site offends you, then you're offended by Almighty God and His Word, not by us.

Questions to ask liberal "Christians"Things that the Bible doesn't sayTolerance

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X